TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Amazing Rando

Promo - "Forgive........" (Part 1 of 2)

The scene fades up to the living room of the Clark house. Alan seems dazed as his eyes move between the television and Landon and Megan, who sit across the room on a small couch. Cortez sits between them, mumbling to himself as the light from the television flickers across his face, his eyes locked on as he looks to be studying whatever he is watching. Landon keeps his eyes on both men, only occasionally letting his gaze wander to his left and down slightly…to the book Megan has found amongst Alan’s collectibles.

“That can’t be what I think it is…”

“It is.” Megan giggles to herself and continues to thumb through, stopping and going back a few times as her finger runs across the pages. “I never really sat down and read this thing. It’s actually really, really good!”

“What are you two looking at?” Alan calls from his chair as his eyes move between the TV screen and the others.

“THIS!” Landon laughs as he pulls the book from Megan’s hands and holds the cover for even the camera to see…The Book of Todd. “What in Todd’s name are you doing with this? You hate him!”

“…hateD. He’s gone now and I don’t have to worry about him anymore. If he came back I don’t know how I would feel. And anyway, that’s nothing but a paperweight, although I did look at a few passages here and there. Hell, most of what he preached I used to beat him.”

“He preached diving off a truck?” Todd calmly says, his eyes staying glued to the screen. Megan and Landon bust out laughing, and Alan just shrugs his shoulders.

“You know, this time last year I was dealing with a Todd and a Landon, just like now. Except this time we are actually tolerable of each other…”

“…and you didn’t lose any giant mouse dolls.”

The trio looks to Todd again, his odd interruptions causing more giggling from the former “Toddess”.

“Yeah, right. And here in about a month it’ll be the one year anniversary of you-know-what…”

“HEY!” Alan jumps from his seat and almost dives over his coffee table, but restrains himself and takes a deep breath. “THR-----“

“Don’t even say it!!” Landon is on his feet now, and Todd goes as well, his eyes still stuck on the screen as he stands, throwing up a hand in both directions. Two fingers on the left hand, three fingers on the right. Both Alan and Landon stare at each other.

“I could have broken your leg.” Landon mutters as he walks back to his seat, cocky as ever.

”Same to you, Triple Crown Landon.” Alan unleashes the sarcasm, and Landon spins back around.

”I’m a Double Champi—“

“So was I this time last year, man. But someone came and took them both. Let’s not see that happen again shall we?” Alan smirks as Megan pulls Landon back to his seat, trying hard to not put his fist through the face of his former bitter rival.

“Quiet, guys.” Todd blurts out.

“What the hell are you watching anyway?”

“Tapes.” Cortez answers as he turns the volume up on his remote, and through the static the voices of Alan Clark and Spike Jenkins can be heard.

“You teamed with that schmuck?”

“Once. Wait a minute...were you going through my--?"

“Over there…” Cortez points over his shoulder to a huge case, rows and rows of VHS tapes inside. Above, pictures of Alan as Bloodshed, The Apostle, and in full Disney garb hang are flanked by even more from Alan’s near year in the WF, all in perfect rows. A large picture, sitting on top of the case, shows Alan in the ring at SJL Season’s Grievings, on his knees and holding the SJL World Championship to his chest. “You did some crazy stuff, man.”

“So?”

“Ever since we got here I’ve popped random tapes in and out, and I can’t believe some of the stupid things you tried and actually pulled off…like that truck dive, and…” Todd is suddenly cut off by Landon, who has now turned his attention to the screen as well.

“Whatever happened to THAT Alan Clark anyway? The one that wanted to kill Thugg, wrestle in shopping malls, and even try to physically harm me of all people!?”

“TRY?”

“Shut up. You get the point. Where is he?”

“He’s in and out mostly. Got like nine jobs.” Alan’s joke falls on deaf ears. “He’s right here, and you know that. And if you don’t, well just wait.” He puts his finger to his temple and scowls, his expression a little off and his eyes showing signs of deep thought after Maddix's inquiry. After a few seconds, Alan sighs once more before standing and heading out of the room, passing behind the others.

“I’ll be back, I need to go check on something in the bus. I think I left something in there.” Landon and Todd nod their head as their eyes go back to the screen, watching Suicide King and Axis shill PepsiMax and SJL Wrathapalooza II.

To Be Continued....

Oh God. Alan Clark's Ninth Personality is about to come out to play. My prediction for this one is a Bruce Springsteen-loving Fisherman.