TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

24: Day 4 - The Thread

So I figured I would start up a thread for the much antipicated return of my (and several others here) favorite show on TV for a 4th season.

Just a reminder about the fact that theres a new timeslot (Mondays at 9pm) as well as the fact that the Season Premiere of 24 being considered a "2" day - "4" hour event, this Sunday and Monday from 8-10pm. Then the following Monday, 24 will be back in its regular timeslot for 20 straight weeks with no (planned) interuptions.

Luckily I have the Fox feed out of LA, so I can watch RAW and then watch 24 at Midnight, otherwise I would ditch the last hour of RAW without blinking.

Im sure everyone is familiar by now with the cast changes and stuff...otherwise I would recomend reading this article for a bit of an idea of what will be in store this season.

Im more excited for this season than I was for last season (the extra 3 months of buildup have helped up my anticipation). I dont exactly know about having 4 hours in 2 nights but it should be good.

It's been a long wait, but from what I can tell it will be worth it. Having no interuptions during the season is a huge plus so I guess all thats left is getting through this week so we can get the 4th season up and running.

I like how this season is looking already, just by the limited previews that are on the Season 3 set.

Could wind up being one of the better seasons, or it could be a rehash of the very, very bad season 2.

WARNING, MINOR SPOILERS!

An American-Islamic group has blasted the makers of Kiefer Sutherland's hit TV drama 24 after learning the first episode of the new season portrays a Muslim family as terrorists. Officials at the Council on American-Islamic Relations were made aware of the controversial episode after upset Muslims got hold of a promotional preview of the show, which airs next week. The council's spokeswoman Rabiah Ahmed says she's particularly disturbed by one scene, in which an American-Muslim teenager plots to kill Americans. She adds, "It casts a cloud of suspicion over every American Muslim family out there." Bosses at TV network Fox, who air the show, have yet to counter the comments.

- IMDB.com

...Man, how did they get a preview copy?

WARNING, MINOR SPOILERS!

An American-Islamic group has blasted the makers of Kiefer Sutherland's hit TV drama 24 after learning the first episode of the new season portrays a Muslim family as terrorists. Officials at the Council on American-Islamic Relations were made aware of the controversial episode after upset Muslims got hold of a promotional preview of the show, which airs next week. The council's spokeswoman Rabiah Ahmed says she's particularly disturbed by one scene, in which an American-Muslim teenager plots to kill Americans. She adds, "It casts a cloud of suspicion over every American Muslim family out there." Bosses at TV network Fox, who air the show, have yet to counter the comments.

- IMDB.com

LOL this is almost word for word what they said about Season 2

In kinda-sorta related news, Fox decided to put American Idol on "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?"-like overkill mode and it's airing M-W at 8pm. The good news, of course, is that 24 has a strong lead-in. The bad news is that if a backlash hits Idol 24, House and whatever is on Wednesdays may get caught in it's wake.

I still can't believe that there will be 4 hours of 24 in two nights.

Wasn't the original plan to have two hours on Sunday, then just one on Monday?

Guest drdrainoscott

Fox sent the first three episodes to my school newspaper to review three weeks ago or so. The editor of the paper is frat brothers with my friend so I've seen the first three hours. Let me just say, you won't be disapointed.

Guest drdrainoscott

Ok, to prove I'm not fibbing, here is what happens in the first three episodes...

Actually, I bet I would get slaughtered if I spoiled anything. I will say this though, which will prove I'm telling the truth and not fibbing while not giving away anything of substance, during the third hour, there is a scene at a gas station.

There is no way I could have guessed that if I didn't see it (actually, I havn't checked, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the first few episodes being torrented somewhere, as previews of shows are almost always leaked).

What you could do, is use the spoiler tags, then we will find out if your fibbing.

I really don't care, I'm just saying.

Plus they have to finish 4 episodes so they can end in May.

Since ending a show in June is against the law or something.