TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Evenflow4:20

Anyone going to pick up Chainfire?

Guest Evenflow4:20

I don't know myself, I hated Naked Empire and the series isn't as good as I rember it. Besides I'm reading the first book of the "Song of Fire and Ice" series by George R.R. Martin now, awesome writing and story telling. Anyway if you picked it up how is it?

Is this the sword of truth series? If so, hell no.

I might be interested in some Goodkind stuff, but that series went downhill quicker than any other (besides maybe Ender) as he immediately started stretching out a popular series and making it crappy. (as opposed to, say, Robert Jordan who started stretching it out with the fourth book)

Song of Ice and Fire just gets better the more you read into it. Definitely best fantasy series currently going that I know of. It too was originally planned originally as 3 or 4 books, so he's really taking his time to get all the plot into place before going ahead with it. I want the fourth book badly, but I'll wait for it to be done right.

I'm in agreement that The Sword of Truth was a finished tale in the third book. But I'm not sure if its Goodkind actually making the call on piddling away the series or his publisher, since he seemed to have finished it with the third book and then "boom" it was on again... Although Jordan was most likely himself, whom I think we can agree is a greedy and smart bastard for his series (let the series die out, bring out new book, have hordes of people flock in).

Although after Chainfire, the series ends in 3 more books (can't remember if Chainfire is apart of that 3 or not). So I might just pick it up so I can have my set of books completed.

Anyone have any idea when Jordan's finally going to finish Wheel of Time?

Because as I've mentioned before, I simply refuse to start reading it until it's all published. I'm not waiting years between books just because Jordan's too lazy (or greedy) to finish writing the series.

Anyone have any idea when Jordan's finally going to finish Wheel of Time?

Because as I've mentioned before, I simply refuse to start reading it until it's all published. I'm not waiting years between books just because Jordan's too lazy (or greedy) to finish writing the series.

As I said, Jordan waits till his series fans out so that he rakes in the cash. Apparently he's got about 5+ left in the series (as there's still a LOT of shit to get through now), so I don't know exactly when that timeframe is. Give about 10-15 years if he doesn't actually get off his ass to finish them.

However, we've now deviated off topic, so I shall restore the topic by getting back on it.

As for myself getting Chainfire, I don't think so. I'd rather get a series I'm not disappointed in and hasn't piddled itself away.

^

A good series is the Coldfire Trilogy, C.S. Friedman.

Great, something I've never heard of. Definitely will be much better than this crude.

B-) And I'm being totally serious.

Considering I still see the almost same amount of Chainfire books in my local bookstore (and Edmonton is a hotbed for fantasy/manga) that's not a good sign on how well the book is.

And yes, I asked how it was selling. Not well, which definitely sunk whatever hope I had left for the series.