TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iliketurtles

CSI: Las Vegas

I've watched CSI off and on for the past two years...mostly because I started following it when it was on after Raw in late 2002. I'd say in the past four or five months, I've really started to follow and understand what's been going on the entire five years the show has been on the air watching repeats on SpikeTV and also CSI: Weekends. I just spoiled myself last week and bought the Season Two DVD Boxset for 50 bucks (used)...I'm almost finished with it and absoutely love it. I'm looking on EBay now to buy Season 3, then more than likely 4. I've seen the majority of 1 because of the repeats on TV and it doesn't seem as interesting as it is now. I watched the new episode last night on CBS with the Sherlock Holmes deal...certainly intresting to see how the characters have evolved from 2000 to 2005, and their positioning on the show.

I haven't seen a thread about CSI here for a while but I just wanted your thoughts and opinions on the above questions. The episode that really caught my attention was "Ellie" with Warrick in charge of the CSI division, as well as Brass having a major personal part of his character...it just felt like this episode was monumental and had a purpose.

I think Brass is great. South Bostonian (who plays from Jersey) that takes no crap and Paul Guilfoyle is an awesome actor. I don't think there's one person that doesn't like Grissiom...William Petersen plays a CSI like he was meant to be. Same with the Robert David Hall.

And by the way, I'm not talking about the ripoffs. I'm talking about CSI: Las Vegas.

Any contribution to the thread is appreciated.

Favorite Episode was the man being charged for his ex-convict brothers double homicide/robbery. The real murderer won't confess, and the end of episode the man kills himself in jail.

Favorite Character. Easily Gil Grissom. A science geek through and through.

Guest sek69

What's great about Grissom is that he's not so much self-confident as he is confident that the science will find the bad guy every time.

I mark out when he confronts a suspect that doesn't want to cooperate and Grissom just no-sells the attitude because he knows the guy's going to get owned by the forensics.

I love all the main characters, but Gil is one of my all-time favourite characters, so he wins hands-down. The witty phrases, his beliefs (or lackthereof), the calm demeanor (which makes it AWESOME to see him freak out), and the fact that he has sexual tension with EVERYONE... just fantastic. One of my favourite scenes in the series is when -after the deaths of two teenagers- Grissom goes on a rollercoaster to "let go". The music is amazing and his expression never changes. I hope he kills Eckley one day and does it so flawlessly that they never find him. A Grissom heel turn into a serial killer would be awesome.

There were a series of episodes which "hooked" me, there was the episode with the model who was found in the shopping cart (it had Badger from Firefly as a photographer in it), an episode with an old lady and cats, and some other ones which I forget at the moment. My favourite episodes would probably be "Butterfly", which is the one where a victim looks like Sara and Grissom reveals his true feelings (unknowingly) to Sara. I have Season 4 on DVD, and it's probably my favourite season. The Paul Milander episodes were great as well.

"Butterflied" was actually on SpikeTV last night, and I watched it somewhat and it was good.

I just watched "Stalker" and hoooooooly shit. That was awesome. Probably rank that up there as one of the best I've seen. I was GLUED watching it just a few minutes ago on DVD...that was one of the best written episodes I've ever seen. I was sitting there thinking "This is a better than most movies I've seen in the theatres."

Just unbelivable stuff...I highly suggest anyone to see this episode if you want to get hooked to this show.

I watched "Cross-Jurisdictions" and despite my total lack of interest for CSI: Miami, I thought it was rather brilliant about how they debuted all the characters on this episode to start that new show by having a case that involved both cities. Though I haven't watched CSI: Miami before, I thought it was cool how they showed the clash of styles the two investigation units have. CSI: Miami has the newer, savvy technology with more of a street smart sense to all their members while CSI: Las Vegas is much more of a thinking, intellectual, deep thinking group of people.

It would be pimp to ride around in one of those Hummers for your work, however.

I watched "Ellie" last night on CBS late night CSI: weekends. It'll replay again tonight as that is how they seem to do it.

I believe that was the one were a young nurse and her doctor boyfriend were murdered in her house. Grissom takes very special interest in this case when he sees the victim looks just like Sara. The girl turned out to have been with alot of guys (mostly doctors) She collected gifts from all her suitors (all were some sort of butterfly item, since she loved them) In the end, they don't have enough evidence to get the older doctor who killed them both, however Grissom gives a speech to the guy to show he knows what this guy is thinking. The speech was about finding the right girl who can give them the world, but they choose their jobs over the girl; or at least Grissom did. He goes on to say the doctor choose the girl, but she didn't choose him and he lost everything. We see Grissom sitting in the room with Sara watching and listening through the two-way window.

Well, I just finished the 2nd season on DVD...great stuff, thought the last episode was blah but it was certainly interesting to see them foreshadow the entire season about Grissiom's earing problems...I highly suggest this DVD box set to anyone looking to get into this show.

I won the 3rd season on EBay so I've got that to look forward next...yee haw.

So Gil had feeling for Sara... interesting, never saw that episode...

And I still think Warrick and Catherine are gonna get together somehow during this season. They keep hinting at something...

Sara was sprung on Gil. Gil had feelings for her, but loved his job more so he turned her advances down. They have had and probably will continue playing their sexual frustration throughout the course of the show.

CSI: Las Vegas? Where the hell are you all watching this at? All I've seen is CSI, CSI: Miami, and CSI: New York. Unless the orginal takes place in Vegas; I've never payed that close attention the few times i've watched it.

Fave Season: 3

Character: Grissom and Katherine

Episode: Either the Lady Heather Episodes or the Furrie episode from Season four

Marg Helgenberger is a MILF!

Favorite Episode: CHAOS THEORY. Bar None. That one rules. For reference, it's about a girl turning up missing and eventually being found in the trash.

Honorable mentions go to the Milander episodes, the gambling teens/death at the neon graveyard, and the one with the guy accidentally burning his house down.

Oh, and fuck...I just remembered...the one with the five deaths in the cafe/restaurant.

Favorite Character: Greg. Can't even explain why I like the guy. He's smart and off the wall. And that's great.

Season: 2 or 3... they are my favorites.

Also, the one with the old lady and the cats freaks me the fuck out. Thanks for making me remember that, RRR.