TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Failed Mascot

Jets vs Chargers AFC WildCard Game 1

The only question I have is will the actual San Diego Chargers be there or will it be this odd alien clone that has been playing as San Diego all season?

Guest The Shadow Behind You

AIM CHATROOM

tsmplayoffchat

invite yourself.

The Jets have been well above expectations this year, so I'm going to remain optomistic until the end, but I do think Abraham being out's pretty big. When you're going against LaDanain Tomlinson, and a QB who still might make mistakes under pressure, you kind of want to have the anchor of your D-line in the game.

Guest Failed Mascot

and the Jets move down the field relatively easily only to miss the FG.

That was some bullshit on that Chargers' "touchdown." By the time he had possession, both feet were clearly off the ground. I don't know if it's homefield or what, but that should definitely have been an incompletion.

Guest Vitamin X
That was some bullshit on that Chargers' "touchdown." By the time he had possession, both feet were clearly off the ground. I don't know if it's homefield or what, but that should definitely have been an incompletion.

No, that was totally and utterly a touchdown. In fact, it reminded me of how much I dislike the misuse of the instant replay system in which referees are purposely calling close calls incomplete so they can be challenged, which kind of defeats the purpose of improving the officiating. But anyways, you can't argue the possession rule unless it was unclear if he had been holding on to the ball or not when he was going out of bounds, which he clearly was, the challenge was made on if he got two feet in bounds, which he also obviously did.

This game's reminding me how much I hate Al Michaels and John Madden. They'll make at least four or five comments that are remarkably stupid for every one they make that's moderately intelligent.

Madden yeah its every other sentence but Al is a) trying to control John b) hasn't said one stupid thing tonight.

Madden yeah its every other sentence but Al is a) trying to control John b) hasn't said one stupid thing tonight.

I included Michaels because I posted it right after the booth review where they froze the play twice showing the ball on the ground, and while it was frozen, he said something like, well at first glance it appears that it might be an incompletion.

I will definitely agree that Madden is the primary offender, though.

Hells yeah! Santana up top for 6.

The Jets really are a lot better team than anybody gives them credit for. They do a ball-control thing, kinda like the Steelers, but they can still score when they need to, and their defense is tremendous.

They're not quite as good as the Steelers or Pats right now, but they're more complete than the Chargers or Colts, and there's no reason that they couldn't make the Super Bowl with a couple lucky breaks.

J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!

Guest Failed Mascot

and a FG makes it a 10 point lead for the Jets. They have a good shot of pulling this one out.

Huge FG there, clanging in off the upright.

The way the defense has been playing, and the way the Jet offense has been controlling the ball, I really don't think San Diego can come back from down two possessions. Looks to me like the Jets will be heading to Pittsburgh next week for a date with the Steelers.

Unless the Broncos win. Then the Jets head to New England.

Like I said, looks like the Jets will be headed to Pittsburgh.

And actually, even if the miracle happened, I think someone on here said that with the four division system, two teams from the same division can't play in the 2nd round. I don't know if it's true or not, but I did see it posted.

Guest Failed Mascot
Does anyone think the Broncos will win?

I think they could. The Colts defense gives up over 24 points a game. If the Broncos can hold Manning and company to a FG every now and again then its very possible.

Anything can happen.

It's too early to say this one's definitively over, but when the other team leaves 10 players on the field twice in a row, and you still can't convert in the red zone, things aren't looking good for you.

12 men on the field?!

That's awesome, and at the same time, absolutely hilarious. The Chargers are fucking idiots and we're reaping all the benefits.