TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Failed Mascot

Celtics could hold firesale soon

Guest Failed Mascot

Watching New England Sports Tonight on FSN they were talking to Cedric Maxwell. Maxwell of course is a former Celtic, but besides that he now covers the games on the radio and he's always traveling with the team.

Evidently Paul Pierce isn't a happy camper at all. After Rivers benched him in the Bulls game he told the Boston Herald something along the lines of "If they don't think I can play defense then they might as well just keep benching me.". Pierce could be traded as he and Rivers are evidently not on the same page and Pierce doesn't believe in his system.

Gary Payton is another player that could be shipped out soon. If a contender comes calling for him at the deadline then he'll be gone as well. The Celts could get a couple picks for him as he's in the final year of his contract.

They're also apparently very upset with the efforts of Raef LaFrentz and Marc Blount.

The contract they gave Blount is insanely bad...only real terrible move Ainge has made thus far.

If I had it my way I would like to see them start all the young guys and trade Pierce and Payton. Get a high lottery pick and sign some solid FA's with the money they free up in the offseason.

PG: Banks, West

SG: Davis, Allen

SF: Reed, WALTAH~!!~!~

PF: Jefferson, Perkins

C: Duncan

I'd trade the rest of the team (Pierce, Payton, Welsch, Steward, LaFrentz, Gugliotta, Blount...I don't care.)

Guest Failed Mascot

I'd send Blount to Minn for Sprewell and their #1 pick in 06. T-Wolves don't get a first rounder this year cause of the whole tampering thing from years back. Sprewell's contract is up after this year so you free up money or even trade him to another team for another pick. T-Wolves were interested in Blount too during the off-season.

Send Pierce to Dallas for Michael Finley and Josh Howard.

Celtics should exile Pierce and Peyton to New Orleans, Atlanta, or Clippers for complaining. Maybe Ainge should try to trade for Foyle, Ratliff, Adul-Rahim, Miles.

The Blount contract was incredibly bad, paying big money to a marginal role player, and he hasn't done jack shit to prove that he's worth it. The Celtics are -2.7 when he's on the court this season, and +4.9 when he's on the bench, you do the math.

C's have some good young players and, contrary to what Pierce thinks, a good run n' gun system in place. The problem is that Pierce is more of a halfcourt player, and he exerts so much energy on his moves to the basket and getting open in the halfcourt that he's not down with running up and down the court all night. It's not really surprising that he wants to play more downtempo ball, he's probably set in his routine, especially because he's been successful with his game and established stars like that often have trouble adjusting and playing a different style.

Payton gets shipped out, he was there to mentor Banks/Allen/West in the short-term, if a playoff contender wants him they'll get him. Paul Pierce should never be traded, but if they have to do it they need to get another playmaking all-star in return. If they go and trade for Tyson Chandler and assorted scrubs Boston fans will go apeshit.

If they go and trade for Tyson Chandler and assorted scrubs Boston fans will go apeshit.

While I'm personally not a big hoops fan, most of my friends are, and for the most part they'd rather see the Celts trade Pierce. He's not the player that he once was, and worse than that he doesn't seem to realize it. Too many times he forces a bad shot rather than move the ball to a more open player.

As long as they keep Ricky, I'm happy.