TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Taker666

SmackDown! beats Raw

"Fast numbers for Smackdown has the show doing a 3.7 rating. The overnight rating was a 4.1"

Well it looks like the better brand won again.

At least the numbers are finally showing that SD! has been the better show latly.

Guest LooneyTune

I thought Raw did a 3.8 or 3.9... (goes to check)

- WWE RAW did a 3.8 rating this week off hours of 3.7 and 3.8. That is up from a 3.4 last week.

I see we have been Truman'ed (the newspaper about the winner of a presidential election being printed before the actual talley and being wrong)

I'm REALLY interested in what Taker thinks makes SD the better show.

I think a point in broadcast ratings = 1 million viewers while 1 point in cable = 800,000 or so.

I'm REALLY interested in what Taker thinks makes SD the better show. 

Well, first off. Triple H winning the World title again didn't help. being really bored with Orton's push, crappy Tag Team Division. Raw isn't overall bad sence I have been enjoying Raw latly. but theres just more on SD! I enjoyed alot more than Raw. No one on SD! bores me as much as Orton and Triple H does. they have a much better Tag Team Division, and despite the lack of push, I enjoy the cruiserweight division more. and overall, I just enjoy the guys on SD! more than the Raw roster. and SD! has been putting on some better wrestling matches latly. also, because of the Undertaker. I've always been a big fan of his and always enjoy when ever he comes on.(so I'am a taker fan, BAN ME!!)

Yeah, I know. Raw has to be the better show because Benoit and Jericho are on it. but I just happen to enjoy SmackDown! more than Raw.

Guest LooneyTune

RAW Tag Division: Nothing

Smackdown Tag Division: The Dudleyz, The Bashams, Reigns & Jindrak, Kenzo & Dupree

I'd rather have nothing than what Smackdown is serving. Thats the only point you made, so I won't go any further.

No, it's not that Benoit and Jericho are on RAW, it's that RAW doesn't submarine the second half of their show with Bischoff saying "Oh no, someone kidnapped Christy!!!" "Did you do it, HHH?" *Commercial* "Did YOU do it, Batista?" *Commercial* "I swear HHH, if you did it, you'll be in SO much trouble!!!"

Guest LooneyTune
People like kidnapping angles.

I have three words for this... "Where to, Stephanie?"

Meltzer said to add about .5 to Smackdown's score and you have a basic cable rating translation.

Smackdown got a 3.7, so add 0.5 to that, and it would have scored a 4.2 on basic cable.

Scary.

Um, TNN's cable ratings are different than what UPN's rating measure.

We've known that for years.

This means nothing.

Different amounts of households are measured.

Smackdown! was awful this week.

Raw was not good, but much better.

You are stupid. Seriously. Get your facts straight.

Guest Trivia247

For some reason my psychie has me set to always watch Raw in the order of my day. However I tend to Miss Smackdown alot.

its probably because I been watching the WWE/WWF since back in the Prime time wrestling, Wrestling Challenge, All American Wrestling, WWF Superstars, Saturday Night main event Era.

Guest hhheld_down

RAW will soon be the better brand, seems like they take turns every couple of months. i dont watch SD! all that often cause its not on till later which kinda sucks

Guest LooneyTune

The only people who find Smackdown good are people who enjoy watching the Bashams and Orlando Jordan pushed ahead of wrestlers with actual talent.

The only people who find Smackdown good are people who enjoy watching the Bashams and Orlando Jordan pushed ahead of wrestlers with actual talent.

You mean like Eddie...or Rey..? Who are actually getting pushed. And like Funaki (well, most smarks seem to love him) etc. What's going on with Orlando..can't even being considered a push, seeing as he hasn't had a match since he had a bald head. (He has been in a few like handicap/tag matches with JBL I think, but he didn't really do anything). And the Bashams JUST got the tag titles back...after doing nothing for a while..so not really like they've been getting a big push. Before that it was RVD and Rey. IWC favorite..at least before the politic topics came up, Kurt Angle, is in the amidst of a push. Just so happens two random divas...(I happen to think Amy's doing a nice job, and as I've seen someone say before..the tiarra's a nice touch..) are at the top too, but hey, it's not like that's the only thing happening on the show.

So, whether RAw's better or not..I don't really believe that arguement holds up.

(BTW, I enjoy RAW more, >_>)

Amy and Joy are in the traditional valet roles and they do them well. Amy works extremely well with the JBL stable and JBL is actually 100 times more entertaining as champion than anyone RAW is shoveling.

Is JBL a good worker? Not really, but neither is Triple H anymore.

And Smackdown has a very solid tag division, the Bashams have become tolerable since becoming part of 'Money Inc 2004' and actually LOOK the part of a tag team.

Plus Smackdown has light weight action and it's been rather solid as well. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm more interested in what Smackdown has been showing than RAW. Other than Batista, RAW has been a dead weight for a few months with the Orton chase.

I'll take JBL and his stable dominating a program over the drawn out boring Evolution promos on RAW. And all Orlando Jordan really does is Virgil his way around the show.

Guest LooneyTune

Eddie/Rey having pointless matches every week (Where Eddie continues to job... to a friggin' midget) doesn't really make me scream for joy. Angle's hometown challenge is waste of time every week. The main stable on Smackdown comprises of JBL, Orlando Jordan, and the Bashams (please shoot me). Countless half-assed attempts to get as many whores off the street on T.V. as possible. The cruiserweights are either jobbed out against the "more important wrestlers" (a.k.a anyone over 229 lbs.) and stuck in Velocity hell.

JBL is the worst booked champion since Chris Jericho. Is it illegal for him to actually beat anyone clean? John Cena is US Champion for the 1085th time this year, does shit in the ring, relies on the same shitty promos, and has the most horrible looking belt since... the old US Title. The Tag Division is either thrown together messes or teams that outright either are boring as hell (Bashams) or as stale as a 60 year old loaf of bread (Dudleys).

Must I go on about how horrible Smackdown still is?

Guest TheLastBoyscout
already checked, Raw got 3.8.

hmm, could of swarn it was a 3.5 or a 3.6.

still doesn't change the fact that SD! is the better show.

But you're still wrong.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I really wish they would make Smackdown live...having it pre-taped makes it seem like the B-show it is, where it should be viewed as RAW's equal. I know the costs probably make it prohibitive right now, but I think it would make the shows come off better. I know it shouldn't be a big difference if a show is live or taped, but it seems like WWE has always done a much better job with their live shows than with the pre-taped ones. The live ones have more of an exciting feel, where the tape shows never seem that way.

Also, I think one reason why Smackdown is ahead of RAW is the fact that people are sick of Triple H...RAW has no top face to challenge him, and people are probably mad he won the Elimination Chamber match yet again...

I don't mind Trips as much as some people here, but he is beyond stale and hasn't been in any decent angles since Orton first left Evolution (and even that is debatable given the execution). I really think that is why people are migrating away from RAW.

Guest Fook_Theta

These numbers don't mean what you think it means, because Smackdown!'s ratings get trumped up by atleast one group. That group being the mexicans/latin folks. There's a theory which I think could be possible that they also get a few thousand extra viewers because Smackdown has that WCW feel more than Raw. This would explain in a small part where the WCW crowd went to after it went to the bankruptcy court.

Raw is currently the better brand overall. Last year or so, Smackdown was the better brand overall for the WORKRATE folks. Now Velocity is a better show to watch than Smackdown, where you get good action with clipped shorts of the good parts of a feud. This is entirely because the production crew are so damn good at what they do.

Guest LooneyTune
Whoever said Eddie is being pushed needs their head examined.

How do people define "push"? Jobbing THREE TIMES to Rey Mysterio, who's been made a bitch by cruiserweights... I can't even continue, it's just so wrong. I don't care if they are "upsets", it's three fucking times in a row. For a recent World Champion, Eddie Guerrero is being treated like a Cruiserweight.

How do people define "push"? Jobbing THREE TIMES to Rey Mysterio, who's been made a bitch by cruiserweights... I can't even continue, it's just so wrong. I don't care if they are "upsets", it's three fucking times in a row. For a recent World Champion, Eddie Guerrero is being treated like a Cruiserweight.

Maybe if it was someone like Nunzio,Charlie Haas, Holly, or Shannon Moore, people with no direction and who the fans don't give two shits about. than yeah, its time to worry.

But were talking about Rey Mysterio here, one of the most over superstars on SD! and a fan favorite, and someone who has somewhat of a bond with Eddie. Eddie has always been getting away with "Lie,Cheating,stealing" in his matches, but these mysterio wins were from him outsmarting eddie and beating him in his own game. this is actually a decent little story they got here. Its not like Eddie is jobbing to some random velocity jobber and not doing anything with him. This is definlly a classic case for over analyzing something way to much. in a couple of month from now, no one isn't gonna give a shit anyways. besides, these Eddie/Mysterio matches have been great. and thats all I care about.

Guest LooneyTune

Rey Mysterio was squashed by every main event heel in the last year. It makes Eddie look bad losing to him clean multiple times in a row.

Whoever said Eddie is being pushed needs their head examined.

I consider being pushed, as being on the damn show. Seriously. Paul London, now he, is not getting a push. Charlie Haas, he is not getting a push. Eddie Guerrero, he is getting a push. He is still recognized as one of the top Smackdown superstars, whether he loses to Rey or not. Same thing with Undertaker. He's been sort of, getting his ass kicked in this Heidenreich feud, until recently, but is he, or is he not getting a push? You don't have to be World Champ, to be considered as getting a push. hell, you don't even have to be winning.