TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

What's wrong with...

What's wrong with the Timberwolves? They've gotten to the point they find ways to lose. As good KG is, teams are know starting to double-triple team him, and forcing the other players to step up, and they haven't. Again, I ask what is wrong with the Timberwolves?

Latrell and Cassell are both 35+, and they get 0 production from the center position. As good of an offensive player Wally is, he kills the team by playing zero defense because Sprewell has to defend the opposition's best swingman, and it tires him on offense. They'll still make it into the playoffs though.

They've done the whole homefield thing once now, realize it's meaningless, and have decided that getting a 6 or 7 seed this year's good enough.

Really, the NBA's all about motivation in the regular season. I don't know if it's the guaranteed money, or the fact that defense doesn't show up in the stat sheet, but if they don't care they just won't play well.

Home court, not home field. And really, the Wolves befuddle me. I've been a huge fan since they drafted KG in 1995, and I've watched them go from one of the sorriest franchises in the league to a playoff team, then 7 straight years of heartbreaking eliminations in the first round, until they finally finished last year with the best record in the West and fell 2 wins shy of the NBA Finals.

They have essentially the same team as last year, but shit's just not coming together. It's really depressing, but they will make the playoffs and hopefully they can pull everything together by that point and make a run.

If they're on their game come playoff time, I feel that very few teams have a shot at beating them.

Latrell and Cassell are both 35+, and they get 0 production from the center position. As good of an offensive player Wally is, he kills the team by playing zero defense because Sprewell has to defend the opposition's best swingman, and it tires him on offense. They'll still make it into the playoffs though.

I agree with this assessment. Cassell and Sprewell are aging, and Sprewell was horifically overrated to begin with. Olowokandi was hugely overrated as well. They should improve, but they are no longer the threat they were last season.

Last season was their only chance with the line-up they have. It was built to win an NBA title in year one, not year three. Next year they will literally be back to square one.

Home court, not home field. And really, the Wolves befuddle me. I've been a huge fan since they drafted KG in 1995, and I've watched them go from one of the sorriest franchises in the league to a playoff team, then 7 straight years of heartbreaking eliminations in the first round, until they finally finished last year with the best record in the West and fell 2 wins shy of the NBA Finals.

They have essentially the same team as last year, but shit's just not coming together. It's really depressing, but they will make the playoffs and hopefully they can pull everything together by that point and make a run.

If they're on their game come playoff time, I feel that very few teams have a shot at beating them.

whatever

Hop off the T-Wolves bandwagon and get back to liking the Bulls full-time. They have a better shot of making the playoffs than Minnesota.

Watching as a Knicks fan, I could tell you Latrell is tremendously overrated. He's the definition of a streak shooter, one game he can't miss and the next he goes 6-24. He doesn't get to the line that much (especially as someone tauted as a great player) and his defense is inconsistent. The media I think started to overrate him a bit when he had that good series against the Spurs in the 99 Finals.

whatever

Hop off the T-Wolves bandwagon and get back to liking the Bulls full-time. They have a better shot of making the playoffs than Minnesota.

Actually, I'm not a bandwagon fan. I always liked the Bulls since I grew up in Illinois, but in 5th or 6th grade, I wanted to be different and the T-Wolves had a few players I liked and they had just drafted Garnett, so I declared my allegiance to Minnesota and bought a Wolves hat and Garnett jersey. I continued watching them and they're still my favorite team to this day.

I've still been a Bulls fan for the last 13 years or so as well... But they're my #2 team. People made fun of me for liking the Wolevs when they sucked, and now I get accused of being a bandwagon fan when they're good. Same with the Bulls... I'll probably be called a bandwagon guy if they end up making the playoffs this year.

if you weren't serious, then never mind... It just frustrates me since people have seriously made those accusations before. Bleh.

I don't think Spree and Cassell are fully committed since their contract extensions are still pending. They need to realize that they have maxed out how much they'll ever make per year, but if they bust ass and go deeper into the playoffs, they can make it harder for Minnesota to part with them.

whatever

Actually, I'm not a bandwagon fan. I always liked the Bulls since I grew up in Illinois, but in 5th or 6th grade, I wanted to be different and the T-Wolves had a few players I liked and they had just drafted Garnett, so I declared my allegiance to Minnesota and bought a Wolves hat and Garnett jersey. I continued watching them and they're still my favorite team to this day.

I've still been a Bulls fan for the last 13 years or so as well... But they're my #2 team. People made fun of me for liking the Wolevs when they sucked, and now I get accused of being a bandwagon fan when they're good. Same with the Bulls... I'll probably be called a bandwagon guy if they end up making the playoffs this year.

if you weren't serious, then never mind... It just frustrates me since people have seriously made those accusations before. Bleh.

I was half-kidding. But I seriously think the Bulls get in and the Wolves don't

I hope they both get in, but the only reason the Bulls have a better shot is because they're in the East where teams can get in with losing records and, of course, Chicago has an easier schedule.

It's great that the Bulls are finally starting to realize their potential, though, after 6 straight losing seasons.

Guest Vitamin X
whatever

I was half-kidding. But I seriously think the Bulls get in and the Wolves don't

Observe his sig. He also likes not only one pair of regional rivals, but two! Cubs and White Sox AND the Dodgers and Angels?!

No way. No no no no no no no. You can't be both a Dodger and Angel fan. I don't care if one plays in the NL and the other in the AL.