TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

The OAO Ashlee Simpson Show Thread

Guest netslob

and the fact they're blithering idiots may also be a factor.

My point is the media reacts to stuff like the snl debacle or the brad/jen split as if its bigger news than anything else, especially when we are losing young men and women every day.

I just am sick with our obssesion with celebrities that's all And sick of every quasi famous person getting their own reality show.

amen, brother...TESTIFY!

My point is the media reacts to stuff like the snl debacle or the brad/jen split as if its bigger news than anything else, especially when we are losing young men and women every day.

I just am sick with our obssesion with celebrities that's all And sick of every quasi famous person getting their own reality show.

amen, brother...TESTIFY!

Yea, let's all focus on dead men and women. Instead of stuff, that makes of laugh (whether it be entertained, or WTF, or haha..whatever) or that's fairly interesting, in a light hearted way.

That's like if your mom dies. And your sister has a baby. (not at the same time) You at the hospital shouting 'OMG HOW CAN YOU BE HAPPY OUR MOM IS DEAD@!!!'

Im not saying we shouldnt be entertained thats fine. I was just inserting a political comment into a thread about a tv show, I probably shouldnt have but thats how I was feeling at the time. I apologize for that. But I stand by my opinions.

Even without war, I still cant stand the celebrity obssesed culture we live in.

Lets discuss that aspect. Idiot celebrites getting tv shows for no apparant reason

Discuss amongst yourselves :bonk:

and actually comparing Jessica Simpson to Dubya would be a better analogy lol

Sorry I just had to say it.

"You just gotta love a president who always looks like hes staring directly into the sun"

-Comedian Frank Caliendo of Madtv during his comedy central presents special aired last night as part of the all day stand up showdown on Comedy Central

Crucify me if you want, but I think that Ashlee is pretty damn hot. She dresses like a retard, but when she's dressed normally on her show she's gorgeous.

AshleeHott1.jpg

Idiots.

It's sad how people like Witty always find the worst possible picture to demonstrate that someone is "unattractive" when they look good in most other pictures. It's not just Ashlee, either. This is done in regards to a lot of women.

I'd like to see a picture of Witty's wife for comparison purposes.

I saw that argument coming from a mile a way. It is valid, but I judge one's beauty by how they look at their "worst" not their best. Anybody can look good with some dolled up.

And you don't know people like me. Hell, you don't even know me. I'm not trying to be a hard ass, but that was really retarded.

My wife isn't some ugly hack who MTV-ites try to pass off as being hot and talented. She has nothing to do with this. At all. I believe Ashlee is ugly. That's my opinion. I just happen to feel that anyone who believes Ashley is good looking is a moron. I feel that strongly about her nastiness.

I see your point, but I'd wager that 99% of the planet's population would not be classified as anything close to "beautiful" when they are looking their worst.

Then again, beauty is completely subjective and opinion-based anyway, so what may be gorgeous to one person could be utterly disgusting to another. This thread is just one of many examples that support that.

I just saw your edit. I'm not sure what you're getting at there, and I did not act "retarded" in any way.

No, I don't know you, but it seems like that's the course of action people take when trying to demonstrate that someone is "unattractive."

I'm assuming your avatar is a "good" picture of her. I don't think that's hot. I would like to be as fair as possible here. I found a picture of her that isn't so bad:

1078347-Full1.jpg

Still not my cup of tea.

Agree to disagree.

As far as you acting retarded, I suppose that was a bad choice of words. I'm not implying that you're mentally handicapped, I just thought you were being a bit dramatic.

My avatar's not the best picture of her. I just like the pose and the little Lisa Frank style heart design. I know that sounds gay, but it's true. The Cosmo pic is great, though. It's one of my favorites.

If you still don't think she looks good, that's perfectly fine. I have no problem agreeing to disagree, As I said, it all comes down to personal preference in the end. It was simply your original approach that was off-putting to me.

I didn't see your additional edit until just now, but I'll ignore that since we've seemingly moved past that and I really don't want this thread to turn into basically what every other thread about Ashlee turns into.

Guest news_gimmick

Ugh, I accidently had this on in the background tonight, while doing some work I brought home, and lord what a waste of time and energy this whole show is. I just cannot find the words to describe how bad this show is, it really is the worst of the reality shows I've seen in a while.

Guest netslob

amen, brother...TESTIFY!

Yea, let's all focus on dead men and women. Instead of stuff, that makes of laugh (whether it be entertained, or WTF, or haha..whatever) or that's fairly interesting, in a light hearted way.

That's like if your mom dies. And your sister has a baby. (not at the same time) You at the hospital shouting 'OMG HOW CAN YOU BE HAPPY OUR MOM IS DEAD@!!!'

that's not what i meant. i was only agreeing about our country's obsession with fame. i guess i should've been more clear.

and for the record, i don't have a sister.

as for Ashlee's attractiveness (or lack thereof), i personally think she is quite beautiful. at times, i thought she was even better-looking then her sister. obviously others disagree. that's ok. most of the women i personally find attractive, the average man does not. it's all relative. doesn't make you wrong or right. it's just your opinion. some people are just less tolerant of other people's opinions then others. if they can't handle that, fuck them.

as for the show itself, i don't even need to watch it to know it's shit. alot of these celeb-reality shows are. they're basically 1/2 hour or hour long commercials trying to sell the celebs themselves. it's all just fluff to try and show how these people are "just like you or me", only with much, much more money and millions of fans. and predictably, they fall flat (for me, anyway). the only reality shows i watch are "Surreal Life" and "Celebrity Fit Club", because they are, for the most part, NOT commericals for the stars involved. hell, i haven't even heard of half these people. it's obvious they're only doing it because they can't get work elsewhere. that's why it's entertaining, they're actually, y'know, TRYING. and besides, the shows are funny. especially Chyna and Daniel Baldwin making asses of themselves. :lol:

and for the record, Witty's wife is a Goddess.

Her saying she's "worked so hard" for her success made me laugh, and made me angry at the same time. Joe Simpson arranged her to have her very own show to promote her crap. It isn't like she's been struggling for 6 years, playing dingy clubs and bars before breaking big. She was handed success on a silver platter thanks to MTV, and she's managed to fuck it up. She's a puppet, a fraud.

She wasn't handed success. She was handed opportunity. She had all the doors opened for her, but she had to have the talent to back it up. Obviously, at least several million people think she has that talent, although many think otherwise as well.

Again, someone makes a fool of himself by claiming that she monly sounds good after editing when they've never heard her sing live.

I mean, come on... That's true in some cases, but making comments about anything when you really have no knowledge of what you're talking about is asinine.

It's nothing personal against you, though.

So you're saying everyone who has ever broken it big has been a great singer?

It's pretty obvious Ashlee is a piece of shit singer. She's proven that.

You can make anyone sound good with the right production.

No, a lot of people have made it big and are still shitty singers. But whether someone is good or not is a matter of opinion, so this whole argument is kind of pointless anyway.

I'm just saying that Ashlee sounds nearly as good as she does on the record during 99% of her performances that I have seen. She's not some atrocious vocalist who was made presentable due solely to technology.

The episode with the SNL debacle has begun...... and apparently no one's around to comment on it despite that part being the only thing that people here wanted to see. Hmm.

I saw the episode and must say that the raspy voice cop-out was lame.

No, a lot of people have made it big and are still shitty singers. But whether someone is good or not is a matter of opinion, so this whole argument is kind of pointless anyway.

I'm just saying that Ashlee sounds nearly as good as she does on the record during 99% of her performances that I have seen. She's not some atrocious vocalist who was made presentable due solely to technology.

No, she's just some atrocious vocalist who was made presentable due solely to technology, MTV and being related to Jessica Simpson.

Kotz just made this thread.

I initially didn't care too much about Matt's defending of Ashley (not just here, but dating back to whenever the hell he began gushing over her), but the progressive over-the-topness of his defending her is laughable.

On the ladder of defending things I dislike, he's a couple steps below Barron and the last decade of SNL.