TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karnage

WWE Wrestlemania 21

Gott abe completely honest on that one and just dick out with an "I really don't know".

I didn't do the review, just got to have a little play time and watch some other people play – but nobody rocked any tag matches or SS bouts while I was there (we were basically rapid-firing 1-on-1 matches to use all of the characters). So I really can't answer the question, sorry.

The game is fucking good, though.

It's all good. Thanks for the response. I'll probably pick up a used copy. My faith in good wrestling games for X-Box is withered at best.

Guest MikeSC

Yeah. I checked with EB today while pre-purchasing Chaos Theory and they said it's not been delayed here.

-=Mike

And I take that back about the US version not being delayed...

http://www.gamingring.com/cgi-bin/ultimate...ic;f=1;t=000329

dammit...

What does it say? All I have is EB's statement (and they are pretty good about mentioning delays) and they still have the game out on the 28th.

-=Mike

The post says this:

'I just confirmed with my contact at THQ that WWE Wrestlemania XXI has indeed been delayed until April 18th. The delay will provide THQ and Studio Gigante more time to provide to you the game that you want.

I will have more on Wrestlemania XXI later tonight as our coverage of THQs latest wrestling game continues"

Its from the Site admin who seems to pretty spot on with stuff, and has been posting many movies from the game, because he has gotten some early builds of the game from THQ...

Yeah, Mike Regan from Gaming Ring is as reliable as they come. I worked at WrestlingGames.com (mailnly the message board, though) with him back in the early 2000's and we had Sanders Keel and others from THQ posting at the board. They even thanked us in No Mercy's credits. So yes, Mike has good contacts. They're even flying him out here for WrestleMania 21.

Unfortunately (in this scenario), Mike's info should be assumed to be correct. At least I have time to save up for the game now.

Guest TheDon

Does this mean they take out wrestlers like Nidia and Jazz and replace them with people who should be in the game? Does this mean they fix the selling aspect?

Guest Coffey

No. It probably means the people working on the game are slackers. The game will be released and still be dated. That's just the way it is.

Guest MikeSC
Yeah, Mike Regan from Gaming Ring is as reliable as they come. I worked at WrestlingGames.com (mailnly the message board, though) with him back in the early 2000's and we had Sanders Keel and others from THQ posting at the board. They even thanked us in No Mercy's credits. So yes, Mike has good contacts. They're even flying him out here for WrestleMania 21.

Unfortunately (in this scenario), Mike's info should be assumed to be correct. At least I have time to save up for the game now.

That's a bummer. I do hope that they fixed the collision detection, as it seemed that on the video of the HHH/UT match in XBM's DVD they had some issues with that here and there.

-=Mike

Guest DVD Spree
That's a bummer. I do hope that they fixed the collision detection, as it seemed that on the video of the HHH/UT match in XBM's DVD they had some issues with that here and there.

-=Mike 

The DVD was from a much earlier build than the one XBM even had for review (two builds earlier, I think) – the review build was better in virtually every aspect, clipping being one of them.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike 

The DVD was from a much earlier build than the one XBM even had for review (two builds earlier, I think) – the review build was better in virtually every aspect, clipping being one of them.

That's good. I was noticing the clipping (and how weird Shawn Michaels' intro looked) and was worried.

-=Mike

They won't have time to change the roster, but they may have found some minor glitches that they need to fix or some things they need to tweak. Either that, or they didn't want to release the game on the same day as the new Splinter Cell.

Here are some scans of the review from the UK XBM magazine:

http://img32.exs.cx/img32/4812/wm21reviewpage1xbm5op.jpg

http://img31.exs.cx/img31/4839/wm21reviewpage2xbm3xl.jpg

http://img31.exs.cx/img31/1473/wm21reviewpage3xbm2ib.jpg

http://img31.exs.cx/img31/4969/wm21reviewpage4xbm6gq.jpg

http://img31.exs.cx/img31/6346/wm21reviewpage5xbm1bc.jpg

http://img32.exs.cx/img32/3456/wm21reviewpage6xbm9qz.jpg

----------------

These screens have only served to get me that much more hyped for the game. I enjoy pretty much any wrestling game,. but the amazing graphics, rich feature list,and online play for this title make it look like possibly the greatest wrestling game of this console generation. The impressions of various reviewers and Mike Regan, along with the awesome videos he has posted at GamingRing.com, make me want to pre-order right now.

Do you work for that magazine? I know you do reviews and you did pimp the review, but I wasn't exactly sure if you were employed by that particular publication.

I'll remove the links if that is the case and you don't want them posted here, but they're on pretty much every wrestling games message board around. I figured the review would be of interest to the 99% of us who don't live in the UK and don't have access to the magazine.

Guest DVD Spree
Do you work for that magazine? I know you do reviews and you did pimp the review, but I wasn't exactly sure if you were employed by that particular publication.

I'll remove the links if that is the case and you don't want them posted here, but they're on pretty much every wrestling games message board around. I figured the review would be of interest to the 99% of us who don't live in the UK and don't have access to the magazine.

No worries Matt, I know they're floating around the net, and they are of legitimate interest here because most of y'all are from the US/Canada. Just voicing my "official standpoint" on the matter!

Guest MikeSC
Do you work for that magazine?  I know you do reviews and you did pimp the review, but I wasn't exactly sure if you were employed by that particular publication.

I'll remove the links if that is the case and you don't want them posted here, but they're on pretty much every wrestling games message board around.  I figured the review would be of interest to the 99% of us who don't live in the UK and don't have access to the magazine.

No worries Matt, I know they're floating around the net, and they are of legitimate interest here because most of y'all are from the US/Canada. Just voicing my "official standpoint" on the matter!

Besides, I find the magazine readily available at my local Barnes & Noble. You should be able to locate it.

BTW, Spree, does it always have little strategy guides/cheat books with every issue? I just recently started reading it.

And I really did think Shawn looked just weird for his entrance in the game.

-=Mike

Guest DVD Spree
Besides, I find the magazine readily available at my local Barnes & Noble. You should be able to locate it.

BTW, Spree, does it always have little strategy guides/cheat books with every issue? I just recently started reading it.

-=Mike 

Yo Mike.

Yup, the books have been with every issue almost from the start. We're always toying with covermounts – the DVD came in two months ago (and actually is becoming almost standard on all of our console mags), as did the Live magazine as a separate mini-mag instead of a pullout. The WWE issue also came with a lovely poster of John Cena, which has been plastered all over the office and drawn ridicule from all the other mags. I've been doing some work for the GameCube mag (Cube) as well, and they used to come with Action Replay discs (as their DVDs are pressed by Datel), but I don't think that's the case any more.

And yeah, a lot of things looked weird on that build of the game – hair is one of them, Kane's towel another. I think that was the build with something like 380 A-line bugs, so obviosuly there was a lot to work out.

-=Mike 

Yo Mike.

Yup, the books have been with every issue almost from the start. We're always toying with covermounts – the DVD came in two months ago (and actually is becoming almost standard on all of our console mags), as did the Live magazine as a separate mini-mag instead of a pullout. The WWE issue also came with a lovely poster of John Cena, which has been plastered all over the office and drawn ridicule from all the other mags. I've been doing some work for the GameCube mag (Cube) as well, and they used to come with Action Replay discs (as their DVDs are pressed by Datel), but I don't think that's the case any more.

And yeah, a lot of things looked weird on that build of the game – hair is one of them, Kane's towel another. I think that was the build with something like 380 A-line bugs, so obviosuly there was a lot to work out.

Kanes towel? he hasnt used that since like last april. thq needs to keep a little more current

Guest DVD Spree
Kanes towel? he hasnt used that since like last april. thq needs to keep a little more current

Wrestling games? Current? Hell, Jazz and Nidia are in the game. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a WWF/E game that had a current roster upon release (maybe one of the SNES games, I dunno).

From that review:

The man from Death Valley rises again to no-sell everyone's moves and go over the entire roster.

Jesus, are you guys TRYING to get them to not send you future games or something? That's the kind of attitude usually reserved for.... Uh.. Here.

Guest DVD Spree

Actually, I added that caption. Anything vaguely "inside" is something I added, but that was a dig at the WWE, so THQ couldn't care less.

Wow, just re-read the "quick fact"s – Brock Lesnar had just sued the WWE over his contract when I wrote that. Shows how long magazine lead-times are…

Wrestling games? Current? Hell, Jazz and Nidia are in the game. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a WWF/E game that had a current roster upon release (maybe one of the SNES games, I dunno).

Point well taken

From that review:

The man from Death Valley rises again to no-sell everyone's moves and go over the entire roster.

Jesus, are you guys TRYING to get them to not send you future games or something? That's the kind of attitude usually reserved for.... Uh.. Here.

Ha ha, I was just checking through to see if anyone noticed that, before I posted it.

Last thing I expected to read!

Guest DVD Spree

Just an update on the delay – which you can actually call XBM SAVING WRESTLEMANIA 21.

The game is being delayed in order to polish the Live features. This came about after Studio Gigante heeded advice from XBM that Live play would be a real asset to the title and a huge benefit against the SmackDown! series, and thus was definitely worth pursuing.