TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheex Incarnate

JBL vs. Big Show

I've heard rumors of this running around, but are they actually going to do this? I suppose these 2 workers may not have what it takes to break out a good match on their own, and barbed wire matches are kind of like a "free pass" from workrate and psychology. But it still seems a bit far fetched that the WWE is going to promote this match. Anyone else hear anything about it, or have any ideas how they could pull it off?

-Cheex

Guest Phenom
If Big Show gets stabbed with barbwire, grease will leak out of all over the ring!

I thought he'd deflate.

I have read about it in the last two issues of UK wrestling publication Power Slam. Apparently they have had it planned but the sports governing body is giving the problems over promoting the match as a barb wire match.

I read somewhere it's just supposed to be a regular WWE cage with a barbed wire roof. If that's the case, how are you going to even make the barbed wire mean anything? Is Show gonna pick up JBL and push him against the roof? And if it's just barbed wire around the top, that's still pretty pointless. Who would climb? Just take the door or go for a pinfall. For this to work it has to be around the chain link cage so they can bump into it.

Guest BrokenWings

I was at Famous Players last night, and saw a preview still for it. It's a regular cage, just at the top it has barbed wire wrapped around it - I suppose so people don't climb over the top.

It's lame. I was expecting more.

I'm guessing this is SD's replacement for HIAC since they have seem to have lost rights to it. That's so depressing. :(

Well RAW came up with the EC and has been using it ever since. But HHH always wanted to HIAC for himself since its apparantly his gimmick now. Which means SD is left with Bullrope match crap and what not.

I read somewhere it's just supposed to be a regular WWE cage with a barbed wire roof. If that's the case, how are you going to even make the barbed wire mean anything? Is Show gonna pick up JBL and push him against the roof? And if it's just barbed wire around the top, that's still pretty pointless. Who would climb? Just take the door or go for a pinfall. For this to work it has to be around the chain link cage so they can bump into it.

Didn't WCW have the same type of match between Flair and Hogan in 1999?

Yes.

It was first blood match in a steel cage with barbwire surrounding it so nobody could interfere.

And the barbwire eventually was used on each other, I believe.

EDIT - And I don't believe the cage had a door either.

I assume in storyline, the barbed wire is meant to keep the two competitors inside and the distractions outside. However the barbed wire cage concept works better for Eddie/JBL (since the last cage match had interference cost Eddie the title)