TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
swan

Sorry LA peeps

LAMB OF GOD are being forced to step aside from one of their arena concerts on the upcoming Subliminal Verses Tour with SLIPKNOT, because of their name LAMB OF GOD and former moniker BURN THE PRIEST.

The venue, The Forum in Los Angeles, is owned by The Faithful Central Bible Church, who decided to impose a ruling to ban LAMB OF GOD's performance at their venue.

More:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...ewsitemID=32360

Well on the bright side you might get an extended Sdawdows Fall set, on the bad side, you could get an extended Slipknot set.

Maybe they'll consider a name change now like Anthrax did for a year and people again won't give a fuck. This is one of the cases where the name of the band is more bad ass than the music they play.

Didn't Anthrax come right out and state that they weren't gonna change their name shortly after that whole bit?

I know I saw pics of them wearing shirts that spelled out "WE ARE NOT CHANGING OUR NAME", and I thought it was shortly after; I could be wrong though,

Guest Vitamin X

What the fuck is the Forum doing being owned by The Faithful Central Bible Church?! This is the same place I grew up watching Kareem and Magic and saw Rage Against the Machine play their last concert.

Motherfuck.

That sucks for LA people, but not for me. Sucks for LOG too, considering everytime they are interviewed they say they aren't religious or anything like that, but like someone said before religious nuts don't care about that. But yeah, can't wait til the tour rolls through San Antonio, well except Slipknot.

That sucks for LA people, but not for me. Sucks for LOG too, considering everytime they are interviewed they say they aren't religious or anything like that, but like someone said before religious nuts don't care about that. But yeah, can't wait til the tour rolls through San Antonio, well except Slipknot.

What the fuck is the Forum doing being owned by The Faithful Central Bible Church?!  This is the same place I grew up watching Kareem and Magic and saw Rage Against the Machine play their last concert.

Motherfuck.

Well, advocating conversion to Islam and sexual promiscuity, as well as rebellion against the government is okay, just as long as no one blasphemes.

At least all you LA fucks will get to see Shadows Fall. The MA show is sold out.

The Lowell show is already sold out?!? I just heard about it for the first time last night ... damn, I was giving some thought to going, too.

Guest Vitamin X
What the fuck is the Forum doing being owned by The Faithful Central Bible Church?!  This is the same place I grew up watching Kareem and Magic and saw Rage Against the Machine play their last concert.

Motherfuck.

Well, advocating conversion to Islam and sexual promiscuity, as well as rebellion against the government is okay, just as long as no one blasphemes.

I doubt the church owned the building when the Lakers, Kings, etc. were still there.

At least all you LA fucks will get to see Shadows Fall. The MA show is sold out.

The Lowell show is already sold out?!? I just heard about it for the first time last night ... damn, I was giving some thought to going, too.

Last I heard it was. I'm gonna check Strawberries tomorrow to see if it is or isn't. If it is, I'm hoping my co-worker/neighbor pulls through on his word to get me tickets from a couple friends of his that have to sell theirs.

The last time I saw Shadows Fall was Halloween '03. It's been too long.

As for Lamb of God, their music has always stricken me as pretty dull. But live? I saw them open for Shadows Fall at the aforementioned Halloween '03 show in Worcester, and they kicked my fucking ass.

As for Lamb of God, their music has always stricken me as pretty dull. But live? I saw them open for Shadows Fall at the aforementioned Halloween '03 show in Worcester, and they kicked my fucking ass.

Ya hit the nail on the head. They have yet to capture thier live sound on record. I'm hoping the record is selling well so that Epic (right?) maybe fronts them a lil' more cash for proper production.

They will be headlining a tour w/ Machine Head in support after the Slipknot dates wrap.

I think it's that the production is TOO good for them. You can hear everything crisply, so much so that it all seems a bit muffled, if that makes any sense, so the quality of the songs seem to suffer. Also, it helps that, live, they just bring so much energy to the stage.

I have the same qualms with Unearth, but, oddly, not Killswitch Engage. KSE just plain old sucks.

I think it's that the production is TOO good for them. You can hear everything crisply, so much so that it all seems a bit muffled, if that makes any sense, so the quality of the songs seem to suffer. Also, it helps that, live, they just bring so much energy to the stage.

I have the same qualms with Unearth, but, oddly, not Killswitch Engage. KSE just plain old sucks.

I'd say that they didn't actually step up their production level until "Ashes of the Wake". The first album had decent production, but the second was absolutely atrocious. The bass was non-existant and everything seemed like it was being played through blown out speakers.

That seems to be the current craze. Since music nowadays, at least heavier music, is so focused around the rhythm section, you'd think that the production would make it so you can hear the bass, but on most albums you can't. Whatever happened to the days when you could hear each instrument being played instead of just a wall of static that changes tempo?

More bands need the Steve Harris production (where you can hear the bass perfectly without drowning out the other instruments).