TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser Chong

Anyone Going After Cubs vs. Red Sox Tickets?

I wanted to get out to Wrigley last season, but because getting a ticket was an exercise in futility, I had to set my sights on this season. A glance at their schedule reveals that they'll play the Red Sox in Chicago this June for the first time since the 1918 World Series.

Cubs tickets are hard enough to get as it is, but this almost guarantees to be an impossibly hot ticket. I'm still gonna shoot to nab a couple, but reading horror stories of the virtual waiting rooms used last season (and back again this year), I'm not too optimistic.

I was blessed to go to both Game 5 of the ALCS and Game 1 of the World Series. I also have my ticket for Opening Day at Fenway Park when the banner goes up and they get the rings.

I'll wait til the Cubs come to Boston.

I was lucky enough to score three tickets to the 6/10 game against the Sox. Surprisingly decent ones, too. I had to do that Virtual Waiting Room thing at the Cubs site, and got selected after about 40 minutes of waiting. Looks like I lucked out, too, because I had other VWR windows open and they still haven't been selected to purchase tickets.

Guest Coffey

My friend Eric was attempting to get six tickets this morning for the game. I don't know how successful he was. We have plans to attend the game, and have for several weeks. So, hopefully, he was successful.

I wish I had been able to get four or five, but three was the most I could snag. I'm already getting crap from the woman about not asking her to go, even though she's not crazy about baseball and I'm dragging her to a couple of Reds/Cubs games in July as it is.

I'm flying to Denver in August to see the Cubs play the Rockies after they spend the first half of that week here, playing the Astros.

I've got tickets to all three games here and two more in Denver, so I'm going to be broke after that week is over with.

It's not Wrigley, but I'll take it.