TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Signature Movies

I was torn on Scarface/Godfather too. Shit, some people might even say Serpico or Scent of a Woman. I think when all is said and done though, The Godfather will be considered his plum role.

Brando? I'd say On The Waterfront, but I wouldn't argue against The Godfather, Wild One or Streetcar.

Guest Regina Phelange

Barbra Streisand - "A Star is Born"

Julie Andrews - "The Sound Of Music" or "Mary Poppins"?

And IDRM, I'd say T2 for Ahnuld, since the most recognizable look for the T-101 is from T2 (the crew cut, sunglasses, and leather jacket).

Perhaps, but I'm still of the opinion the original is really what put him in the public eye. That was when everybody started doing his voice and all that. It had the "I'll be back." line, one of the most recognizable movie quotes ever. Maybe the most recognizable, I can't think of a better one, save perhaps "Luke, I am your father." which if I remember correctly weren't even his exact words in the movie.

The problem with picking between the two is the second played off the first, blurring the distinction. T2 is Eddie Furlong's signature role, anyway, as well as Patrick.

Good point, but I'd say that "I'll be back" entered the vernacular when it was repeated ad nauseum in parodies after T2. Then again, I'm too young to know what it was like after the first Terminator.

Guest DVD Spree
See, I can't see why Game of Death is popular at ALL, the movie sucked(the original footage they released as part of A Warrior's Journey makes it even more disappointing)

The complete GoD fights are three of the best poure martial arts battles ever captured on film. You can't really rate GoD as a film, since it was never finished and the shite that Robert Clouse threw together doesn't count as a Bruce flick. It's purely the fights that get people so amped about GoD – Bruce in a yellow jumpsuit battling up a pagoda, the first ever nunchaku versus nunchaku duel, two of the best martial artists in the world in DAN INOFUCKINGSANTO and Jee Han Jae, the demostration of styles in Escrima, Hapkido and Jeet Kune Do, and the epic David & Goliath battle of Bruce versus Kareem. There is so much going on it that film that people don't seem to see.

BTW, the footage in Warrior's Journey is dogshit compared to what HKL did on their Platinum Edition of GoD – it's cleaned up and properly graded to the dark, moody tones of the '78 release, complete with proper voice acting (Bey does an awesome job of imitating Bruce) and better choices than Warrior's Journey used.

Maybe the most recognizable, I can't think of a better one, save perhaps "Luke, I am your father." which if I remember correctly weren't even his exact words in the movie.

Correct. He said "No, I am your father."

Which brings me to Harrison Ford - "Star Wars" trilogy, or "Indiana Jones" trilogy?

Guest JMA

Gregory Peck-To Kill a Mocking Bird

Malcolm McDowell-A Clockwork Orange

George C. Scott-Patton

Guest JMA
Ben Stiller- Zoolander- turning the daft character into an art form!

What about There's Something About Mary? I remember Stiller's career really taking off after that movie.

Hillary Swank - Boys Don't Cry

Leslie Nielson - Naked Gun(s)

Jennifer Grey - Dirty Dancing

Edward Herrman - The Lost Boys( whenever I see him in anything, the first though that always comes to my mind is "holy shit, it's the head vampire)

Mark Walberg - Boogie Nights

Chow Yun Fat - Various Woo movies, I mean come on, he is basically the same character every time.

Linda Blair - The Exorcist

Kane Hodder - Friday the 13th series

Bruce Campbell - Ash/Evil Dead