TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

Top Five...

Guest Trivia247

The next fiver is a bit rarer, remember back in the good ol bloody days of NWA, back when you pick up your favorite wrestling mag of the 80's and they showed the black n white pics of Blood baths, one of the matches that kinda was the catalyst of such things was, the Dog Collar match..

At this moment I can only count two Dog collar matches I remember and enjoyed.

Roddy Piper vs Greg Valentine Great American Bash

they really pushed Piper's ear damage and Greg Zeroed in on it like he was Shinjiro on Super Delfin's leg (Alla Super J Cup metaphor)

Pitbulls & Dreamer vs Raven & Stevie (I forget if the Raven team had more members in the match but remember a few run ins by the Dudley boys version 1.) one of the few ECW matches a certain unmentionable Jack ass gave ***** stars.

anyway do you got some favorites Dog collar matches?

Jericho and Saturn at Uncensored 1999.

This wasn't a great match or anything, but it was decent. It also ended their feud, with lots of near falls, etc.

Didn't Billy Gunn and Road Dogg have one of thse on Raw? "Dogg Pound" match?

Yeah, Vince McMahon made Road Dogg and Billy Gunn have a "Dogg Pound" (Dog Collar) match back in June 1999 when he and Shane were thinking of what gimmick match they would face Stone Cold Steve Austin in for the "100% Control of the WWF" Match at King Of The Ring 1999. That, of course, ended up being the infamous Ladder Match, where Austin lost thanks to a still unknown to this day person lifting up the briefcase so that Austin couldn't get it, but Shane did.

Guest Sturgis

5. Jericho vs. Saturn(Uncensored 99')

4. Gage/Wifebeater vs. Messiah/Hatred(CZW Night of Infamy 2)

3. CM Punk vs. Raven(ROH)

2. Pitbulls vs. Raven Stevie Richards(ECW World Tag Team Titles)(Gangsta's Paradise)

1. Piper vs. Valentine(Starrcade 83')

Guest jm29195

1. Pitbulls vs. Raven Stevie Richards(ECW World Tag Team Titles)(Gangsta's Paradise)

2.1. Piper vs. Valentine(Starrcade 83')

3.Pittbull 2/Sandman vs Shane Douglas/Raven

4.Raven vs Punk (ROH)

5.Saturn vs Jericho (Uncensored 99)

I also rate both the Taker/Lesnar Biker Chain match and HHH/Kane chain matchs if those are allowed, maybe a 'best 5-10 matches where the participants are tied together' thread would be more aprops, we could include strap matches aswell then....

Was the only way to win the match was to drag the opponet around the ring while touching all 4 corner posts?

If not then I prefer the leather strap over dog collar matches.

Guest The Decadent Slacker

I seem to recall one from RAW in late '97 between Bulldog & Vader. Might've been the show where Steve Blackman debuted. But outside of that, I'd say Piper/Valentine, Raven & Richards/Pitbulls, & Ron Bass/Yellow Dog from sometime in the '80s (haven't seen this a long fucking time, but it couldn't be any worse than i remember Gunn/Road Dogg).

Have never seen any of them but I seem to remember reading about Junkyard Dog having some in Mid South. I think he had one with Michael Hayes in the Superdome that drew a big crowd there after the Freebirds blinded him.

one of the few ECW matches a certain unmentionable Jack ass gave ***** stars.

Actually it's the only ECW match he gave ***** to.

Cheers.