TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The Montreal Expos of Washington

Guest LooneyTune

Art Howe was fired at the end of the 2004 Season. Willie Randolph is the new manager.

But then they'll have Yusimeiro Petit on the club.

My 2005 MLB NL East standings:

1. Atlanta Braves

2. New York Mets

3. Florida Marlins

4. Washington Nationals

5. Philadelphia Phillies

Anybody who disagrees with me... don't know their BUTT from their wrist.

I would honestly like to hear your rational for picking the Phillies last.

Because Philadelphia is a city of underachiever and New York isn't. Nuff said.

The Rangers, Jets, Mets, Islanders, Knicks, and Giants say hi.

Guest Salacious Crumb
I think they can finish 4th at least.  I'm sure the Mets will crash and burn yet again this season.

I guess you don't know your BUTT from your wrist.

I'd call it common sense. The team is old and has no prospects left. Florida and Philly will easily finish ahead of them.

Just because you fall into the trap of buying the Mets hype doesn't mean you know shit about how teams will finish.

And you like the Reds and Browns :huh: HIPPOCRAT!!

I'd take the Reds franchise history over the Mets any day of the week. And on top of that I don't come on here and trash talk about my teams because I'm realistic about their chances every season.

Guest LooneyTune

It seems like almost every NY team not named "Yankees" (in any sport) seem to just crash and burn every year, no matter what is done to their rosters.

NHL: You have the Boston Red Sox of Hockey in the Rangers, except they actually suck. Signing high priced players to do nothing really helped them out. Islanders haven't made it to the Stanley Cup in over 2 decades, but Hockey is dead right now, so who cares?

NFL: Jets try their best, but end up failing when it counts, or just don't make the playoffs at all. Giants started great in 2004, then just turned to shit. They made the Super Bowl a few years back, and were slaughtered by the Ravens.

NBA: Knicks haven't done anything of note except losing 20 out of 24 games since Marbury declared himself the best guard in basketball. Made 2 NBA Finals in last 30 years, and lost both (1994 to Houston, 1999 to San Antonio). Barely made the playoffs last year thanks to a shit Conference, and doing even worse this season.

MLB: Already covered the Mets.

I think they can finish 4th at least.  I'm sure the Mets will crash and burn yet again this season.

I guess you don't know your BUTT from your wrist.

I'd call it common sense. The team is old and has no prospects left. Florida and Philly will easily finish ahead of them.

Just because you fall into the trap of buying the Mets hype doesn't mean you know shit about how teams will finish.

And you like the Reds and Browns :huh: HIPPOCRAT!!

Hippocrat: one who advocates government by horses.

I've posted this several times before, why do the Mets have a label as "All Time Losers" when they have won 2 world championships and 4 National League pennants in 43 Years.  I will say this again, the Houston Astros started the same year the Mets did, 1962, and have won 1 playoff series.  Yet I don't hear anyone proclaiming them "All time losers"

It's because they play in the shadow of the most successful franchise in the sport, and because NY has high expectations.

I forgot about Vidro and Livan Hernandez. Hernandez is great, he throws complete games like it's nothing, too bad he never gets the offense to back him up. Vidro is a solid player, not a superstar, but there aren't really any superstars at second these days. So that's four. Four out of 25 players I like :lol:

My picks for the NL East would be:

1. Atlanta

--- A great rotation, headlined by Hudson and Smoltz makes them the favorite.

2. Florida

---Their young pictures need to turn the page, and become superstars, could very easily pass atlanta by if Burnett and Beckett perform like they should.

3. The Mets

---Their rotation is very good, and people underestimate their lineup.

4. Phillies

---I do not see many positive changes from last year, and no, a manager will not make that much difference.

5. Washington

---A horrible team led by a GM who was famous for his 19 year old smokin' hot girlfriend, and his affinity for assless leather chaps (even in the clubhouse) in Cincy.

---A horrible team led by a GM who was famous for his 19 year old smokin' hot girlfriend, and his affinity for assless leather chaps (even in the clubhouse) in Cincy.

What the

Fuck :huh:

Thats not all about Bowden. Bowden and his wife split up because Bowden was fucking this out 19 year old piece of ass. So what does his wife do, well, she immediatly begins fucking a limited partner owner of the reds. Now you know the real reason "Bodes" and his porche are not down in sarasota with the reds.