TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tawren

NOAH 3/5 Results - Kobashi vs Rikio

Thanks, that's pretty fast for such a recent show. Aside from the main event match I was interested in seeing Doug Williams and more proof of Takaiwa's ever deflating ring value.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

I've never really watched Puro outside of some of Muta's and Liger's stuff or the SuperJ94 tourney. I downloaded this the other day not knowing what it'd be like and I really enjoyed it. I didn't know who alot of the people were, aside from Misawa, Kobashi, and the foriegners.

Pardon me if I'm ignorant of anything but I thought I'd give my Impressions;

I really enjoyed Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Takashi Sugiura & SUWA Vs KENTA, Ricky Marvin & Low Ki alot. I thought KENTA was really amazing.

I thought Bison Smith was pretty Hilarious. Mike Awesome looked better than I had heard he had been doing.

Scorpio & Doug Williams Vs Akitoshi Saito & Masao Inoue was pretty good as I enjoy Doug Williams and I hadn't seen Scorpio in years and I was amazed by how much weight he had lost.

Mohammed Yone Vs Naomichi Marufuji was actually probably my favorite match on the card aside from the Jr. 6 man. I really dug Yone's look.

Genichiro Tenryu & Minoru Suzuki Vs Jun Akiyama & Takeshi Morishima was also good, Akiyama was very impressive. I didn't care for the finish as it seemed sort of a let down. I also was wondering who the Girl was with Tenryu and the Guy with the other team was?

The Main Event was interesting. It took me until the latter half of the match to warm up to it but by the end I was pretty into the match. I had never heard of Rikio but I thought he was actually fairly impressive.

All in all I was really impressed with the show and I'm going to be getting more Puro shows. I found it to be really a nice change from the WWE.

I've never really watched Puro outside of some of Muta's and Liger's stuff or the SuperJ94 tourney. I downloaded this the other day not knowing what it'd be like and I really enjoyed it. I didn't know who alot of the people were, aside from Misawa, Kobashi, and the foriegners.

Green Destiny should be able to help you out figuring who's who.

Good site for the bare back info.

Pardon me if I'm ignorant of anything but I thought I'd give my Impressions;

For a guy who professes ignorance, you seem to at least have a good grasp on the names.

I really enjoyed  Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Takashi Sugiura & SUWA Vs KENTA, Ricky Marvin & Low Ki alot. I thought KENTA was really amazing.

KENTA will be an ace for the company one day. If he bulks up a bit, he'll be wrestling for the GHC title in a couple of years.

I thought Bison Smith was pretty Hilarious. Mike Awesome looked better than I had heard he had been doing.

Both guys are the best "monster gaijin" workers NOAH has to offer, for better or for worse. Both guys got a title shot against Kenta Kobashi during his 2 + years title reign. The Awesome match seems to be the one that many people like more since Kobashi was actually getting thrown around a bit in it. That doesn't happen too often to him.

Scorpio & Doug Williams Vs Akitoshi Saito & Masao Inoue was pretty good as I enjoy Doug Williams and I hadn't seen Scorpio in years and I was amazed by how much weight he had lost.

Williams and Scorpio are one of the better tag teams in NOAH.

Mohammed Yone Vs Naomichi Marufuji was actually probably my favorite match on the card aside from the Jr. 6 man. I really dug Yone's look.

Yone, KENTA, and Marufuji, once they bulk up some, are going to be the next generation of ace's, along with Shiozaki, dueling it up for the GHC title. The future looks bright for NOAH's main event prospects.

Genichiro Tenryu & Minoru Suzuki Vs Jun Akiyama & Takeshi Morishima was also good, Akiyama was very impressive. I didn't care for the finish as it seemed sort of a let down. I also was wondering who the Girl was with Tenryu and the Guy with the other team was?

Shinobu Kandori.

"Girl"

heh

The Main Event was interesting. It took me until the latter half of the match to warm up to it but by the end I was pretty into the match. I had never heard of Rikio but I thought he was actually fairly impressive.

Rikio had quite a showing in his breakout match. It appears to have panned out.

All in all I was really impressed with the show and I'm going to be getting more Puro shows. I found it to be really a nice change from the WWE.

The NOAH shows in particular are a nice alternatice to the WWE's junk sometimes.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

Thanks Sass, I'm checking Green Destiny out right now. It's pretty good.

EDIT: You mean the girl was a guy? Oh...my.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I caught KENTA and Marufuji defending the GHC Jr. Tag Titles against Juventud Guerrera and Mr. Aguila on Galavision's Lucha Libre block yesterday.

Does anyone else get this impression about Rikio's matches? I haven't seen many of them, I'll be honest, but I've seen a few, and it seems as if many of them, at least IMO, work like this. The beginning of the matches aren't bad, just not spectacular, but by the end I'm usually pretty into it.

I remember downloading a match not too long ago.....it was Kobashi / KENTA vs. Rikio / Marufuji, I think. Where Rikio scored the pinfall on Kobashi. Wasn't overly impressed with it at the beginning, but by the end I was really, really jiving with the match.

Guest Salacious Crumb

The ending kind of rubbed me the wrong way. But I think it was mostly because Rikio was using the same move over and over.

Death Valley Driver has full show available in their "Matches, Matches, Everywhere" forum.

It might be that its late into the night over here but I cant seem to find the "Matches, Matches, Everywhere" forum on the DVD site. Where is it?

My first thought on Rikio winning the title was one of shock. I haven't seen much recent NOAH but I can even remember seeing him in aciton. I knew I had but I couldnt put a face to the name. I was expecting a bigger name to take the GHC title from Kobashi. I hope they book this good though and that Rikio will be able to run with the ball.

Death Valley Driver has full show available in their "Matches, Matches, Everywhere" forum.

It might be that its late into the night over here but I cant seem to find the "Matches, Matches, Everywhere" forum on the DVD site. Where is it?

You have to register in order to see it.

You have to register in order to see it.

I did register and I did log in. I havent recieved a confirmation e-mail yet to the registration though. Maybe thats where the problem lies. I'll wait and see what happens.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

It's also available to download at Pwtorrents.net which is where I got it from.

Guest Black Tiger

The only guys in the NOAH junior division who really could bulk up and be legit heavyweights are Sugiura and Hashi. KENTA, Marufuji, Kotaro, they just haven't got the frame for it.

I haven't seen a whole lot of Rikio from recently (56k Dial up AOL means no downloading for me), but I've heard he's stepped up his game a lot. I just watched his 2002 GHC Title match with Yoshinari Ogawa, and it was quite the fun little match.

I caught KENTA and Marufuji defending the GHC Jr. Tag Titles against Juventud Guerrera and Mr. Aguila on Galavision's Lucha Libre block yesterday.

I haven't seen that particular match, but I heard Aguila got hurt during it and the match wasn't very good. I try to catch every KENTA/Marufuji Jr Tag Title defense though. I started refering to them as "The World's Greatest Tag Team" after Haas and Benjamin split up. And its actually caught on a little bit.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Yeah, they were still in the buildup phase of the match when Aguila got hurt. Though I'm not sure if it was worked or not. He went for a kick and fell over the rope and on the replay it didn't look like he really twisted anything.

If they tried out juicing, any of the Jr. guys could bulk up and look like a small heavyweight.

They shouldn't do that but it would be the only sure way for them to *really* bulk up and look like a mini heavyweight at least.

I think NOAH did the right thing by putting Sugiura in junior ranks. Every juniors division needs a bullyweight, in Sugi's case he provides that with his martial arts style while Hashi plays the stiff brawler. SUWA on the other hand I wouldnt mind seeing switch gears, but I doubt he'd get much of a push at this stage in life.

Great juniors are hard to find and I don't think NOAH will sacrifice the 5'8'' KENTA although female fans would totally buy him busaiku kicking Rikio for the GHC belt any day of the month.

NOAH failed to keep Ikeda and now they have Morishima and Yone to think about. Hell, Shiga might bulk up a little when he comes back and finally get some serious wins.

Suguira and SUWA in the Jr. division allows both guys to look like studs instead of jobber duds for the Heavy's to toss around. Of course, they can always bulk up and change that.

Yone, Shiga, and Ikeda aren't anything special but they could provide good wrm-up match material for the ME guys like Kobashi, Akiyama and the Takeshi's as the years go on.

Guest stylz

I just picked Rikio/Kobashi on tape. I hadn't watched NOAH in a while, and had only really seen Rikio as part of Rikio/Morishima (Wild 2?). I was thoroughly impressed by the match...but thought a little anticlimactic in that Kobashi didn't lose to a bigger name. But props to NOAH for taking a chance.

J

I've just recently started watching NOAH and would like to know more about the format of the show. Do they have weekly televised shows like RAW and Smackdown? How often do they have PPVs?