TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The OFFICIAL All-Time Draft Thread

Here's an idea I've been kicking around. Instead of slot drafting, we'd do a "Midnight Madness" type of system. Each day we do one round, and each person makes their pick whenever they are online. It has its drawbacks obviously, but it would ensure that things keep moving. The talent pool we draw from is deep enough that it wouldn't cause as many problems as a traditional fantasy draft.

Hell, I have a low draft pick, and can be on at Midnight, so no complaints from me. I just have visions of 12 people all trying to post their picks at the same time (likely with half a dozen duplicates) while the board stalls, so it might be a little chaotic...

In the morning or in the afternoon? Also keep in mind that with the serpentine draft, its IK, Roy, Roy and then IK again.

I'd be willing to post them early in the morning. As soon has IK Cool Jew makes his first round pick. If it's ok? I also know the reverse order of the next round.

Guest LooneyTune

I guess picking Nolan Ryan based on 5,000+ strike outs and 7 no hitters was a dumb move... (kicks self close to the nuts)

Awesome pick. Can you imagine if Koufax could have had a modern surgery and extended his career another 10 years? He might have been the greatest ever.

Oh, and as soon as IK shows up Roy and Al disappear, leaving me again in limbo. Yey!

Guest LooneyTune

I guess I'll hunt for a picture for my next pickee... (checks list to see whos already taken) Fuck.

I'm back!

With the last pick of the first round, the New York Highlanders select:

SC1B2.jpg

j/k.......

jrobinso.jpg

JACKIE ROBERTSON!

And with the first pick of the second round, the New York Highlanders select:

stork7.jpg

Joltin' Joe DiMaggio and his fit as fuck drinkin' buddy!

Anyone catch the irony in a team called the "Hebrews" taking Koufax?

Whether the guy's a gimmick or not, he made a damn good pick!

Speaking of which, nogoodnick informed us IK Cool Jew would be on shortly and then edited his post just to say he would have picked Koufax earlier. Hmm???

Guest LooneyTune

It's too late at night to notice those things... :lol: I have my next pick ready, and it will probably be another underwhelming one.

Anyone catch the irony in a team called the "Hebrews" taking Koufax?
I'm sure his next pick will be a certain fromer Detroit Tiger and then at some point he'll pick Shawn Green.

It almost seems like we could get everyone in a chat one night and bust out a few rounds with how many people are hanging around this thread.

Maybe it would be just be easier if Al assinged our non-active players to our roster. We end up picking 3 guys in each round, but that still could take weeks.

It almost seems like we could get everyone in a chat one night and bust out a few rounds with how many people are hanging around this thread.

That would be great.

And nogoodnick, is IK coming back on or not?

Speaking of which, nogoodnick informed us IK Cool Jew would be on shortly and then edited his post just to say he would have picked Koufax earlier. Hmm???

All of three us know each other beyond the board.

IK should be on soon - probably didn't know the pick would came back around so fast.

Guest Brian

Having a chat one night would be awesome, as we could get a lot done. That's what my pops used to do with all those Diamond Mind Baseball leagues he was in.

Ok, I've had enough, I need to sleep and I'm not waiting any longer. I'll pm Al my 2 possible picks and if he gets on before me after IK posts his, he's welcome to post it.

Guest LooneyTune

Slapnuts leaves, and now Jew is here... are they the same person? (ponders)

Sorry about the delay, fellas. I went to play pool

The Fightin' Hebrews select

AADB031.jpg

The versatile Stan Musial

Guest Failed Mascot
Slapnuts, Looney Tune, and Harley Quinn.

Its easier to type BBCW