TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PlatinumBoy

A heel needs to win Jericho's Ladder Match

Guest Loss

I think the best finish ever would have Benoit and Christian reaching for the briefcase at the same time, Christian saying "It's mine!" and trying to get it back, and them having a tug-of-war, only for Christian to point in the other direction so he can stomp on a distracted Benoit's foot and take the briefcase.

Guest Loss

I've always thought a great angle would be Christian losing a match to someone and being on his way back to the dressing room. HHH comes out to attack the wrestler, and hands Christian the belt on his way to the ring and says "hold this." Christian marks out and runs off with the belt and refuses to give it back. For a few weeks, every time HHH corners him and is about to get it back, something happens and it doesn't work out for him.

I've always thought a great angle would be Christian losing a match to someone and being on his way back to the dressing room. HHH comes out to attack the wrestler, and hands Christian the belt on his way to the ring and says "hold this." Christian marks out and runs off with the belt and refuses to give it back. For a few weeks, every time HHH corners him and is about to get it back, something happens and it doesn't work out for him.

Yes!!

Christian could be such a great comedic character... It's great.

I loved his work with DDP.

Christian could "rent out" the title to other lower-card wrestlers and job-guys, have them take photos with it, but tape over the nameplate, etc. etc. This drives HHH crazy. HHH ends up stealing back his title from one of the wrestlers who rented it, but it turns out it was a fake and Christian has the real one at home.

That is one of the best angles I have heard in a long time, maybe ever. Bravo SmartMarks, you've excelled yourselves.

However it does seem a bit too comedic for the 'big' belt though.

Guest Deadbolt

Not really, though. Anyone could turn heel, or face, and Batista could drop the belt by the time the person decides to use their title shot.

Although those are good ideas, they're not the only options.

Shelton Benjamin's been on a huge roll as of late, and for him to win the ladder match would elevate him and bring more prestige to the IC title with it, and then he can bide his time until he drops the IC title and then either turn heel to face batista, or stay face to wrestle the heel-who-gets-the-title-after-Batista.

Guest Loss

Benjamin, Edge and Christian all need the God push in the coming year. The window closed on Benoit and Jericho sometime back, but the first three still have a chance.

Benjamin should interfere in Kane's match with Batista next week and help Kane win. Afterwards he tells Kane that they're both in a match with two former world tag team champions who will work together as much as possible to winThis creates another story within the match, which ends with Benjamin screwing Kane over and trying to go at it on his own.

Or maybe I just like the idea of a Kane/Benjamin tag team.

We all assume Batista is going over, but anyways. I'd love to see Benoit win the shot, and regain the belt down the road. If possible, Christian winning would make for some interesting television.

Guest Loss

WWE mentality is typically to job a guy out who's about to get a push so he'll have challengers once he gets to that role. It's weird, but that's how they do it much of the time. So Christian winning is certainly a possibility.

Benjamin should interfere in Kane's match with Batista next week and help Kane win. Afterwards he tells Kane that they're both in a match with two former world tag team champions who will work together as much as possible to winThis creates another story within the match, which ends with Benjamin screwing Kane over and trying to go at it on his own.

Or maybe I just like the idea of a Kane/Benjamin tag team.

You just like the idea of their team name being "Kanejamin"

Guest Loss

It would have been awesome had you thought of it. Bad puns RULE and you know it!

BURNING BENJAMIN sounds more like a bad emo band, sadly.