TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jericholic82

April SD Magazine

I can't belive I kept forgetting to post this, but last Monday I received the April SD Mag in the mail. Now That was quite shocking as it was way early for the mag to arrive (sd usually arrives near the end of the month) Even worse was the fact that on the cover they have a wm preview with a pic of jbl vs cena, but the best part is they have as a subheading "Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio-On A collision Course" (or something like that Im too lazy to go grab the mag) and in the mag there is an article on the match. Now we all in the IWC pretty much think its a lock that theyd be facing each other, but it has not even been barely hinted on tv yet. The mag also adverstised Orton vs Taker and h ad an article about it , again weird as I received the mag about 6 hours before Orton issued his challenge on the 3/7/05 RAW. What is up with WWE? When kayfabe was alive and well in the 80s this would be a huge sin (as was the post wm4 wwf mag being leaked with savage announced as new champ on it back in 88) . This might be really confusing for the young marks who are the main audience for this mag (I only subscribe still cuz I have been collecting WWF/E mags for years). Although the many posters and pics of half naked women might concern some parents heh heh

One week later and the Eddie/Rey match still has yet to be announced (but being as tonight is the SD taping, they might start the push to that match now) .

Major Blunder, I wonder if someone will be fired over this. Maybe they accidentally sent out the mag too soon?

What exactlly are they spoiling?

Everyone knew way before the mag was even mentioned that Rey Vs Eddie was going to happen at mania, and even if no one knew about it, the WWE are going to annoucne it anyways.

its no big deal.

Guest LooneyTune

Thats the biggest spoiler news since finding out that Jake Roberts was a drug addict.

Yea we all know that, but I'd assume that people who aren't netheads like us might not know it since it hasn't been announced on tv.

I was just saying that I was shocked that they'd make a mistake like that, but I guess they don't care anymore now that so much of the fanbase has become "smart"

If they reference any real details in the article, then it's a spoiler (e.g. "after Eddie turned on Rey at WM" or "after their heated argument on Smackdown"). If it's just a vague, and even pretty predictable, presumption, then it's not a spoiler.

I remember one of the Apter mags had a cover story of the Warrior saying "the IC title is not enough" before he became part of the world title scene ... wasn't a spoiler then, wouldn't be a spoiler now.

If they reference any real details in the article, then it's a spoiler (e.g. "after Eddie turned on Rey at WM" or "after their heated argument on Smackdown"). If it's just a vague, and even pretty predictable, presumption, then it's not a spoiler.

I remember one of the Apter mags had a cover story of the Warrior saying "the IC title is not enough" before he became part of the world title scene ... wasn't a spoiler then, wouldn't be a spoiler now.

I understand what you are saying. But I just found it odd that they would send out a magazine with matches that had yet to be announced on TV. Although in 02 the mag featuring rock vs brock summerslam cover told you that Rock won at Vengeance, but some people got the mag early before Vengeance.

I know it's not a mometous thing, I just thought I'd tell you all something of note.

Still not as bad as the WWF magazine that came out BEFORE Mania 4 that had Savage listed as their champion.

It came out the Wednesday before WM4, IIRC; it's not THAT close a call. Basil DeVito mentioned how serious a problem this mini-scandal was in the 'WrestleMania' book.

Anyone else remember the Rock vs. Brock (Summerslam 02) cover that was leaked while Undertaker was still champ?

Thats the biggest spoiler news since finding out that Jake Roberts was a drug addict.

Wha....

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?!?!

Still not as bad as the WWF magazine that came out BEFORE Mania 4 that had Savage listed as their champion.

It came out the Wednesday before WM4, IIRC; it's not THAT close a call. Basil DeVito mentioned how serious a problem this mini-scandal was in the 'WrestleMania' book.

They actually broke kayfabe in that book?

Guest LooneyTune

I've read it once, and it's way too kayfabed to take seriously sometimes. Seemed as if everything was written by Vince McMahon. The only "insider stuff" is quite boring, like Skydome box office being dicks or stuff like that.

The coffee-table book put out in 2000? Yeah, it's more 'inside' than anything else they had published prior to that time.

Guest news_gimmick

I can't wait for the moment when Eddie destroys the 619 cam. I HATE HATE HATE that thing.

Eddy as a heel again excites me, but the only way he can get over-I think- is if he completely renounces the lying, cheating, and stealing, barring a *snapping* type storyline where he just goes insane and bloodies Rey to a pulp and tries to rip off his mask. Something drastic. And I, too wish to see the death of the 619 cam. I hate that thing almost as much as I hate Andy Ragland.

Remember the Kid Cam? WCW's answer to GTV?

Guest news_gimmick

Yah I definately remember that, but he didn't repeatedly bring it to the ring as Rey does now. I may be mistaken, but I think HBK had like a Klique cam or something back during his title run in 96. Anyone else remember that or is it just me? I also seem to remember it in an old WWF magazine from around that time too.

Didn't smackdown magazine spoil Angle's heel turn last year too? Mentioning a match isn't so bad if it's not a title match(something like the Rock/Brock thing). I remember Flair/Savage was announced in WWF magazine when Hogan/Flair was announced on television. However, there was no storyline to it and it simply said it was a true wrestling fan dream match. I agree they do need to organize this stuff better and they wonder why when stuff like Orton asking Taker for a match doesn't surprise most of the audience with the reaction not being that much of a shock.

Guest LooneyTune

How many people actually read WWE magazines these days? I can understand back in the day when WWF still was kayfabed to hell on T.V., but now everythings exposed to the point it's laughable to read those rags.

You know, there are people that don't have access to the internet. Seeing as Rey and Eddie are the tag team champions, I don't see how this match is even remotely predictable to someone who only knows what they see watching the shows.

How many people actually read WWE magazines these days? I can understand back in the day when WWF still was kayfabed to hell on T.V., but now everythings exposed to the point it's laughable to read those rags.

I agree they are brutal. I only still subscribe to collect the mags. Besides, often they still have at least good pictures, plus The Coachs column In RAW lol

Savage vs Flair, the whole angle basically ran through the WWF mag, with the fake Liz pics and all, wish I still had my old mags but all of them thru 94 were destroyed in a flood. DAMN IT ALL TO HELL (in best JR voice)