TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mountie

Lame finisher names

No 5 Knuckle Shuffle? That is LAME, I'm sorry. Also, much as I love him, I hate the concept of calling it a London Star Press, London Callling is much better, albeit still lame. Other than the 3D, the Dudleyz have lame finisher moves too, the Bubba Bomb, Bubba Cutter, Saving Grace

Guest Mordecai's Cathedral

Five Knuckle Shuffle

Wham Bam Thank You Ma'm

Takin' Care Of Business

Barn Burner

The Clap

Kick Of Death

Berkulator

Berkoset

New Jersey Jam

Total Penetration

I second Angle Slam. 'Olympic Slam' sounded much better.

Word to the herd. I got pissed when they changed it.

I thought they had to change it. I remember reading something about the Olympic commission winning a case that the WWE couldn't say that Kurt Angle won the Olympic gold medals nor use any other reference to the Olympics. That's years ago, though.

They'd never be able to win a case where WWE wouldn't be able to refer to them or to Angle as an Olympic gold medalist, because he IS an Olympic gold medalist, and they're not slandering the Olympics. That would be like suing Time Magazine for talking about the President.

I have to say that Scotty 2 Hotty's finisher has to have the worst name.

"The Worm?" Sorry but that reminds me of tequila and fishing not wrestling.

"The Worm?"  Sorry but that reminds me of tequila and fishing not wrestling.

Course, it shouldn't really even be considered a finisher anyway. To the people that usually compare The Worm to The People's Elbow, at least the People's Elbow actually LOOKED devestating and finished off Main Event level people. The Worm should have stayed a set up move for...um...whatever Grandmaster Sexay's finisher was.

Course, it shouldn't really even be considered a finisher anyway. To the people that usually compare The Worm to The People's Elbow, at least the People's Elbow actually LOOKED devestating and finished off Main Event level people. The Worm should have stayed a set up move for...um...whatever Grandmaster Sexay's finisher was.

I know it shouldn't but sadly it has been a finisher for him. The only thing that move would hurt is my dignity if I had to sell it.

The Hip Hop Drop?

The Worm is the perfect name for the move, though. I mean...HE DOES THE WORM BEFORE THE CHOP! Hence why it's called "The Worm": he does the dance move known as "the worm" during it.

The worst I ever heard was Big Show's "alley-oop." The move itself was worse than the name, though.

I actually like the "Steiner Recliner."

I think the "Lion Tamer" is a cheesy name for a move, but better than the "Walls of Jericho."

I think the "Lion Tamer" is a cheesy name for a move, but better than the "Walls of Jericho."

You think that's bad?

I remember a line of WCW Action Figures that were set to come out...turning the wrestlers into things related to their finishers.

Goldberg was a construction worker (Jackhammer)

Bret Hart was a mobster with a machine gun (Sharpshooter)

and of course, Jericho was a Lion Tamer with whip and chair.

You think that's bad?

I remember a line of WCW Action Figures that were set to come out...turning the wrestlers into things related to their finishers.

Goldberg was a construction worker (Jackhammer)

Bret Hart was a mobster with a machine gun (Sharpshooter)

and of course, Jericho was a Lion Tamer with whip and chair.

Those, even Jericho with the chair, aren't that bad.

The whip, however? BDSM and WCW don't tie together, in my books.

Here's another one, the world's strongest slam.

He is/was the worlds strongest man.

West Coast Pop is a really queer name as well.

Rey is from the West Coast.

Not really a finisher, but the "BK Bomb" is a pretty lame name. It sounds like something from the menu at Burger King.

His initials perhaps?

RKO makes sense though. It is not only his actual initials, it is a reference to the old movie studio and also works as Randy's Knock Out. So I don't consider it that bad.

Sweet Chin Music is pretty bad. How a chin is related to music in anyway is beyond me. Maybe it's meant to mean the sound it makes when he kicks someone in the jaw like when Test used to slap his thigh, I don't think it was ever explained though.

When I heard RKO the first time, I thought Randy's Knock Out.

They have refered to tuning up the band.

I never have cared for the "Three Amigos". Yeah, I know it's not a finishing move, but the name blows.

Like the 3 musketeers maybe but hes latin.

Showstopper (he stops himself?)

He finishes the match with it maybe?

Surprised no one has mentioned it, but I always thought the Pedigree was the dumbest name for a move ever.

I like it. Hes the 'man' for so long in the WWE.

"Shining Wizard" is just lame.

Never got that.

The Unprettier.

Cuase ramming someone face first would normally break their face, making them unpretty?

I don't mind dates on moves in Japan, but I don't like it when other people do it, because it comes off like them trying to act Japanese. Low Ki for example, who tries to act Japanese in many ways. He irritates me by doing that and also by (though I've by no means closely followed his career) seemingly never losing. I've seen several of his matches and he lost once, after getting cracked in the dome with a ball bat. I'm sure he has his share of losses, but it comes off that way when you're not into the scene. He also looks like a monkey and talks with a ridiculous voice.

He looks Japanese to me.

I think the Brock Lock was also known as the Stretch Muffler, not sure.

Strech Muffler is its generic name.

chin music is a baseball term used for when a pitcher throws inside and hits or nearly misses the players face. I guess in shawns terms, the kick connects with the opponents chin, knocking him out, the sound being the "music" its better soudnign than the generic "superkick" or as Gorilla used to call it "crescent kick"

chin music is a baseball term used for when  a pitcher throws inside and hits or nearly misses the players face.  I guess in shawns terms, the kick connects with the opponents chin, knocking him out, the sound being the "music"  its better soudnign than the generic "superkick" or as Gorilla used to call it "crescent kick"

And in addition to this, he tunes up the band before he hits it, hence the "music" reference.

I don't mind dates on moves in Japan, but I don't like it when other people do it, because it comes off like them trying to act Japanese. Low Ki for example, who tries to act Japanese in many ways.

Super Dragon is worse at this, I think. His name, and the names are his finishers (Psycho Driver, Supernatural Driver, and especially the Violence Party) are really faux-Japanese, and it's slightly annoying. I guess it's kind of his gimmick, though.

One thing that really bothers me is how the WWF never tapped deeply enough into Meat's finisher-name potential. Sure, the Meat Grinder was cool/stupid, but what about...

The Meat Missile (Missile Dropkick)

The Meat Locker (Bearhug)

The Meat Pounder (Polish Hammer)

The Meathook (STF or Aries' Fishhook Stretch)

Gold, I tell you! Now I must think of more.