TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Did anybody get a PSP?

So I got the Slim and Lite myself, what would be games that you guys would suggest?

I already own: NBA Live 08, Sega Genesis Collection, Mind Quiz, with Capcom Classics Reloaded on the way.

Is the Smackdown vs. Raw Series worth it? Was thinking about the 08 version. What about the two GTA games as well?

Going through this thread, thankfully I didn't get the original version of the PSP, sounded like it was built with problems from the get go.

Also, anyone used this program called DVDFab? Apparently all it takes is a few clicks and then you can back up your DVD's to your PSP.

Yeah, the GTA games on PSP are pretty good. You should have little trouble finding either of them and they are at least $15-$20

I'd also recommend both Syphon Filter games too.

I thought SmackDown vs. RAW 2008 was alright, but you would probably be better off renting it first though. I did have some fun with the 24/7 mode.

Yeah, the GTA games on PSP are pretty good. You should have little trouble finding either of them and they are at least $15-$20

I'd also recommend both Syphon Filter games too.

I thought SmackDown vs. RAW 2008 was alright, but you would probably be better off renting it first though. I did have some fun with the 24/7 mode.

Thanks for the advice. One question though, I'm am not 100% sure of this, but is there a Create A Wrestler mode on the PSP 08 version? Also, if so, can you play as the CAW in season mode? If it's yes to both, the road for SAVIO VEGA becoming WWE Champion will begin soon enough.

The GTAs were mentioned earlier, but I'd suggest them if you like the series. They're cheap and relatively easy to find in stores.

Also, both Syphon Filters (Dark Mirror & Logan's Shadow) Same as above regarding price.

If you're into puzzle games, I'd suggest both Lumines titles as well.

Is it just me or has:

a) Interest in the PSP died?

b) Why are their not a lot of new released games, in comparison with all those new DS games out left and right

and

c) Does anyone even own one anymore? The new PSP-3000 series came out a while ago.

I am now a PSP owner with the God of War bundle. Recommendations?

Crisis Core

Dracula X Chronicles

Ratchet and Clank (if you don't have the PS2 version)

Mega Man Powered Up

Gurumin

While I don't own it, I've heard good things about Patapon.

Is it just me or has:

a) Interest in the PSP died?

b) Why are their not a lot of new released games, in comparison with all those new DS games out left and right

and

c) Does anyone even own one anymore? The new PSP-3000 series came out a while ago.

The constant pummeling in software sales by the DS and the low software attach rate hurts it, but there are still titles that do quite well.

There are actually many titles coming out that I'm interested in.

Prinny: Can I really be the hero?

Japanese trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slMNytAc6gE

English trailer (awful dub voice) + preview: http://www.destructoid.com/preview-prinny-...o--114457.phtml

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (see the thread)

Final Fantasy Dissidia

Resistance: Retribution (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9frAktiOT_Q)

(unannounced but expected) Little Big Planet PSP

For the most part, Square is one of the few 3rd parties making money off the games, though.

I just got a PSP for Christmas. I've got Patapon, Daxter, Crisis Core, and Suikoden. I like Patapon in theory, but I get frustrated really quickly when I miss a beat. I got Daxter for $5 at Gamestop and haven't really played it yet, but I've been really enjoying Crisis Core. I'm not starting Suikoden until I finish Final Fantasy. I'm really looking forward to playing Mega Man Powered Up and Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles.

I've been really enjoying Crisis Core.

:headbang:

I got Daxter for $5 at Gamestop and haven't really played it yet, but I've been really enjoying Crisis Core. I'm not starting Suikoden until I finish Final Fantasy.

My distaste for the Jak games, and my distaste for Daxter himself have kept me in the dark about it. Feel free to give detailed impressions about it.

I'm halfway through Crisis Core. The main story seems short, but there are so many missions... so so many. Tedious if you ask me.

Yeah, I'm into the main part, but I keep trudging through the missions because I can't help myself. I wouldn't mind it so much if they were different, but every one is the same as the last.

Yeah, I'm into the main part, but I keep trudging through the missions because I can't help myself. I wouldn't mind it so much if they were different, but every one is the same as the last.

I try to hug the wall to avoid as many encounters as possible. My Zack is strong enough as it is, thanks to judicious materia fusion.

Yeah, wall hugging works well. Also, the missions a bit too numerous but I found them appealing on a level I can't really explain. It's like grinding but more rewarding. You can easily do them at your own pace and just continue on with the story.