TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest fanofcoils

Tugboat vs Steamboat

That reminds me of JR calling Marty Jannetty a young man a few weeks ago.

They must have called him Ricky Steamboat in 1991 because that's when I started watching wrestling and I knew that was his name. I had no prior knowledge of his NWA work. I'm even thinking they announced him to the ring as Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat at SummerSlam 91 but I don't feel like verifying this at the moment.

well since jr is in or near his 60s marty is a "young man" compared to him

It may be a wierd topic, but he has gotten 33 replies thus far which is more then alot of recent topics. Speaking of Tugboat out of curiosity myself why was his WM7 match with the Undertaker scrapped at the last minute? It was promoted for weeks leading up to the event then all of a sudden they threw Snuka in there

It may be a wierd topic, but he has gotten 33 replies thus far which is more then alot of recent topics. Speaking of Tugboat out of curiosity myself why was his WM7 match with the Undertaker scrapped at the last minute? It was promoted for weeks leading up to the event then all of a sudden they threw Snuka in there.

As far as I know the match was always supposed to be Taker vs Snuka. Taker squashed Tugboat on the WM preview show "Superstars and Stripes Forever" a week before the PPV. The strange part is I could have sworn I remembered Taker being able to tombstone Tugboat then when I watched the match again for the first time a few years ago on video Taker finished him off with an elbow from the top rope.

It may be a wierd topic, but he has gotten 33 replies thus far which is more then alot of recent topics. Speaking of Tugboat out of curiosity myself why was his WM7 match with the Undertaker scrapped at the last minute? It was promoted for weeks leading up to the event then all of a sudden they threw Snuka in there.

As far as I know the match was always supposed to be Taker vs Snuka. Taker squashed Tugboat on the WM preview show "Superstars and Stripes Forever" a week before the PPV. The strange part is I could have sworn I remembered Taker being able to tombstone Tugboat then when I watched the match again for the first time a few years ago on video Taker finished him off with an elbow from the top rope.

Not to make too big a deal out of it because it is Tugboat here we're talking about, but check out the video below. Gorilla is talking about the WMVII matches that had just been signed and does indeed mention Tugboat taking on Undertaker. Plus I'm almost 100% positive WWF magazine listed this as one of the matches. I actually read that they had changed the match to Snuka b/c the WWF was afraid Taker wouldn't be able to get Tugboat up in the Tombstone, which they really wanted to put over at WM. Oh well like I said it's Tugboat, and no matter who is opponent was going to be they were losing! B-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHJCdHQXxbY...PL&index=31

It may be a wierd topic, but he has gotten 33 replies thus far which is more then alot of recent topics. Speaking of Tugboat out of curiosity myself why was his WM7 match with the Undertaker scrapped at the last minute? It was promoted for weeks leading up to the event then all of a sudden they threw Snuka in there

33 replies thus far? This fucking thread is 4 years old.

Still its a good one so I don't care is was brought back. For the record I would love to see this match

Now?

HaHa no back in the day, not now I wonder was it ever done. Is Tugboat even alive? Was it Boat/Typhoon or Earthquake who died?