TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Opening Day Thread

Some anchor woman on Channel 13 in preparation for the O's game said she hopes the Orioles have another memorable season like 1988.

The Orioles finished 54-107 in 1988!

What, you don't think that was memorable? I sure as hell remember it.

Guest LooneyTune

The Cubs beating the crap out of Vazquez with small ball is fun and entertaining. Who needs Sosa and Alou?

Please don't say the Orioles and Giants.

Way to start the season, losers. Jamie Moyer sucks. He's a slow throwing 42 year old, who gives up a ton of HR's, and the Twins are making him look like the Randy Johnson.

What a great day. The best opening day I have ever been to, and I have been to the last 14 in Cincy. Adam Dunn has a chance to be a very special player, too bad the reds will not be able to afford him after this year. Hopefully, if he leaves cincy he goes to the cubs and not the astros.

Way to start the season, losers. Jamie Moyer sucks. He's a slow throwing 42 year old, who gives up a ton of HR's, and the Twins are making him look like the Randy Johnson.

If it's any consolation, it'd be tied at zero if Sexson were still in Arizona.

It's funny, because everyone's been talking for months about how the Jays are going to have to play small-ball and not rely on the homer and yada yada yada now that Delgado's gone... and they've gone out and hit 3 huge homers today.

Small ball died about five or ten years ago. No one really plays it now.

If I were commissioner, I'd wait a year or two to see how all this steroid stuff turns out, and if things don't change, I'd move all the fences back 20 to 30 feet.

If you ask me, the proliferation of constant homers is what's made the game get boring. Finding ways to move the runners over and manufacture runs is a lot more exciting than hitting the ball over a fence.

Twins need to swith Morneau and Hunter in the batting order. It's not gonna help late in the game, having two lefties back to back in the order.

Do Tony Gwynn and Sutcliffe ever say anything negative? "The Diamondbacks will be a force" Umm, they lost 111 games last year. The Cubs are the obvious force in this game and all they are talking about is the "new" Diamondbacks. And as I type this they are verbally blowing Jeff Moorad. I shouldn't be shocked, I mean it is ESPN

Richie Sexson is off to a hot start, 2-3 with 2 hr and 5 rbi. I hope he can stay healthy because I would love to see the Mariners compete this year.

what was he ejected for? throwing a fit? aruging?

He already got the hook and was just running his mouth as he left. Of course, it didn't helped he whistled to get the ump's attention.

Dusty's bringing in the bench players now, even breaking the 62-year-old record of the second baseman playing the whole game on opening day.

what was he ejected for? throwing a fit? aruging?

Being Carlos. Basically celebrating getting out of a jam while informing the umpire he disagrees with his calling on certain pitches in the polite manner than Carlos is known for.

It's funny, because everyone's been talking for months about how the Jays are going to have to play small-ball and not rely on the homer and yada yada yada now that Delgado's gone... and they've gone out and hit 3 huge homers today.

They've still got some guys that can hit homers, they just haven't been. Hinske's living proof of that. That 2-run shot late was just a bomb to straightaway centre.

Hey...WE'RE IN FIRST PLACE!!! :P

Guest Shadow
It's 16-5. Sort of like pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming, I turned the Gamecube on and off to make sure I wasn't playing MVP Baseball '05.

It's reasons like this I love Opening Day.

literally every team starts over anew and all the fans can be all happy because of just the first game's result or complain and grumble about how the season is a lost cause after just the first game.

Al; you likely know this; what's the percentage rate for eventual WS winners winning opening day?

The Cubs beating the crap out of Vazquez with small ball is fun and entertaining. Who needs Sosa and Alou?

Please don't say the Orioles and Giants.

and some people wonder why the yanks were so willing to give up on vazquez?

saw the end of the mets-red, and god did they ever crush those two homers. Mets spent too much on hitting and an ace starter when they really need a closer.yikes

Guest Shadow

Pedro's going to have a frustrating year with that bullpen.

Like Randy Johnson 2004 frustrating. at least he can hope his bats provide him some help but unlike randy, he can't go 7-8-9 to help his case. He basically is usually good for 6 great innings.

It's 16-5. Sort of like pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming, I turned the Gamecube on and off to make sure I wasn't playing MVP Baseball '05.

It's reasons like this I love Opening Day.

literally every team starts over anew and all the fans can be all happy because of just the first game's result or complain and grumble about how the season is a lost cause after just the first game.

Al; you likely know this; what's the percentage rate for eventual WS winners winning opening day?

It has to be an utterly meaningless statistic. Without looking (and I'll go back 20 years on this and check), it is probably within .05 percentage points of their average win/loss record over the course of a season.