TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tbondrage99

Batman: Hush

I was just wondering just how good it was since Im planning on ordering Vol. 1 & 2 for $16 each and was just wanting to know if its worth it.

That sounds a little expensive, specially if what you're ordering are the softcover versions. I think you can do better price-wise, maybe on amazon.com or somewhere else.

Now, regarding the book itself, I found it pretty darn enjoyable, but nowhere near the ga-ga level that some people might express. The whole "Jim Lee draws Batman!" is/was blown WAY out of proportion by the die-hard fanbase. Granted, the art is spectacular (I'm a big Jim Lee fan myself) and no doubt is what drew those tremendous sales numbers for the entire run. Now compare to Jim Lee's run in Superman: the first couple of issues were huge sales-wise, but the title has fizzled and surely will settle at its usual sales level (read: poor) afterwards. Bottom Line, Lee is what made the series a smash. Don't be fooled by the commercial success.

But don't get me wrong. Jeph Loeb does a tremendous job in writing a compelling story that has many twists and turns. and gives a lot of focus to many characters of the Bat-family. Batman's decisions throuout the series could be somewhat questionable for his character, but they seem widely accepted by now. I won't spoil anything in case somebody hasn't read it, but the Jason Todd thing and the final revelation are quite pleasant surprises. It's a fine story, but I'm sure there are quite a few better out there.

I'd recommend it, no doubt. Just not highest recommendation, yet. I'm sure other greater Bat-fans on the board can give a better analysis, though. Just my two cents.

I'd reccommend it. It's not like it's the greatest Bats story ever, but Lee's art is great as usual and Loeb's story reads like a summer blockbluster movie...lots of characters and mayhem. He does a good job at getting everyone involved in the story.

Who did it turn out to be?

Bruce's childhood friend Tommy Elliot. However, recent Gotham Knights issues have revealed that Hush isn't Elliot. Lieberman hasn't made a revelation yet, but I'm sure it's coming since GK has become an unofficial Hush title.

Well its offical, tonight I ordered Hush vol. 1 & 2. They only cost $13 each, which I didnt think was that bad. I also got DC Countdown. So now begins the waiting game.

Who did it turn out to be?

Bruce's childhood friend Tommy Elliot. However, recent Gotham Knights issues have revealed that Hush isn't Elliot. Lieberman hasn't made a revelation yet, but I'm sure it's coming since GK has become an unofficial Hush title.

If it was Elliot, who the hell didn't see that coming a mile away. Attempts to revise the story and make it someone besides Elliot are just silly, since the only way for the story to work, as unremarkable as it is, is for Hush to be Elliot.

While the art was great, the story left a lot to be desired.

Well I got Hush Vol. 1 & 2 on Thursday about 3 weeks faster then I thought I would and just finished reading it a few minutes ago. To put it simply, I thought it was fantastic. Not my favorite Batman story by far but its in the top five. The Long Halloween still regins as number one on that list.