TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Taker666

John Cena to modify the WWE Championship

So do you think Cena modifing the WWE title is a good idea? does it even matter if he does?

being that Cena is one of the most over superstars on SD!, I think it could be a good thing. the fans caught on quick with the Spinner US title, and whatever design Cena makes for the WWE title, I'am sure the fans will eat that up aswell. instant money maker IMO.

Depends on whether the change is good or not. I dislike the current version of the belt and would prefer it if Cena brought in a "retro" version of it (cougheaglecough) rather than a hippityhop version like he did with the US title.

Depends on whether the change is good or not. I dislike the current version of the belt and would prefer it if Cena brought in a "retro" version of it (cougheaglecough) rather than a hippityhop version like he did with the US title.

Hell, he could make that a "hippityhop" thing and call it a throwback belt (it is "throwback", right?)

It'd be kind of nice to see the ooold WWF title again, which was replaced once Trips got to be "Undisputed" champion.

Although Cena basically came out and said that "traditionalists" would hate what he was going to do with it.

Guest Shadow

Actually, if you think about it. Him coming out with the old school winged eagle belt WOULD piss off the "traditionalists". Wouldn't these traditionalists hate the idea of this brash young punk carrying around the belt that once meant something?

I know...

He can bring out the Winged Eagle...

But the WWF logo is turned into the Old School WWE logo Cena wore on some merchandise...and the centerpiece spins.

He's going to do away with the "belt" altogether, and instead create something that he wears around his neck, and that'll be known as the WWE Title.

the winged eagle is too small. bring back the Attitude era title. PERFECT!

better than the tag team championship looking one they adopted as the WWE Undisputed Championship.

Question: If Cena is telling the wrestling traditionalists to kiss his ass in regards to his belt modding while JBL finds it terrible... and the majority of the people that wanted a title shot on SD! were face... are they doing a double turn?

I'm assuming not, with the idea being that traidtion bites and all that jazz and Cena is the new stuff so hola hola lookat this bling... but still...

He's going to do away with the "belt" altogether, and instead create something that he wears around his neck, and that'll be known as the WWE Title.

well that'd suit Angle just fine, wouldn't it?

You mean birdman?

What if Cena modified the eagle belt so that the wings moved? Would Cena also do the Dave Chapelle bird call?

No...but his entrance music would have to start off with...

"BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRDMAN!"

This thread made me think...

Austin should appear once on either Smackdown or a joint brand PPV and go face to face with Cena after Cena debuts the new belt.

Just a thought I had.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Throwbacks aren't really that "in" in the "hippity-hop" scene anymore.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Nothing can be as bad as his version of the U.S. Title. I never thought something could make me wish to see the crappy regular version of it.

Nothing can be as bad as his version of the U.S. Title. I never thought something could make me wish to see the crappy regular version of it.

I still stand by my belief that both the regular WWE US Title and the Cena version are still better than the REALLY old version where the front plate was shaped like the Continental US.

Nothing can be as bad as his version of the U.S. Title.  I never thought something could make me wish to see the crappy regular version of it.

I still stand by my belief that both the regular WWE US Title and the Cena version are still better than the REALLY old version where the front plate was shaped like the Continental US.

us.jpg

WCW U.S. Title>WWE US Title, Cena's US Title, "Continental" US Title.

Birdman Lugz

The World is Germs.

Guest Salacious Crumb
Nothing can be as bad as his version of the U.S. Title.  I never thought something could make me wish to see the crappy regular version of it.

us.jpg

WCW U.S. Title>WWE US Title, Cena's US Title, "Continental" US Title.

I think the one from the late 80s is almost as good as that.

Guest Ransome

I'm for it. The current WWE Heavyweight title (that is, the original Undisputed title from 2002) never looked that good anyway, so he's not exactly desecrating a national treasure. It's fitting with his character, and establishing a distinctive character is what wrestling superstars need.