TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

MLB Thread

Man, 150 games left. Please. Didn't Oakland start like 0-13 a couple of years ago and make the playoffs? The only thing i'm worried about is Alex getting all nervous everytime he's up in a big spot. No sweat my ass.

Great point

and I dont want to hear mets fans laughs and such, cuz despite being a hardcore fan, I dont hate on the mets, save for when they are playing the NYY.  Cmon NY has to stick together against the onslaught of middleamerica

Please fuck off. You Yankee fans have been feasting on the entrails of Mets and Red Sox fans for years and now you beg off like Ric Flair. What now, you gonna poke us in the eyes now?

DISCLAIMER: This post above is not meant to be taken seriously (like the Yankees' rotation right now), it's just Noo Yawkian humor. Ya know, humor, something them Middle Americans don't understand? ;)

LOL I understand. Nothing like a little convo filled with insults that anyone outside NY will understand. Great times.

And the only time I made fun of the Mets was to my cousin's husabnd who is a lifelong mets fan. seriously. I didn't brag about the subway world series either. Only just annoyed Californinas who didnt want to hear about it. Though now I can just make fun of The Lakers so thats taken.

:cheers:

Guest LooneyTune

You know, you could've combined all those posts into one with the "copy and paste" technique for the quotes, instead of 4 replies in a row.

Finally... maybe a new team will be on top of the AL East instead of the same thing with New York and Boston. I'd welcome Toronto in 1st place if it meant something different.

You know, you could've combined all those posts into one with the "copy and paste" technique for the quotes, instead of 4 replies in a row.

Finally... maybe a new team will be on top of the AL East instead of the same thing with New York and Boston. I'd welcome Toronto in 1st place if it meant something different.

who's your team looney? I don't think it matters much if your team is not in that division but that's just me.

What I mean is, I can care less who is doing what, only thing I really pay attention to is the Yankees (and its tough considering I dont get too see pretty much 90 perecnt of the season games). Sure I like baseball and on occasion I watch some good matchups, but I don't get really into it unless it involves my team. Maybe I'm not a true MLB fan then but hey that's just me. I can see why others might get tired of the same teams in the playoffs, but it doesn't really bother me much.

Hope that makes sense. and I wasn't trying to make fun of you looney. Hope you get that.

and I'm sorry about the four straight posts

So I guess "New York humor" means "shitty humor"

Better than your incredibly Kaz Matsui-esque efforts at humor.

PS: Jerichoholic sucks

So I guess "New York humor" means "shitty humor"

Better than your incredibly Kaz Matsui-esque efforts at humor.

PS: Jerichoholic sucks

NY humor entails incredible sarcasm, intellectual thoughts, crazy insults, and generally just stuff that goes over the head of at least 98 perecent of the population.

And by insults I mean we greet each other with such phrases as "hey, f*ck you" and reply back with stuff like "yea f*ck your mother"

For further info, I suggest watching the movie "A Bronx Tale" (although A lot of that is Italian NY Humor it still gives a good example)

Hope I clarified that a bit.

and Deranged Hermit,

I take that as a compliment. Thank you :D