TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

MLB Thread

Fuck the Bosox and the Yankees. The Orioles are gonna be in sole position of first in the AL East by the time they're done with Tampa.

All three Sox/Yankees games will air on ESPN this week. Not that it matters, because I have the exquisite pleasure of watching the Michael Kay kiss Jeter's ass on the YES Network feed. We've also got a SF/LA series this week, as well as an LA Angels/Oakland series this weekend.

All three Sox/Yankees games will air on ESPN this week. Not that it matters, because I have the exquisite pleasure of watching the Michael Kay kiss Jeter's ass on the YES Network feed. We've also got a SF/LA series this week, as well as an LA Angels/Oakland series this weekend.

The funny thing about Kay is that hes two faced. When hes announcing games on YES, hes a total 100%Yankee fan, and won't critisize a single thing they do. But when it comes to his ESPN radio show, he has no problems bashing them. I'm not sure if thats him being two faced, or if its him just trying to keep his job at the station the NY papers refer to as Al Yankazera.

I hope I get to see the World Series ring ceremony today. I called off work and everything.

Disappointing start to the season for the Sox. Clement looked a touch wild at times yesterday. OMW had better sit him down and get his control up to par, or else.

Swept by the Reds, took the last game of a Braves series by coming back against Smoltz who was striking them out all over the place but Martinez kept the Mets in it. I hope they finish last because that is one unlikable team, I'm sorry.

you're right, they're very unlikable and they're my favorite team... *sigh* guess I always have football season to look forward to since the Knicks aren't doing shit...

Very nice ring ceremony I must say. Great moment as Mariano Rivera gets a huge ovation in his introduction, so he tips his cap at the Red Sox and laughs. Randy Johnson (who was standing next to him) was even laughing.

I've decided to take a break from watching the Mets, it's just not worth it anymore. I'll watch again, but not for a while. So a giant "Fuck You" to this Mets team for making me stop watching baseball. I'll keep track of both leagues, watch the occasional game (non-Met) and look for general baseball news, but that's it. I still love the game, but the franchise has finally beaten me down. And this is coming from someone who watched every game of the 1993 Mets.

I've decided to take a break from watching the Mets, it's just not worth it anymore.  I'll watch again, but not for a while.  So a giant "Fuck You" to this Mets team for making me stop watching baseball.  I'll keep track of both leagues, watch the occasional game (non-Met) and look for general baseball news, but that's it.  I still love the game, but the franchise has finally beaten me down.  And this is coming from someone who watched every game of the 1993 Mets.

LOL

"If we win one today, that's TWO IN A ROW. If we win one tomorrow, that's a winning streak. It HAS HAPPENED BEFORE."

6-4 Mets. HURR I'M THE ASTROS OUTFIELD

EDIT: 8-4 Mets. Holy shit

That's not very fan like.

Don't come trumpeting back if they manage to move into first.

I agree, but keep in mind I've watched every game practically since 1984, since I was 5. It's just a break, not a permanent departure. A hiatus if you will. I WILL watch again. Whether the Mets came back in this game is inconsequential, I need this break for my sanity.

Guest LooneyTune

Yankees getting their ass handed to them, and the way their defense is today, it's not undeserved.

1-0 losses hurt, but moreso when the one run was unearned. I question Neifi Perez batting second. Why did we get Hairston again? And a day after being a hero, Burnitz shoulda just stayed in bed, since his error led to the single run and he struck out on terrible pitches with the tying run in scoring position. Twice!