TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Black Lushus

XBox

Guest Vitamin X

Oh, my mistake. I was under the impression that they'd be getting it in January. I like that they delayed it a bit to work out any possible bugs.. Bioware was probably swamped with complaints on KOTOR II.

Guest MikeSC
Some people got it yesterday, but still, far from "a while." I'd like to hear opinions on it from people here who get the game.

Cool game, but combat seems a bit wonky.

Oh, my mistake. I was under the impression that they'd be getting it in January. I like that they delayed it a bit to work out any possible bugs.. Bioware was probably swamped with complaints on KOTOR II.

Bioware didn't make KOTOR II.

-=Mike

I'm playing it now. It seems cool, but combat feels really jerky and choppy. So much so I'm wondering if it's my Xbox messing up.

Guest MikeSC
I'm playing it now. It seems cool, but combat feels really jerky and choppy. So much so I'm wondering if it's my Xbox messing up.

Mine seems to freeze up during cut scenes all of the time.

-=Mike

Guest Vitamin X

Bioware didn't make KOTOR II.

That explains it.

The reason Bioware passed on developing KOTOR II was because they wanted to dedicate themselves to the Jade Empire project. The new developer (I know the name, but can't think of it for some reason) did use the same engine and was helepd a lot in the beginning by Bioware.

I think that the reason KOTOR II is so buggy (from what I hear; I haven't played it) is because they rushed it out several months early for the Christmas season.

I thought KOTOR II was great until the very end when it just completely fell apart. You can tell it was rushed since there's files floating around on the net of cutscenes that got cut from the game.

To be fair, though, a lot of stuff was cut from the first game according to a dveloper interview in an issue of EGM from the time. I'd have to check on the exact month and issue number.

The story was written by a different team of writers, too, which helps explain why it starts to fall apart after a bit. Instead of working on KOTORII, Bioware went to work on Jade Empire, which is what KOTORII should have been.

Do you need XBox live to DL updated rosters, patches, content, etc. or is XBox live just for playing against other people?

Oh and on Fable it says something about "XBox Live Aware"....what exactly is that?

Guest Vitamin X

There's also this program that Flyboy is all jazzed about that you can download rosters from, althogh I'm not entirely sure how it works or what it's called.

*Bump*

Happened to get my own Xbox for the first time too, I've got World Series of Poker, Simpsons- Hit and Run, Spiderman 2, Fable, and X-men Legends for it so far.

Guest MikeSC

Hate Poker, but the rest are extremely solid titles. Also look into "Metal Arms" and "Project Snowblind". Should be cheap and you can't go wrong with either.

Picked up Tom Clancy Classic Trilogy and ESPN MLB 2K5 for 19.82 each at Wal-mart, also have seen James Bond- Everything or Nothing for 10 bucks at Meijer, might get it.

*Bump*

Happened to get my own Xbox for the first time too, I've got World Series of Poker, Simpsons- Hit and Run, Spiderman 2, Fable, and X-men Legends for it so far.

Spiderman and XMen are good buys...I tell you what though, I liked the concept of Fable, but, like most critics out there have already said, it kinda left a sour taste in my mouth...it was too short and wasn't as vast option-wise as it probably should have been...

WSOP blows. If you need to get a poker game, get Stacked when it comes out. Better AI, from what I've read.

Or you could just download one of the billion poker apps out there and just play for free, if you wish. AI is kinda lousy though, since people are stupid.

Guest MikeSC

Hell, since I already have my XBox 360 (and a shitload of other stuff) already purchased, I can't justify buying another XBox title. The game saves don't transfer, God only knows what games will be compatible, and since MS has already abandoned all first-party support, the 3rd party plans will be shelved before next year is out.