TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

CM Punk to be on Heat this week

Jesus (Aaron Aguilera) was released by World Wrestling Entertainment today, according to a source close to the situation. He had been out of action after neck surgery following a short run as a bodyguard for Carlito Caribbean Cool on the Smackdown brand, including a PPV bout against John Cena.

Also released today was former ECW star Chilly Willy (Will Jones), who was signed to a developmental deal and had been training in Ohio Valley Wrestling. Jones signed in November 2004 after returning to the United States from Iraq, where he earned a purple heart serving in the United States Army. Jones had been appearing on OVW TV in recent weeks, including an interview with Jim Cornette where he discussed serving in Iraq.

Ring of Honor regular CM Punk worked the Raw taping earlier tonight in a tag match taped for Heat against Maven and Simon Dean. I don't have much else in the way of results other than Joey Matthews and Johnny Nitro working a dark match, so if you attended tonight's Raw taping, feel free to send a report.

Speaking of the Raw taping, I've already heard of one instance of a pro-Matt Hardy sign that read "I'll Miss Matt" being confiscated by security.

--PWInsider.com

Guest Shadow

Im not even going to the roh fourm now if CM Punk jobbed to dean or maven. Hopefully his partner did the job.

Guest ian.

His partner did do the job. Punk played the face in peril, and got a few kicks in. He got a nice sized "CM Punk" chant, too.

I didn't really catch his name, he didn't really look recognizable though.

Anything else interesting about the match? Or pretty vanilla, normal stuff?

Guest ian.

Typical Dean/Maven match, like I said, the only offense punks team got in was punk kicking dean in the head a few times. Paint by numbers tag match.

Guest Shadow

well i cant see what's taking Punk so long to get a contract.

He has a great look, cuts a fantastic promo, has a ready made gimmick, has the support of Mick Foley, Ricky Steamboat and Harley Race.

Flair respects what steamboat and race feel, you'd think he'd pass it onto Trips by now.

How sick would it be if they signed Punk and he became Evolution's newest member?

I'll tell you. Not very. Can you say "watered down"?

Guest Shadow

I can't honestly see how he'd be an evolution of anything with Flair and HHH.

He'd have the same size problem that every other independent talent has. So, he would never get a fair chance against the "big boys" and would be stuck on Heat or Velocity every week. And even if they did offer him a contract, as big as he currently is on the indy scene, he would probably go the A.J. Styles route and decline.

Speaking of the Raw taping, I've already heard of one instance of a pro-Matt Hardy sign that read "I'll Miss Matt" being confiscated by security.

This is really, really pathetic. I mean, what does WWE have against people having a Matt Hardy releated sign?

I hate the fact that Edge and Lita are still be featured on TV while Matt gets the boot. Gotta love WWE logic.

who did masters squash on RAW?

who did masters squash on RAW?

Skyfire.

Didn't Jason Jett (EZ Money) use the nickname "Skyfire" when he was in WCW.