TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

My thoughts so far:

I'm surprised the Nets couldn't take at least ONE game from the Heat.

Is it just me or does it look like Shaq isn't himself right now? The Pistons are going to eat the Heat alive if they play each other.

I'm glad that Philly was able to get a game from the Pistons, but the Pistons are clearly the better team.

I'm not the biggest Iverson fan in the world, but I know a competitor when I see one.

Who the fuck does Antoine Walker think he is that he can just forearm somebody in the chest? His ass was dead wrong for that.

The Mavericks finally started playing some ball and evened up the series with the Rockets. I didn't get to see those two games, but I assumed the Rockets were going to close this series out at home.

Does Flyboy still like it better this way?

Watching the Suns play is like watching a video game. So much for the Grizzlies being a tough matchup for them.

The Nuggets were fortuante to take Game 1, but i think it's safe to say that the dream is dead.

The Sonics Kings series has just been boring. The Sonics get ahead, go on cruise control and let the Kings back into the game before finally putting them away for good inside the last minute of the game.

I don't like these new Kings. They have no personality anymore. Sure it might have been a bithcy, whiny one, but at least they used to have one.

The Wizards and Bulls should just take the best twelve players from both teams combined if they want to have any chance of making the Eastern Conference Finals. Right now, all they're doing is wearing each other out to lose in the next round.

Last but not least, I still think they should go back to a 5 game series. What will we learn from a 7 game first round series that we can't learn in 5? The Heat and Suns could sweep their teams even worse? The 4 & 5 seed teams are closely matched teams that can trade wins at each other's courts? The 7 seeds can beat the 2 seeds one time and get beat the rest? The NBA might make more money from these longer first round series, but they're hurting their product.

Last but not least, I still think they should go back to a 5 game series. What will we learn from a 7 game first round series that we can't learn in 5? The Heat and Suns could sweep their teams even worse? The 4 & 5 seed teams are closely matched teams that can trade wins at each other's courts? The 7 seeds can beat the 2 seeds one time and get beat the rest? The NBA might make more money from these longer first round series, but they're hurting their product.

I'd love to see the NBA ditch the first round altogether and switch to an eight team format, but that is not financially feasible.

I'd love to see the NBA ditch the first round altogether and switch to an eight team format, but that is not financially feasible.

16 teams is a bit much. I just think the 2-3 months for the playoffs is absurd. It's like a new season.

I've been trashing this whole best of 7 thing during the thread as well. The world does not need a crappy Pacers/Celtics series to go 7. Hell has there even been a good game in that series yet? Nothing worse than watching two teams squash each other. And yes I still hope the Pacers win because Pistons/Celtics has ZERO charm or marketability, no heat, nada.

You know what this Sonics/Kings series is? It's like an NCAA tourney game of the 8/9 seeds in the 1st round, where you know the winner will just get trashed by a 1 the next round.

And now I'd like to laugh at Scottie Pippen for saying the Grizzlies were better than the Suns. What a fucking joke.

Show of hands. Who wants to see Sonics/Kings go to 7? None? Who wants to watch any of the games? None again?

Who wants to hear about OU?

No one?

Thought so.

I've been trashing this whole best of 7 thing during the thread as well. The world does not need a crappy Pacers/Celtics series to go 7. Hell has there even been a good game in that series yet? Nothing worse than watching two teams squash each other. And yes I still hope the Pacers win because Pistons/Celtics has ZERO charm or marketability, no heat, nada.

You know what this Sonics/Kings series is? It's like an NCAA tourney game of the 8/9 seeds in the 1st round, where you know the winner will just get trashed by a 1 the next round.

And now I'd like to laugh at Scottie Pippen for saying the Grizzlies were better than the Suns. What a fucking joke.

You do realize the Sonics split the the series between both San Antonio and Denver right? And beat them both at home and on the road?

Now that the Nets are done, start placing your bets in the "how long until Jason Kidd starts crying about the coaching and gets Lawrence Frank fired" pool.

I've been trashing this whole best of 7 thing during the thread as well.  The world does not need a crappy Pacers/Celtics series to go 7.  Hell has there even been a good game in that series yet?  Nothing worse than watching two teams squash each other.  And yes I still hope the Pacers win because Pistons/Celtics has ZERO charm or marketability, no heat, nada. 

You know what this Sonics/Kings series is?  It's like an NCAA tourney game of the 8/9 seeds in the 1st round, where you know the winner will just get trashed by a 1 the next round.

And now I'd like to laugh at Scottie Pippen for saying the Grizzlies were better than the Suns.  What a fucking joke.

You do realize the Sonics split the the series between both San Antonio and Denver right? And beat them both at home and on the road?

I guess he also forget that they swept the Heat as well.

Everyone forgets that the Sonics were up there with the Suns and Spurs before injuries got to them.

Man if its Spurs vs. Sonics I don't who I'll root for, since I like both teams.

Show of hands. Who wants to see Sonics/Kings go to 7? None? Who wants to watch any of the games? None again?

No one?

Thought so.

Fuck you. You guys complain about me talking about OU but yet you bring it up anytime I talk about something else in another thread. That's funny. You wnat me to quit talking about it. Quit bringing it up in other threads. But since you brought it up I'll talk about it.

Man that Tony Allen is awesome. I really want to get a Tony Allen jersey but people around here at OU still hold ill feelings towards him because he tore OUapart when he played at OSU. But the guy has graduated and doesn't play against OUanymore. So I guess I'll just get the Tony Allen jersey b/c aside from Paul Pierce he's my favorite player on the Celtics. And if anyone at OU has a problem with it then they can bite me. Though I do love OU But I love the Celtics too. But I'll always be an OUfan.

No one?

Thought so.

g_white_i.jpg

Editted for accuracy.

I have an urge to chew some tobacco in the OU library...

Come on over. We always love to have guest at OU. Even if our baseball coach at OUmade some racist remarks. But he's resigned from his position as head coach at OU

You've already lost.  Leave the thread.

You fucking brought the team up. You don't want me to talk about them? Don't bring them up when nobody is talking about them. You did the same thing that you complain I do. So until you quit bitching my OU pimping and homerdom is going to go nuclear during football season. I promise. Stop trolling me with it and there isn't a problem. But if I annoyed you with OU before? You're going to be fucking pulling your hair out now.

But you still failed at your attempted flame.

Badly.

Oh no. I failed at flaming someone on a message board. Guess I'd better go hang myself. I thought it was funny. That's all that really matters to me. I could care less if it amuses you. Why do I care if you're amused? I don't even know your name.

Man I can't wait for football season. My post count is going to sky rocket by 10,000 all in college football threads.

What the fuck was that?

All I understood was hang yourself. Which I heartly endorse. Go get yourself some self respect and hang a belt over the shower curtain and fly.

Oh no. I failed at flaming someone on a message board. Guess I'd better go hang myself.

Please do.

Now that the Nets are done, start placing your bets in the "how long until Jason Kidd starts crying about the coaching and gets Lawrence Frank fired" pool.

In Jason Kidd's defense, Byron Scott was a horrible coach. Honestly, I can't think of a time that Kidd has complained openly and it not being justified.

I could give a shit less what the Sonics did against the Heat, Spurs, or anyone else in the regular season. It's the REGULAR SEASON of the NBA. By definition no one gives a shit, not the players, nobody. Hell the Grizzlies beat the Suns in the reg. season...how'd that work out for them? If the Sonics play the Spurs they'll be gone in 5, maybe 6 games at best.