TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jingus

That's one LONG fucking match

I'm talking about the ECW 4-way-dance off Path of Destruction: Shane Douglas vs. Pitbull #2 vs. Chris Jericho vs. Too Cold Scorpio for the TV title. It's a damn good match, extremely well booked and full of fun spots. But godDAMN does it last for an eternity. We're talking HBK/HHH Hell In A Cell level of just NEVER FUCKING ENDING. I'm dubbing a copy of it for an ex, I started the tapes. I walked out of my room, cooked an entire double-box pot of Hamburger Helper, watched half an episode of Angel, turned on the computer, and then went back into my room to see how the tapes were... and they still hadn't even eliminated anyone from the match yet! Jesus.

I ate some of the hamburger helper, and Angel is almost over, so I just checked it again... and it's STILL GOING. They haven't even got to the part where Francine turns on the Pitbulls. Hamlet is shorter than this match. Das Boot is over in an eyeblink compared to this.

Yeah, I know it's actually less than 50 minutes long, but still, jesus, it seems to take longer to end than your average ironman match.

Damn, wrestling used to rule.

Whatever happened to all these women? Some of them were downright talented, and most of them were pretty hot.

Any other Jacklyn Hyde fans out there? Whoever that woman was, she played the "I'm CRAZY" gimmick better than just about any female wrestler I've ever seen. Victoria shoulda watched tapes of this chick to get her performance right.

Who else feels like eating Hamburger Helper after reading this?

Does anyone know the record for the longest match ever in the WWF, WCW, or ECW?

The longest match in the modern era on TV or PPV? I think the honor goes to Shawn vs. Bret WMXII at something like 62 minutes. All of the companies have had hour-long matches, but that is the only one I can remember than went past an hour in the big leagues.

Of course, the longest match for maybe the last thirty years goes to CM Punk & Chris Hero's 93-minute match, which was a hell of an athletic exhibition but is a cure for insomnia to watch.

Actually, technically, I'm guessing it's one of the Royal Rumble matches. I think some of those have clocked in at a little over 65 minutes. For singles matches, yeah it's Shawn and Bret.

Guest Shadow
The longest match in the modern era on TV or PPV? I think the honor goes to Shawn vs. Bret WMXII at something like 62 minutes. All of the companies have had hour-long matches, but that is the only one I can remember than went past an hour in the big leagues.

Of course, the longest match for maybe the last thirty years goes to CM Punk & Chris Hero's 93-minute match, which was a hell of an athletic exhibition but is a cure for insomnia to watch.

American Dragon Vs Austin Aries-Testing the Limits which goes 75 minutes is probably the best long match over 60 minutes in the last 30 years.

Guest Rrrsh

I loathe that ECW match purely for how long it is. That was one thing that Pual really blew at...time management. Alot of Sabu/RVD vs Random Tag team went stupidly too long.

I loathe that ECW match purely for how long it is. That was one thing that Pual really blew at...time management. Alot of Sabu/RVD vs Random Tag team went stupidly too long.

The way you spelled his name is how a New Englander would pronounce it...

ECW is something I watch like twice a year.

They did a 24-hour match in Chikara last year.

You GOT to be kidding me.

Well, it is Chikara... if anyone would try it, it'd be those wacky bastards. When did it happen, and who did it involve?

Inoki had a 2 hour match didn't he? In the open air?

I vaguely remember hearing something about this... didn't it take place on an island or something?

Why's there wrestling in here?

Cuz it seemed stupid to create a new thread in a "real" folder just to bitch about some match that felt like it's still being wrestled today.

Guest Quality Poster

Some guys that fought for a while, got out to the streets and came back for the next day's show to finish it off, claiming to have wrestled the whole night. Fun stuff.