TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Sounds like K-Rod blew his first save of the year. Two singles to lead off the inning, followed by two K's and wild pitch. I'm not getting the game and Gameday is mucho slow, but looking at the Angels' board, it's clear it's at least a tied game right now. At least something good happened for me fantasy baseball-wise today.

Yup K-Rod did blow it and lost it when Scott Hatteberg singled in two runs on an 0-2 pitch. I await the 10 minute debate on Baseball Tonight talking about K-Rod's lack of closer experience.

Anybody seen Jeff Bagwell?

Through 16 games:

.207/.310/.362, 2 HR, 9 RBI, 10 BB, 13 K

Is it a slump, a side effect of Berkman being out, or is he rolling uncontrollably downhill?

Remember, a lot of people thought the same about him last season until he got it going in July. He's definitely at the end of his rope, but he's not yet an automatic out.

Just watch, this is gonna be another one of those "Yankees get four hit through 7 innings with no runs by a veteran pitcher on his way back or rookie in first or 2nd start."

After you watch the Yankees forever how many years, you know when its one of those games. They think its going to rain, so there trying to hit HRs on every pitch to get a run, so they can have a lead when it get rains out in the 5th. Too bad it won't happen.

Plus the fact it seems Wrights starting to bring the suck again.

EDIT: Come on rain! Start!

While most of those Yankee fans are dumbasses, wouldn't you be pissed when your 21 MILLION dollar pitcher has given up 8, 8, and now 6 runs in three starts this year?

*sigh*

Guest OSIcon

Brian Roberts homered to lead off the game in Toronto. That broke an 0-13 slump for him. Hopefully it is a sign his numbers will stay above average and that is hot start wasn't a complete anamoly.

Michael Kay upset at the crowd booing Jaret Wright for leaving with an injury. I don't mind Kay really, he's a good commentator, but is he serious? Allowing 6 runs, and you expect the crowd NOT to boo Wright?

Oh fuck, I din't actually see the injury until the replay.

That didn't look good.

EDIT: If hes injured, were fucked. Browns back will break down eventuaqlly, and our 4th and 5th starters will be DePaula and Wang. Not that anythings wrong with DePaula, I liked his stuff live last year against the White Sox in his only start.

Michael Kay upset at the crowd booing Jaret Wright for leaving with an injury. I don't mind Kay really, he's a good commentator, but is he serious? Allowing 6 runs, and you expect the crowd NOT to boo Wright?

You can boo him for a crap performance, but not when he leaves for an injury. That is just ignorant. Even if he's faking the injury you give him the "you still royally suck but hope you're ok" clap.

And he ain't faking it....damn.

Right now, those fans are booing everybody. It was more of a "YOU ALL SUCK" booing, than a "I hope you die because of an injury" boo.

EDIT: As soon as he threw the pitch, he grabed his throwing arm in a lot of pain. Give or take, I'd say hes done for the season or he'll be back around August. It didn't look good at all.

The Yankee fans on that board as acting like Randy Quaid in MAJOR LEAGUE II.

I really expect one of them to suggest they bulldoze Yankee stadium with the team still inside.

Dontrelle with ANOTHER shutout through 5.

Jinx.

It was the weirdest homerun ever. Miguel came in first, then kept going back and it actually bounced off the top of the scoreboard and out. Oh well.

Will still most likely move to 4-0.

Piazza is so finished.

Seven runners stranded by him today through the first four innings. At this point, he's holding back the team much more than helping it.

An 8-0 lead on Washington though is very nice.