AL MVP: Brian Roberts, Balt

AL Cy Young: Jon Garland, CWS

AL Rookie of the Year: Tadahito Iguchi, CWS

AL Manager of the Year: Ozzie Guillen, CWS

NL MVP: Derrek Lee, ChC

NL Cy Young: Dontrelle Willis, Fla

NL Rookie of the Year: Clint Barmes, Col

NL Manager of the Year: Jim Tracy, LAD

Brian Roberts and Derrek Lee retain their spots from last week. Garland and Willis earn Cy Young frontrunner status based on their 5-0 records. Garland also leads the league in ERA, while Willis is second in the NL. I see no reason to budge the manager awards. Iguchi barely edges last week's leader, Jeremy Reed, and Clint Barmes widened the gap in the NL.

No arguments there.

The only possible alternative for any of the awards I can see would be Tejada instead of Roberts for the AL MVP. Both are very close in most categories, with the exception of Steals and OBP which both go to Roberts (though Tejada's OBP isn't that far off). I'd probably go with Roberts too but is very close and when you take a look at how both guys are playing, there's no doubt why the O's are playing as wella s they are now.

If the Yankees don't sweep Tampa, I'm officially boycotting them for a week. And question to all those fans of teams who usually suck every year. How bad does it get watching your team suck 162 games a year? They've made the playoffs every year since I started rooting for them.

I'm a Dodger fan, and I know for a fact that I couldn't watch every game when they were down. It's like a slap in the face to the fans of the team when there is consistent failure with no attempt to make changes.

Of course, the media cried the loudest when the team DID make changes.

What the hell, here are your April All-Stars.

AMERICAN LEAGUE

C: Javy Lopez, Baltimore

1B: Richie Sexson, Seattle

2B: Brian Roberts, Baltimore

3B: Alex Rodriguez, New York

SS: Miguel Tejeda, Baltimore

LF: Manny Ramirez, Boston

CF: Johnny Damon, Boston

RF: Vladimir Guerrero, Los Angeles

DH: Shea Hillenbrand, Toronto

SP: Jon Garland, Chicago

CL: Joe Nathan, Minnesota

NATIONAL LEAGUE

C: Paul Lo Duca, Florida

1B: Derrek Lee, Chicago

2B: Jeff Kent, Los Angeles

3B: Chipper Jones, Atlanta

SS: Clint Barnes, Colorado

LF: Adam Dunn, Cincinnati

CF: Brad Wilkerson, Washington

RF: Jose Guillen, Washington

SP: Roger Clemens, Houston

CL: Billy Wagner, Philadelphia

I thought about picking an entire All-Star roster with the one rep per team rule but wasn't Bored enough.

Tejeda over Jeter? Blashpemy. :D

Tejada has 5 more hits, Jeter has one more run, Tejeda has .40 better average, they both have ridiculous OBP, which has me puzzled for the fact it seems Jeter has gotten like xray contacts, and has gone from impatient to leading the AL in walks. Tejada in a walk in HRs and RBIs, plus the Os are winning.

Guest OSIcon
If the Yankees don't sweep Tampa, I'm officially boycotting them for a week. And question to all those fans of teams who usually suck every year. How bad does it get watching your team suck 162 games a year? They've made the playoffs every year since I started rooting for them.

It depends.

When you don't have any expectations, it isn't that hard. I'm an O's fan and still watched plenty of games and followed them every day over their 7 straight losing seasons. The talent wasn't there so I had no expectations for them to do good which got rid of any frustration. Plus, no team "sucks for 162 days a year" so there were still enough exciting and fun wins (or even exciting loses).

I can understand being somewhat more furstrated with the Yankees (the way they are playing now) since there were high expectations for the team. Even so, I think you've just got to chill out a little with this "winning is everything" attitude. I am an Orioles fan, but I am also a baseball fan, so even if they are doing bad I can get enjoyment out of watching the games. Watching your team win is always more fun than watching your team lose, but I don't find a losing season so frustrating that I can't watch anymore.

I am very similar to OSIcon, with one exception. I am a baseball fan, so I can watch baseball games relatively easily without much frustration when the White Sox are winning or losing. But, when they're losing, I hate watching the Sox games themselves. I will watch them regardless, but I usually am screaming and yelling at my TV when they blow it during September. It's extremely frustrating, and I'd much rather watch a different game when they are losing. I just can't turn their game off because I always have faith they'll win, and I like them too much to turn them off.

Jason

Guest Brian

I think you just bite the bullet and watch baseball because you like baseball.

Tejada has 5 more hits, Jeter has one more run, Tejeda has .40 better average, they both have ridiculous OBP, which has me puzzled for the fact it seems Jeter has gotten like xray contacts, and has gone from impatient to leading the AL in walks. Tejada in a walk in HRs and RBIs, plus the Os are winning.

You really want to play this game?

Runs

Tejada: 19

Jeter: 20

Edge: Jeter +1

Hits

Tejada: 37

Jeter: 32

Edge: Tejada +5

Doubles

Tejada: 7

Jeter: 5

Edge: Tejada +2

Home Runs

Tejada: 9

Jeter: 2

Edge: Tejada +7

RBIs

Tejada: 32

Jeter: 11

Edge: Tejada +21

Batting Average

Tejada: .372

Jeter: .340

Edge: Tejada +34

On Base Percentage

Tejada: .417

Jeter: .462

Edge: Jeter +45

Slugging Percentage

Tejada: .737

Jeter: .457

Edge: Tejada +280 (!!!)

So, by my total, that a +304 advantage to Tejada, plus his team is in 1st place with the 2nd best record in baseball, Jeter's is in 4th and 7 games back.

Seriously get over Jeter. Tejada is the best short stop in baseball, and might be the best player in baseball. Regardless Jeter will be voted in as the starter because of the New York market vote and the rest of casual baseball fans have heard of him...

Damon and his 1-4 (HR-SB) over Hunter and his 4-11?  I don't know about all that....

Damon: .365/.404/.479

Hunter: .241/.337/.446

Really no contest.

And by the way I've been an O's fan for the past 15 years, since I was 5 years old. I've always followed the team, watched their games and supported them. I've suffered through some bad years, been part of a couple excellent years that ended in heart break, and then went through some disappointing ones but I never stopped watching or stop caring. Any true fan follows his team through thick and thin and sticks with them. That's why this year is so damn sweet for me and many other O's fans. I sat through those years where Jay Gibbons was our most powerful hitter, saw Mike Mussina walk away, Vlad Guerrero turn us down, saw us robbed in '96, was there live when we let '97 slip away, and looked forward to next year every year. Last year's offseason made me feel like that would be the year, it wasn't and this offseason was much more dismal. I didn't stop watching or caring (heck I had a new team close by as incentive if I wanted to!) and now I feel like my patience and loyalty as a fan is being paid off. I've been to so many Orioles games in the past where the fans sit on their hands and have nothing to cheer about as the opposing team's fans flood the Yard and cheer on another route. Not this year, the games I've been to the crowd has been electric, they know this year is different. I was there when we swept the Yankees and it was such a release because these fans like me sat there for the past 10 years as the Yankees and their fans invaded Baltimore and embarassed us time and time again. This time we could cheer proudly. Anyway, I feel like I'm ranting but I don't want to hear any of this "I'm boycotting my team if they don't start winning" crap. You're not a true fan if you don't stick with your team through the tough times as well as the good times. Especially I don't want to hear it from you Yankees fans. For years you think your team is the center of the fucking universe when they're winning and now you want nothing to do with them. Enjoy your bloated contracts and aging egomaniacs. You reap what you sow.

I really do hope that the O's keep this up to add another horse into the AL East race, but I'm still not totally sold on their pitching just yet. I don't think they'll be able to pick up the slack during the inevitable offensive cooldown (just like what the Yankees are experiencing right now).

'Course, the Sox pitching ain't all roses and sunshine either right now. If the pitching holds (or they trade for another starter to shore it up) I think the O's have a shot to stay in the WC race throughout the season and even have an outside shot at the division if both Boston and New York struggle.

And I totally agree with the "reap what you sow" sentiment. The Yankees have decimated their farm system just like the Sox did in the 90s, which prevented them from building up prospects to trade for starters. No one in their right mind is going to touch Giambi with that contract and Bernie won't fetch anything top of the line either. Who else do they have to give? Unless other teams get involved, the Yankees may be screwed at the deadline while the Sox have Hanley Ramirez, Kevin Youklis (though I want him to stay since Mueller's gone when his contract's up in 2(?) years) and others to grab someone like Roger Clemens (which is the rumor swirling around right now).

You really want to play this game?

Runs

Tejada: 19

Jeter: 20

Edge: Jeter +1

Hits

Tejada: 37

Jeter: 32

Edge: Tejada +5

Doubles

Tejada: 7

Jeter: 5

Edge: Tejada +2

Home Runs

Tejada: 9

Jeter: 2

Edge: Tejada +7

RBIs

Tejada: 32

Jeter: 11

Edge: Tejada +21

Batting Average

Tejada: .372

Jeter: .340

Edge: Tejada +34

On Base Percentage

Tejada: .417

Jeter: .462

Edge: Jeter +45

Slugging Percentage

Tejada: .737

Jeter: .457

Edge: Tejada +280 (!!!)

So, by my total, that a +304 advantage to Tejada, plus his team is in 1st place with the 2nd best record in baseball, Jeter's is in 4th and 7 games back.

Seriously get over Jeter. Tejada is the best short stop in baseball, and might be the best player in baseball. Regardless Jeter will be voted in as the starter because of the New York market vote and the rest of casual baseball fans have heard of him...

See the smile? I was joking.

Sorry, I just get touchy because like I said, I fully expect Jeter to be voted in even if he's hitting .200 (hell he basically was last year) when I know Tejada is so far superior...