TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Guest Mosaicv2

It was funny seeing how ESPN went on Pinellia's side... even though he's a FUCKIN' NUTCASE!

And fuck ESPN for sucking on A-Rod's ass every mintune of the hour for his unbelievable performance... just another excuse to talk about the Yankees again.

Saw this in the new ESPN.com Power Rankings:

"4. Los Angeles Dodgers: Jeff Kent is showing more and more that when it's all said and done he's going to be among those in Cooperstown."

And I said, "WTF???"

Then I thought about it, and said, "WTF????? The only way Kent gets into the Hall of Fame is if he buys a ticket."

I'd love to see a Keltner List on Kent to see if he's as far off as I think he is.

Well in comparison to other second basemen, his numbers are comparable and superior to the best hitting second basemen in the Hall of fame.

Has won an MVP

300 Home Runs, 1200 Rbi's

Career 352 On base, 505 Slugging

His Hall of Fame Monitor is 89. now and he easily has 3 more productive years left.

Essentially, Jeff Kent already has more home runs than any second baseman in the Hall of Fame. If he reaches 350-400 home runs while playing second base it is going to be very, very difficult to ignore his case.

Essentially, Jeff Kent already has more home runs than any second baseman in the Hall of Fame. If he reaches 350-400 home runs while playing second base it is going to be very, very difficult to ignore his case.

You know how pitchers have ERA+? I'd love to see a stat like HR+, that compares home runs to the league average. The home run should not carry nearly as much weight now as it did 30-40 years ago.

Essentially, Jeff Kent already has more home runs than any second baseman in the Hall of Fame.  If he reaches 350-400 home runs while playing second base it is going to be very, very difficult to ignore his case.

You know how pitchers have ERA+? I'd love to see a stat like HR+, that compares home runs to the league average. The home run should not carry nearly as much weight now as it did 30-40 years ago.

There is a statistic called OPS+, that compares a player's OPS to the league average. Here is a list of the second basemen I am aware of that compiled career OPS's at least 20% better than the league average.

Rogers Hornsby 175

Nap Lajoie 150

Eddie Collins 141

Jackie Robinson 132

Joe Morgan 132

Rod Carew 131

Jeff Kent 125

Bobby Grich 125

Charlie Gehringer 124

Paul Molitor 122

Tony Lazzeri 121

George Grantham 121

Joe Gordon 120

Among second basemen, Kent ranks 7th. All ahead of him belong in the Hall, and Bobby Grich really should be in the Hall.

IT'S APRIL

For crying out loud. Stop the sob stories. The Yankees are 22 games into the season.

OMG THE RED SOX ARE ONLY 11-10!! WE NEED PEDRO AND LOWE AND ORLANDO AND GABE KAPLER BACK!!!

If it were, say...August and the Yanks were four games under .500, I could see it, but for right now, it's all about enjoying the game. The real rivalries and whatnot start later.

You'd think you would at least be encouraged by Kevin Brown's best start all year. Still, it is nice to see the Yankees five games behind Baltimore.

While I'm looking at the standings, anyone catch Houston's Home/Road splits? 7-2 at Minute Maid Park, but 1-10 on the road.

The frustrating thing with Brown is, hes better when hes tired, and hes looked the old Brown in basically every start beside the first two innings.

And I honestly believe the bottom of our order is going to kill us this year. How in the world can you have Jeter batting .365, Sheff batting .341, A-Rod batting .310, and Matsui batting .280, but still can't score any runs?

You try to look at things positivley, but the Yankees down right suck right now. They can't hit anything.

Sounds positive to me. I'm trying to be realistic, but at this point, I really think the Orioles could take their playoff spot. All the O's need to do is pick up someone like Andy Pettite at the trading deadline and I think they'd have the better squad.

The Yankees somehow need to pick up some pitcher at the deadline. I don't know how with our crap minor league system, but if the O's do, yeah, they are looking good.

I think the Yankees best bet is getting Clemens ate the deadline. I don't know how, but its possible, especially how Roger put that clause in his contract.

At the bottom of the lineup, sure.

The sabermetricians will tell you batting order doesn't matter.

I think the Yankees best bet is getting Clemens ate the deadline. I don't know how, but its possible, especially how Roger put that clause in his contract.

There is no such clause in Clemens' contract, but it's believed that if Clemens asked the Astros for a trade they would oblige.

Guest OSIcon

You better believe that the Yankees will make some kind of trade before the deadline. If they are several games back in the division, Steinbrenner isn't going to just give up on the season without doing something drastic. Even if they are ahead in the division by that time, I can't see them just sitting back and relying on the team they currently have. The question is of course, if they will make a good trade or a desperate one (with recent signs pointing towards the former).

I've read that O's management is willing to make a deal for a starting pitching if they are in contention around the trade deadline. That's all I am really hoping for; that they are in it come July and make a deal for a good starting pitcher. It's been a long time since they were even around that long to consider making a deal for a playoff race.

Forget Hudson vs. Mulder tonight, the pitching match-up of the night will be in the Blue Jays/Yankees game: Bush vs. Wang.

I am easily amused.

Edit: Errrr guess it's this weekend, not tonight.

Forget Hudson vs. Mulder tonight, the pitching match-up of the night will be in the Blue Jays/Yankees game: Bush vs. Wang.

I am easily amused.

hahaha you said bush

hahahaha you said wang.

Someone at BTF suggested that the Yankees should round out their rotation with R.A. Dickey and Sterling Hitchcock.

I am easily amused.

hahaha you said bush

hahahaha you said wang.

Someone at BTF suggested that the Yankees should round out their rotation with R.A. Dickey and Sterling Hitchcock.

hahha Sterling