TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Guest Smues

Huzzah Foster finishes it and Smoltz gets his first win as a starter since....2001? 1999? I don't remember if he got a win as a starter in one of his few starts of 2001.

Nice debut for Colter Bean, who deserves an extended trial in the Majors.

Unless I'm mistaken, he won't get that chance. He'll be sent down when Wang is called up to join the rotation. But I could be wrong.

Unless I'm mistaken, he won't get that chance. He'll be sent down when Wang is called up to join the rotation. But I could be wrong.

Both deserve a chance. Bean has a career 11.68 K/9 rate in the minor leagues, along with a reasonable walk rate and very low HR rate. And according to Baseball Prospectus, Wang's projections were every bit as good as Jaret Wright's, before Wright's injury.

ESPN is going to love this, the Braves are killing Pedro, so much for that pitcher's dual

Are you watching the Mets again?!

How dare you. Turn off the TV this very second.

nope, Time Warner won't let me! Gary Cohen all the way. I started listening again yesterday

Both deserve a chance. Bean has a career 11.68 K/9 rate in the minor leagues, along with a reasonable walk rate and very low HR rate. And according to Baseball Prospectus, Wang's projections were every bit as good as Jaret Wright's, before Wright's injury.

Is that really saying much?

:D

Well, when one is paid $7 Million, and one is paid $300,000, it says alot about your franchise.

Well, when one is paid $7 Million, and one is paid $300,000, it says alot about your franchise.

Yeah, it says Steinbrenner wipes his ass with 300 grand.

Guest Shadow

Cubs fail to capitalize and strand 2 on base as they trail the reds 10-8 @ the top of the ninth.

It should be noted that with two outs, Hollandsworth was up in a spot that was originally Dubois'. Of course, Dubois getting to play a complete game is unacceptable, especially when Holly's .214 clutch bat is rotting away on the bench.

First Pavano gets beaned in the head and now Benitez is hurt. That's what you fuckers get for leaving the Marlins.

Yes, I'm a bad person.

Dusty Baker has gotta go, but this is Chicago, and you know Jesse Jackson would be on it in a heartbeat demanding that the Cubs hire another black manager, as well as another black coach, and sell 5% of the club to a black investor. Preferably, all these positions would be filled by Jackson's sons and relatives.

Lovely, now Schilling goes on the DL because of a bone bruise in his ankle. This means Matt Clement is the #1 starter for a while and that John Halama is going into the rotation. They're probably going to have to dip into Pawtucket as well since they aren't going to rush Miller in.

Glavine gives up back to back home runs to Eddie Perez and Wilson Betemit. (Who?)

Yep- the Braves seem to always kick Glavine's ass when they play him. I wonder how many runs Kolb gives up this time.