TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

Hardcore Homecoming and TNA

I was reading the press release for the Hardcore Homecoming and I can't lie and say the ECW fan in me got excited, but I still can't help thinking that Douglass could be using the energy he's using promoting this show promoting a northeastern TNA show -- like the often talked about Pittsburgh show. I just feel like since there's already going to be an ECW show, the business as a whole would benefit more by Shane helping TNA get out of Orlando. Thoughts?

Guest Desperate Housewife

I think there's too many pointless threads in this forum.

TNA is run by hicks, and oughta to stay there. You put Jarrett near Philly and the crowd will shit all over him.

Which he will immediately assume is awesome heel heat

I don't think it's pointless since it's a well known fact that TNA was considering having Douglass promote for them up North, and since this is a message board, discussion is general encouraged. Also, I never said Philly. In fact, I'm pretty sure I said Pittsburgh (the other NE city I'd suggest they visit is Buffalo).

TNA is run by hicks, and oughta to stay there. You put Jarrett near Philly and the crowd will shit all over him.

This has nothing to do with whether they should visit or not, because 1) WCW was run by "hicks" for awhile and ran in the Northeast often and 2) the Orlando crowd shits on Jarrett (Drop the title chants anyone?) and so did the Nashville crowd after awhile (even though he did get a small, but vocal, face reaction during my visit to the Aslyum).

Discussion is encouraged but not when a select group of people are flooding the forum with every bit of TNA-Related crap to keep the forum alive when it was threatened with closure. This entire forum belongs in Misc. Promotions with the Puro forum.

If they're considering letting Douglas promote for them, why can't they let him book? He'd be a damn better booker than Dusty " Mah Gawd We Got An Insanely Talented Kid Here, So Let's Feed Him To My Untalented Wife Beating Kid.........In A Blindfold Match!!!!!.......In A Cage!!!!!!!!! In The Stupid Looking Ring And All" Rhodes.

TNA: "Helping" Young Talent like Bobby Roode, Every Day

WCW is also dead. Mainly because they had the bright idea of booking Jeff "The StupidStar (he said it) Jarrett in the Main Event.

You gave him the face reaction? With a name like that, if Jarrett came out to the bizarro ring and shat all over it, you'll probably applaud it.

Guest LooneyTune

It was never really confirmed Dustin Rhodes "Beat" his "wife" (or girlfriend, which I guess is the same thing to some people). Maybe he got pissed off and tossed something at her, masybe she beat him up first... people LOVE jumping to conclussions, don't they?

Back to the topic... Shane Douglas (not Douglass) can promote "ECW" all he wants, the promotion is dead, and I honestly don't want to see their main event has-beens stinking up a ring. Unless people like Sandman and Sabu take "talent pills" in the next few weeks, that main event is going to be the biggest car wreck of 2005.

The SHOW, outright, is going to be the biggest car crash of 2005

It was never really confirmed Dustin Rhodes "Beat" his "wife" (or girlfriend, which I guess is the same thing to some people). Maybe he got pissed off and tossed something at her, masybe she beat him up first... people LOVE jumping to conclussions, don't they?

Back to the topic... Shane Douglas (not Douglass) can promote "ECW" all he wants, the promotion is dead, and I honestly don't want to see their main event has-beens stinking up a ring. Unless people like Sandman and Sabu take "talent pills" in the next few weeks, that main event is going to be the biggest car wreck of 2005.

Or invent time machines and go back to 1995 when their stuff was cutting edge, and we'd watch them because it was better than stuff that WCW and WWF was giving us at the time.

Ecw was better than the WWE in 1995? The same WWE that had Bret Hart and Shawn Micheals and WCW that had that guy.....I can't remember his name.......oh yeah, Ric Flair.

Sure.

At least if the WWE produced ECW show looks like it's going to stink, which it does, they can put some WWE guys on it. Douglas is already killing himself by announcing THAT Main event.

Ecw was better than the WWE in 1995? The same WWE that had Bret Hart and Shawn Micheals and WCW that had that guy.....I can't remember his name.......oh yeah, Ric Flair.

Sure.

At least if the WWE produced ECW show looks like it's going to stink, which it does, they can put some WWE guys on it. Douglas is already killing himself by announcing THAT Main event.

You're a dumbass.

The WWF and WCW had the best wrestlers in the country under contract in '95... but they also had a LOT of guys who didn't know a wristlock from a wristwatch and a lot of really bad gimmicks besides.

ECW had a mixed crew of untried rookies and ex-Big 2 hasbeens, yet through sheer hard work turned it into a decent little product. In the end? I think they came out about even. Though WCW was the worst, as always.

And oh yeah, I would pay cash money to see Jeff Jarrett in Philadelphia. Just imagining all the smarks falling all over each other to see who can boo louder or come up with a more creatively vulgar chant brings a smile to my face.