TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheLastBoyscout

The Smackdown Thread

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Now in the spoilers they said Cena was booed in England. Now, they can fake crowd heat, but EVERYONE came to their feet for the entrance, AND there's tons of Cena stuff in the crowd.

Methinks the "boos" were wishful thinking and a few heel backers.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

And as Cena wins you can clearly see everyone's coming to their feet. So I really think Cena's not in as much trouble as some people thought.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Feel free to use it for the rest of SD! to bitch, Taker-hater.

Guest LooneyTune

Insecure fan: They aren't booing him! They aren't booing him! (covers ears to block out the booing)

This is how it seems when reading these thing. Same can be said when a heel is being boo'ed, and everyone claims the crowd is dead.

We'll just use this as the Smackdown Thread.

Oh, and I agree though. I saw quite a bit of Cena merchandise and fans. Then again, the booing might have been a vocal minority, which can happen quite easily.

Remember SD is edited and piped in heat is not a rare occurence.

What was with the gratuitous Christina Aguilera cameo? Is she involved with the video or something? I guess I'll just mute the TV when the video starts and watch it that way.

If this is actually a Smackdown thread, rather than just a Cena debate, I'll ask here ... does anyone think that "Nitro" could be made into a credible mid-carder over time? Now, I'm not thinking he'll be another Michaels or Bret Hart, but it seems like he was doing enough of the small things in the match last night that I thought he might have a chance to making it as a mid-carder, maybe even lower upper-carder, in the future.

I do have to admit, though, that I've watched no OVW and very little Smackdown, so last night was really the most I've seen him. So, basically, I could be dead-wrong.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite
They can't edit the people getting on their feet

Do you not get on your feet to boo, as well?

Ugh I hate Matt Morgan's stutter gimmick, he seems so stupid and weak. Yeah he's impressive in the ring but he's just another Heidenreich-like guy. Morgan has so much potential....

Also, Nitro's Leg Drop thingy was great. But I think he'll one day screw it up

Since this is a Smackdown! thread, and MNM are on Smackdown! I thought I'd post a piece of their interview with WWE.Com as I found this one piece hillarious.

WWE.com: What can WWE fans expect to see from MNM in the future?

Mercury: There will be a lot more of what the fans have seen already. We are the only undefeated WWE Tag Team Champions in history, and we’re going to keep taking every other WWE Superstar out, because we’re hot, and their not.

If this is actually a Smackdown thread, rather than just a Cena debate, I'll ask here ... does anyone think that "Nitro" could be made into a credible mid-carder over time? Now, I'm not thinking he'll be another Michaels or Bret Hart, but it seems like he was doing enough of the small things in the match last night that I thought he might have a chance to making it as a mid-carder, maybe even lower upper-carder, in the future.

I do have to admit, though, that I've watched no OVW and very little Smackdown, so last night was really the most I've seen him. So, basically, I could be dead-wrong.

Hell...when he debuted as Johnny Nitro (Well, Johnny Blaze) as Bischoff's assistant, I would have gladly taken him as Intercontinental Champion for whatever reason. So yea, I could definitely see him as a top midcarder. Possibly Cruiserweight, or even U.S. Champion.

It's like I said in the other thread. Cena's fans are the kind of people who buy his merchandise, make KEWL~ signs, pop BIG for his entrance...and die as soon as they see him in the ring. Then they pop when he wins. That shouldn't be the fanbase the WWE wants to attract. Trouble is, as long as they buy tickets and merch, I'm sure they don't care.

The amount they had to dub in reaction wise was quite frankly embarrassing though. I mean, seriously, this guy's the WWE Champion!?! They sent out Rene Dupree, had Dupree cut a cheap heat promo expecting it to boost Cena's reaction. It was clear the fans were on their feet for the entrance, I'll admit that. During the match though, there must have been 6 or 7 times they put in REALLY loud crowd reactions when the crowd were sat on their hands.

It was like that Simpsons' Halloween episode where Kang and Kodus tell the warming up the crowd joke, the canned laughter plays and you see the aliens in the crowd sitting emotionless. "I'm sorry, but my co-host had to borrow a human brain for tonight."

Anyway....as it's the SD thread, MNM looked better this week than last. They didn't live up to the board hype personally last week, but they looked pretty good. Which I'm glad about, because hopefully it'll boost the tag 'division'.

They can't edit the people getting on their feet, or put in the Cena merchandise.

Could be stock footage from weeks ago. They could edit that in. ;)