TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

DOI reporting that Chris Candido has died...

For those interested in donating to the scholarship, TNA has posted the info:

CHRIS CANDIDO

1972 – 2005

TNA Wrestling joins the entire wrestling world in mourning the untimely death of Chris Candido on Thursday night.

TNA is deeply devastated by the loss of Chris, who touched the lives of millions of fans around the world during his successful career.

We hope everyone will keep Candido’s friends and family in their thoughts and prayers as we say goodbye to a friend...

Candido’s wake will be held this Monday, May 2, from 2-4pm and 6-9pm at the O’Brien Funeral Home (State Hwy 35 and New Bedford Road) in Wall Township, New Jersey. Services will be held on Tuesday morning, May 3 at 9:30am at St. Catherine’s Church (215 Essex Avenue) in Spring Lake, New Jersey.

The family has asked that instead of cards or flowers, donations be made to a scholarship fund being established by Candido’s high school in his name. For those of you who would like to donate to the Chris Candido Scholarship Fund, the address is:

The Chris Candido Scholarship Fund

Bank of New York

3rd Avenue & Washington Street

Spring Lake, New Jersey 07762

TNA wrestlers and staff share their thoughts and memories:

In the upcoming days, TNAwrestling.com will be adding thoughts and memories of Chris Candido from various TNA wrestlers and staff....

MIKE TENAY

Chris Candido was so dedicated to professional wrestling that he lived his whole life to be a part of the business. He was thrilled that TNA had given him another chance to do what he loved. While I've known Chris for years, my fondest memories of him will be from this TNA run. He was excited to be a part of the roster of a national company again and was intrigued by the combination wrestler/manager role. He always had the respect of his peers. He'll be missed ... but never forgotten.

SONNY SIAKI

“My thoughts and prayers go out to Tammy, his family and close friends. I didn't know Chris very well before TNA, but in the short time I knew him I didn't realized how funny, well-respected and all-around good person he was. Not only did I become a friend, I became a fan of his personality and his work. In the locker room, no matter what kind of mood you were in, he always found a way to make you laugh or smile. Chris, you made your family and friends proud because you changed your life for the better. I know you're in heaven smiling down at us…we miss you and we'll see you soon. Take care buddy."

ABYSS

AT THE TIME I AM WRITING THIS, I AM STILL IN SHOCK AND OVERCOME WITH THE PASSING OF CHRIS CANDIDO...A MAN THAT I CALLED MY FRIEND FOR ONLY A SHORT TIME AS CHRIS AND I WERE FRIENDS FOR THE LAST THREE YEARS OF HIS LIFE. OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS AND WEEKS, THERE WILL BE PLENTY SAID ABOUT WHAT A GREAT PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER CHRIS WAS....AND INDEED HE TRULY WAS SPECIAL INSIDE THE SQUARED CIRCLE.

BUT CHRIS WAS EVEN MORE SPECIAL A PERSON OUTSIDE THE RING. HIS SENSE OF HUMOR MADE EVERYONE, EVEN THOSE WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR, LAUGH OUT LOUD. CHRIS MADE PEOPLE FEEL GOOD ABOUT THEMSELVES AND TREATED EACH AND EVERY PERSON I EVER SAW HIM MEET WITH RESPECT AND KINDNESS, WHETHER THAT PERSON WAS A FELLOW WRESTLER OR NOT.

I FIRST MET CHRIS IN PUERTO RICO WHERE WE WERE BOTH STATIONED DURING THE 2002 YEAR. WE WORKED FOR RIVAL PROMOTIONS IN PUERTO RICO....ME FOR INTERNATIONAL WRESTLING ASSOCIATION (IWA) WHILE CHRIS AND TAMMY BOTH WORKED FOR WORLD WRESTLING COUNCIL (WWC). OUR PATHES DID NOT CROSS MUCH IN THE RING AT THAT TIME, BUT DURING OUR DAYS OFF, I WOULD SEE CHRIS AT THE BEACH, THE STORE, AND WE WOULD EVEN HANG OUT AT TIMES AND TALK OR CRACK UP TO PASS THE TIME. EVEN THOUGH CHRIS WAS MUCH MORE EXPERIENCED THAN I WAS AND HAD QUITE A FEW MORE YEARS IN THE WRESTLING BUSINESS THAN I DID, HE NEVER MADE ME FEEL THAT WAY. TO THE CONTRARY, CHRIS ALWAYS ENCOURAGED ME WITH POSITIVE COMMENTS AND CONSTRUCTIVE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITICISM. CHRIS HAD NO EGO TO STROKE OR POINT TO PROVE....HE JUST SAW ME AS A PERSON.

IN MY OPINION, THE GREATEST SHAME OF THIS TRAGEDY IS THAT CHRIS CANDIDO WAS ONE OF THE PEOPLE IN THIS BUSINESS WHO RECOGNIZED AND IDENTIFIED HIS DEMONS AND ADDRESSED THEM BEFORE IT WAS TOO LATE....ONLY TO BE TAKEN AWAY FROM US FAR TOO SOON. HE OVERCAME HIS DEMONS AND BEAT HIS DEMONS. I SAW CHRIS IN PUERTO RICO AT TIMES WHEN HE WAS BATTLING THOSE DEMONS, BUT WHEN I FIRST SAW HIM WHEN HE DEBUTED IN TNA SEVERAL MONTHS AGO, I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!! CHRIS LOST WEIGHT, GOT BACK INTO SHAPE, REFOCUSED HIS ATTENTION TO WRESTLING AND WORKING, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, CHRIS HAD BEATEN THOSE DEMONS THAT HAD TOUCHED HIS LIFE. THAT IS THE MARK OF A TRUE MAN AND A "REAL" CHAMPION. CHRIS WAS, AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE, AN INSPIRATION TO ME AS WELL AS MANY IN THE WRESTLING BUSINESS TODAY AND THOSE TO COME TOMORROW.

THANK YOU CHRIS FOR EVERYTHING YOU GAVE TO THIS BUSINESS AND FOR EVERYTHING THAT I LEARNED FROM YOU. THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS BEING UP BEAT AND POSITIVE EVEN WHEN THE CHIPS WERE DOWN. THANK YOU FOR BEING MY FRIEND.

GOD BLESS YOU CHRIS. I KNOW THAT RIGHT NOW YOU ARE SITTING IN HEAVEN AND WAVING THAT TOWEL FRANTICALLY IN GODS FACE TO COOL HIM OFF! MAY GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND ESPECIALLY TAMMY. GOD SPEED MY FRIEND!

TRACI

Chris Candido passed away? I keep thinking to myself this is a really bad dream and I will wake up and go to CSWF on Saturday and see him in his big clunky cast and big smile. I am 100% he would have got in the ring and bumped…who else but Chris gets out of surgery and not 24hrs later he is in the ring with a screw job finish? That man was always a professional and always a guy who made you smile. He was so good for TNA's locker room, he was an amazing asset to the roaster in and out of the ring. He was truly one of the best wrestlers to ever step foot in the squared circle and I am so thankful for being able to get to work and learn from him. Everyone these days are so scared of acting like the cowardly, goofy heel, everyone wants to be the tough cool heel, not Chris. Who else wrestles for 5 mins with his ass hanging out or lets me superplex him for the win in a match? I was managing Frankie Kazarian at CSWF and he was working Chris, so Frankie distracts the ref and I go up and superplex Chris and he goes into Frankie's wave of the future. What other male would let a 137lb girl superplex them? That will go down as the highlight of my career - thank you Chris. I got the honor of working a lot with Chris this past few months and he would always take the time to watch my match and talk to me after about them. I know everyone in the wrestling world has been touched by Chris and today we have lost a great member of the wrestling community and a big loss to our wrestling family...Chris you will be missed but your memory will go on forever, thank you for the laughs, the stories, and your talent...I just wanted to take a moment to also tell Tammy how much she is loved and that she is in my thoughts and prayers, Tammy is the reason why any of us girls are where we are today in this business,

Tammy you are the ultimate diva and no one will ever replace you...God Bless you Chris Candido and thank you for becoming a wrestler and entertaining us all these years

DAVID SAHADI

On a Friday night in the beautiful town of Chattanooga, seduced by the enchantment of spring, surrounded by glorious mountains, kissed by a starry sky, I find myself crying. And I don’t exactly know why. Except that these rivers of tears are because of Chris Candido.

When last I saw Chris he was crying, too. It was this past Sunday at the pay-per-view, up close and personal. He was sitting backstage in a wheelchair, surrounded by a dozen or so wrestlers, tears rolling down his puffy, red-faced cheeks. I will never forget that moment, the contorted leg wrapped in bandage and ice, the look of despair on his face. It was fifteen minutes after he had broken his leg in the very first minute of the very first match. In my ignorance, I thought his tears were because of his unconscionable physical pain.

“You’re mistaken,” said a TNA wrestler, who will go unnamed because his name is not relevant to the point I am trying to make.

“But he must be in so much pain,” I remarked, unknowing in my naivety.

“He’s not crying not because of the pain, but because he feels he just lost his spot on the roster.”

And then it hit me.

The physical pain was irrelevant: the pain emanated from his soul.

Had that been me, sitting in a wheelchair with a complex fracture of my lower leg, in need of major surgery, waiting for an ambulance to arrive, I would have been crying like an infant, overcome by the torment of physical pain. But not Chris. His pain was for one reason only: it was because at that very moment he thought his future, his passion, what he loved most in life, what he lived for was suddenly taken away. Little did he know his life would be taken away just a few days later.

It is well known that Chris battled personal demons a few years ago. Most importantly, Chris overcame them. From great depths he rose valiantly, like a phoenix amongst the burning ashes of a troubled past. He slayed his demons because his faced them head on, and in doing so became an inspiration to those who knew him.

For a brief moment tonight - and perhaps this is part of my personal sorrow - I look back at the dark side of this business with sadness, at a company I once worked for now embraced by paranoia and run by greed, at friends that no longer welcome friends into their homes because they work for “the competition”. I cry, too, because of their timidness and fear. Because they are lost, while Chris, although passed on, found himself, and a greater purpose, a long time ago. And it doesn’t seem fair that it takes his tragedy for us to realize what a special person he was.

Chris, you made the greatest of comebacks. You conquered your demons, you conquered the pettiness and trivialities and darks side of the business of this business. Thank you for being an inspiration, a light, a beacon of hope in a sometimes long, dark night. Thank you for making all those who knew you better for having known you.

Your brother, though I don’t know him, was right: you are an angel, and you went out the way you wanted to: “on top of the world…blonde, tanned, and having fun.” We should all be so lucky.

That is the greater picture. That is what this whole thing called Life is all about.

God bless you, Chris.

And God bless us all.

See you soon…

BILL BANKS

It’s seems like such a long time since I first met Chris and Tammy in WWF in 1995 – then known as the BodyDonnas. I remember writing their first full-article in an early-1996 WWF magazine article, called “A Little Ditty About Chris and Tammy” – a play on the John Mellencamp hit. It was the “inside story” on Chris and Tammy’s life as high-school sweethearts that found fame in wrestling. I interviewed both for the article and they were generous enough to donate their own personal photos.

The reason I bring it up is that to this day, I cannot forgot how appreciative and happy Chris and Tammy were with having their first full article in the magazine. While I’m still relatively new to this business, it’s that same kind of excitement from young superstars that keeps me motivated in this crazy sport. It’s why I’m still in this after all the blood, sweat and tears – after WWF, after WCW and now with TNA.

Unfortunately, I saw Chris nearly lose that excitement during some of his dark days. The same Chris Candido I worked with in WCW was not the same Candido from WWE. Even after WCW ended, I continued to hear more heartbreaking stories about him. I thought the familiar demons had once again stolen the life and love from another person in this business.

In February of this year, Chris came back to wrestling with TNA and I made it a personal goal to interview him for the website. After all the hell he had been through, all the ups and downs both in wrestling and his personal life, it made me happy when I realized Chris had that excitement and happiness back in his life. Chris Candido had won – the demons had lost. During that interview, Chris taught me what it means to nearly lose everything in life – only to kick out and come back in the end. Above all, Chris reminded me why I’m still in the business.

I last saw Chris on Wednesday morning as he, myself, Dutch Mantel and TNA staffer Tim Welch took the same bus to the airport. Chris joked with the driver about the cast on his foot and shared stories about wrestling in Puerto Rico with Tammy, who was picking him up from the airport back home in New Jersey. Tim and I helped Chris bring his bags to the ticket counter, and I said a quick goodbye to him as we were cutting it close to catching our flight. Now I wish I would have stayed with Chris a little longer….

Goodbye Chris – we’ll all miss you back here

I loved how Abyss somehow finds a way to work the gimmick even when paying tribute to his dead friend. I'm not kidding, that was awesome.

TNA has posted more wrestler comments:

TNA PRESIDENT DIXIE CARTER

My heart is so saddened by the untimely loss of Chris Candido. He had only been a part of the TNA family for a short time, but he had made his mark on all of us in a big way. Besides his in ring presence and ability, he was a shining light behind the scenes. His smile will forever be etched in my memory. His enthusiasm for the sport he loved so much set an example among all. Just days before his death he told me how happy he was. Happy in his personal life, happy to be part of a team that was so proud to have him on board. We will miss his presence, his smile, his leadership, but we will always carry Chris in our hearts, and he will always be a part of us.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Tammy, his family and friends. God Bless you Chris!

JEFF JARRETT

His death has been a tragic loss for every one of us here at TNA. I knew Chris for a lot of years, dating back to the early 90s when they first broke in and he and Tammy would come to Memphis to wrestle. Everywhere I went during my career, Chris was always there – and he never lost his love for the business. That’s the one big thing I’ll always remember about him. I got to see his career come full circle and it was an honor to have known such a good person. All of TNA’s thoughts and prayers are with his family.

BOB RYDER

It's still hard to come to grips with the news that Chris Candido has passed away. It's almost too cruel to be true. Here's a guy who had battled his demons and had won the battle. He kicked the bad habits that had put him out of the wrestling business, and he was loving every minute of being involved in the business again.

Stories are making the rounds about the way Chris dealt with the horrific ankle injury he suffered at the Lockdown pay-per-view, and those stories say a lot about the dedication he had to make sure he didn't relapse into his old bad habits. He refused to stay overnight at the hospital on Sunday night and returned to the hotel we all were staying at in Orlando. I was coming out of the elevator and there he was...sitting on a luggage cart with a big grin on his face. He was, of course, upset that the injury had happened...but was happy that he had been reassured by everyone at TNA that his spot was not in jeopardy and that he would continue to accompany The Naturals to the ring. He was also happy after having talked to promoters who told him they were not canceling his bookings for upcoming shows, and was thrilled to have been told by doctors that he would be able to return to action much sooner than had been initially anticipated.

If you watched iMPACT this week, you saw how big a role Chris Candido would have continued to play in TNA. His charisma jumped through the screen, and he was a perfect fit for the role he was playing with The Naturals. After that match, Chris was ecstatic. He couldn't stop raving about how good the match was and how much fun he had being involved in it. He said he felt like a fan sitting at ringside, and that he was really enjoying working with Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas.

He was proud of his boys.

I saw Chris on Wednesday morning as we were leaving the hotel to head to the airport. He was in good spirits, and was still talking about the match from the night before. I couldn't help but think of how happy I was that someone with his history had beat the odds and had turned his life completely around and was able to have a positive attitude even while dealing with such a serious setback as his ankle injury.

Much has been written (and will probably continue to be written) about the "wrestling deaths" that have plagued the industry in recent years. Far too many young wrestlers have died too soon, and Chris Candido will be added to that list. He should have an asterisk placed next to his name though, to indicate that he was different from many of the others on the list. He dealt with his demons. He won his battle. He turned his life around. He was on top of the world. His death is made more tragic by the triumphant way he had been able to deal with his problems.

To say Chris Candido will be missed is a tremendous understatement. In his brief time spent in TNA, he touched a lot of people....particularly some of the younger talent on the roster. His passing came as a total shock, and he will be remembered as someone who absolutely loved being a part of the wrestling business.. My thoughts and prayers are with Tammy and his family and friends.

SCOTT D'AMORE

Like most of you out there I find myself still in a bit of a state of shock. Shane Douglas said it best when he said " I just keep waiting for Chris to show up and it to have all been a bad dream." Unfortunately it is not a dream and it is true. One thing that was a dream was Chris' life. He chased and lived his dreams. He did what most never have the guts to do,. He let it all hang out and became what he wanted to become and did what he always dreamed of doing. His life is an example for all of us to follow. From the early success to the tragic fall right up to the eventual and inevitable triumphant return to grace. Chris life was one packed with success, passion, joy, and love. I first meet Chris in '93 or '94 at a show in Detroit promoted by Sabu. Although we were near the same age Chris was so much more experienced and polished then I was. I gained a great respect for him that night that lasts right up till this day. I was overwhelmed by his talent, his passion, and his personality. He was a class act.Our paths crossed many times over the years in different parts of the wrestling world. I will never forget the first night we wrestled. It was in my hometown in 2000. Chris had agreed to come here before starting with WCW and insisted on still making the shot even though he was now full-time with WCW. He took 3 flight and encountered numerous delays on the way but ever the pro he (and Tammy) made it to the show. Like the old school worker that he was he showed up in full gear as he used the trip from the airport to change and get ready in case he had to walk in the back door of the building and right into the ring. Once at at the show he had almost no time to prepare. We went into the ring and did it the way they did in the old days catch-as-catch-can. That night was one of the proudest of my career as after we got back from the ring Chris hugged me, thanked me, and said he was impressed with my in ring work. Coming from one of the men I tried to pattern myself after it was the highest compliments of all. When Chris joined TNA I will be honest and say I questioned whether the stories I heard of his turning his life around were true. I hoped they were but the years in the wrestling business had left me always questions stories like that. I was and am happy to admit I was wrong. I was one of the first people to get to see Chris on the Universal backlot. I gave him a tour of the studio, locker room, etc and was amazed. It was true. He had done it. I had heard stories of the return of the old Chris returning and honestly I think it was something ever better then that. He wasn't the old Chris, he was the newest and best Chris I had ever seen. He was a little older, more mature, much wiser, and had a passion for the business burning in him brighter then ever. He was excited about the chance to return to the national wrestling spotlight but more then even that he was just happy to have fun and make a living in the business he loved so much. He had an immediate effect on the TNA locker room. He became a locker room leader the first day he arrived. Not because he forced his thoughts and opinions on people like so many others have tried but because he led by example and the roster from top to bottom sought out his advice. When somebody is taken from us so suddenly we often say we wish we could have one more conversation with that person to say the things left unsaid. I can honestly sit here and say that I wouldn't change one word of the last conversation I was blessed enough to have with Chris. After the taping tuesday night we sat and talked. We talked about the great match he was apart of earlier in the night, his effect on the very young locker room we have in TNA, what we loved and hated about the business, and most important to me I got to express how much I respected his work.Chris and I talked about great managers and role models we had had and he commented on how much he loved my facial expressions and my over the top panimine. I told him he should love them, I had stole most of them from him! I even made the joke that I hope we started using him more as a wrestler because as long as he was managing I knew I no matter how hard I worked I would always have to settle for being the second best manager on the roster. As I right this now I have both a tear rolling down my cheek and a smile on my face. A tear for my loss of a friend and the business' lose of a passionate and talented performer as well as a smile as I think about how much life Chris had packed into such a short life. Most people could live to 100 and not even get close to the life experiences and achievements Chris had. Myself, the TNA front office, the TNA locker room, everybody involved in the business on some level, and the fans are all better for have shared in his life.

God bless you Chris, I know you are holding court in a locker room somewhere in heaven and there is a smile on every face in the room because you put it there.

TRINITY

I'm at a loss for words, I still can't believe he is gone. I always knew of Chris Candido and actually got to meet him when I was first getting into the business. It was a brief encounter and I was fortunate enough to get to meet both Chris and Tammy. I felt so privileged to be in the locker room with them so early in my career and to be able to talk a little with them about the business. It wasn't until Chris came to TNA that I was able to be around him more in the locker room, on the bus, at lunch and dinners to hear stories with everyone and laugh with him. He was always so nice to everyone and I felt very honored to be in his company. His smile and wonderful demeanor was very comforting at work which made being there and being around him such a pleasure. I would always be somewhat intimidated to be in the company of such greatness at TNA and in the business, but when you start seeing people every week it starts to feel like you are part of a family, thanks for that and thank you for being you. I will miss you. My prayers are with Tammy and Chris's family.

Impact was weird to watch, albeit a little interesting and definately somber though, as the show on Friday showed what potential Candido was just, at this last taping, beginning to really be allowed to show as part of that Naturals team in TNA. That tag match for the belts was easily one of the better Impact matches EVER on that show which unfortunately will always be overshadowed by the obvious - it's too bad its always going to be remembered probably not necessarily in that light as much as it will for the last match Candido played a part in - with such a promising role seemingly for Candido from the injury as their manager, even while he would have been rehabbing.

Did anyone get the Pillman vibe while watching Candido with the titles?

I loved how Abyss somehow finds a way to work the gimmick even when paying tribute to his dead friend. I'm not kidding, that was awesome.

typing in all caps? or did i miss something?

Guest MikeSC
I loved how Abyss somehow finds a way to work the gimmick even when paying tribute to his dead friend.  I'm not kidding, that was awesome.

Wouldn't his gimmick have involved him not saying anything?

-=Mike

I loved how Abyss somehow finds a way to work the gimmick even when paying tribute to his dead friend.  I'm not kidding, that was awesome.

Wouldn't his gimmick have involved him not saying anything?

-=Mike

Thats kinda what i thought too.

ALL CAPS MEANS I'M CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Here is a recap of the Shane Douglas interview which was 27 minutes long.

-Shane Douglas pays respect to his fallen friend who was his partner in ECW with the "Triple Threat" stable.

-Shane was asked about Hardcore Homecoming and Shane said there would be a memorial to Chris and several other wrestlers from ECW that have died over the last few years. A special video package had already been edited for the event featuring Rick Rude, Big Dick Dudley, Pitbull #2, Louie Spicolli and others, but now it will be reedited with Candido included. Shane announces that Candido would have taken on 2 Cold Scorpio at the show in a one-on-one match. Sadly now we can only wonder what a great match that would have been.

-Shane says Chris was the practical joker of ECW and would make himself and Bam Bam Bigelow be laughing for hours backstage at ECW events.

-They discussed the injury to Candido at the Lockdown PPV and Shane put Chris over for how much pain he went through and how he still gutted out a performance two nights later at the TNA TV tapings.

-Shane says Candido was worried about losing his spot in TNA when he got hurt. Shane says he told Chris the only way Chris would lose his spot is if he let the demons back into his life (referring to the personal problems Chris had a few years ago). Chris said he wouldn't let that happen because there was to much good in his life right now.

-Shane said that when Chris started with TNA, Dusty Rhodes wanted everyone to keep an eye out on Chris and make sure he didn't allow those demons back in his life.

-Shane says he had been touring with Chris for several months and he is positive Chris had stayed clean.

-Shane talks about Sonny Siaki and how Chris did not want Sonny to feel guilty because of Chris' injury at Lockdown. Shane says Chris said this in the hospital after the PPV.

-Shane talks about how Chris started in wrestling at the age of 14 and was only 33 when he died. Shane says the age of 33 is still a baby in this business and that Chris was still just starting. Shane mentions great wrestlers like Ric Flair and how much stuff they did from the age of 33 up.

-Shane talks about driving through upstate NY with Tazz one night and how the nickname "No Gimmicks Needed" was invented for Chris. Chris was so talented that he didn't need a gimmick to get over.

-Shane discusses the "Triple Threat" and how it was the "Four Horseman" of the 90's. Shane says Chris was the glue of the stable.

-Shane says when he thinks of pro wrestlers he doesn't think of the build of a Randy Orton as a pro wrestler, he said Chris looked like a pro wrestler.

-Shane talks about becoming the head of TNA talent relations and how recently Candido had helped him with some of the responsibilities. Shane said Chris wasn't making alot of money in TNA but he was just happy to be involved.

-They discuss how Chris Candido and Tammy Sytch had a relationship that was strong and stayed strong in a business where you don't see that often.

-Shane says there will likely be a ton of Chris Candido tribute events at indy shows all over the U.S.

-This was a portion of the interview, the whole interview is now playing on the AudioWrestling.com site. The entire three hour show which also featured Mick Foley, Dr. Tom Prichard, Big Vito, Lance Hoyt and others will be available later in the week on AudioWrestling.com

http://www.audiowrestling.com

Shane announces that Candido would have taken on 2 Cold Scorpio at the show in a one-on-one match. Sadly now we can only wonder what a great match that would have been.

No comment is necessary.

Shane announces that Candido would have taken on 2 Cold Scorpio at the show in a one-on-one match. Sadly now we can only wonder what a great match that would have been.

No comment is necessary.

Damn...my favorite wrestler of ECW/WCW and the man who I have enjoyed every match he had ever wrestled even when with the Body Donnas.

Special video package? Did I miss something? Is this show getting PPV clearance I don't know about?

Special video package? Did I miss something? Is this show getting PPV clearance I don't know about?

There's positioning in Viking Hall for a video screen if a promotion wants to waste money on it. CZW has used it in the past.

It's going to be released as a DVD, with Joey Styles doing commentarry. If it sells well, Douglas wants to do more shows in the future...

It's going to be released as a DVD, with Joey Styles doing commentarry. If it sells well, Douglas wants to do more shows in the future...

Awesome.

-Shane talks about how Chris started in wrestling at the age of 14 and was only 33 when he died. Shane says the age of 33 is still a baby in this business and that Chris was still just starting. Shane mentions great wrestlers like Ric Flair and how much stuff they did from the age of 33 up.

-Shane talks about driving through upstate NY with Tazz one night and how the nickname "No Gimmicks Needed" was invented for Chris. Chris was so talented that he didn't need a gimmick to get over.

I never saw him wrestle or cut a promo. I have just read his profile, looked at his pictures at the TNA website and read this post. I still feel sad about this. He seemed to be really enjoying his life. He was given another chance, its nice to grasp that, that its never too late. At least he had the time and chance to redeem himself, unlike Jerry Tuite (another wrestler who had potential but never had a long deserved extended run at the top). Batista is older than him and has just won the World Heavyweight title. I hope that RAW and TNA did a good job of it. Poor Tammy, I hope that she will be ok. Poor Siaki, god knows what he feels right now. I would like to think that he will mourn and honour Chris by trying to be the best wrestler he can. Poor Naturals, it seems like there was a good fit. Ive just found out about his No Gimmicks Necessary. I 100% agree with that line of thought. My condolences to Tammy, his family and friends.