TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jingus

Laura Bush is damn funny

Remember when John Kerry got blasted for being at an event where Whoopi Goldberg made a Bush-->vagina joke?  The media is worshiping the Bushes for horse masturbation and male stripper jokes and the Bushes are still making jokes about it in the media.

Remember when Kerry claimed that all of the idiots who were making offensive comments were the heart of America?

And I find it funny that Laura telling old jokes is so stunning to the left.

Then again, the left ceased having a sense of humor years ago.

-=Mike

A. Yeah, Kerry saying that was dumb. But people bitched about him being there with people telling dirty jokes.

B. I am not offended by Laura's jokes. Her delivery was kinda stiff, but the jokes were pretty funny, especially coming from a first lady. I just don't see why there was outrage over Kerry being around people telling dirty jokes but no outrage over Laura telling dirty jokes. Personally, I don't think people should be outraged by either.

I'm not offended by the jokes, I'm offended by the hypocrisy. However, the Coalition for Traditional Values has come out against Laura for the jokes. I guess that's a liberal group.

C. I am not "the left." I'm bigolsmitty, pleased to meet ya.

Remember when John Kerry got blasted for being at an event where Whoopi Goldberg made a Bush-->vagina joke?  The media is worshiping the Bushes for horse masturbation and male stripper jokes and the Bushes are still making jokes about it in the media.

Remember when Kerry claimed that all of the idiots who were making offensive comments were the heart of America?

-=Mike

Mike I'd like you to meet my friend Irony "The Laughgetter". Thanks man that ^ was the best laugh I've had in awhile. :cheers:

Here's a pretty big liberal blog, Atrios, that's just outraged by the Laura jokes (about halfway down):

No liberals give a shit that Laura Bush made some raunchy jokes. We just find it a) hilarious that the prudish conservative values crowd has no problems with it and b) are a bit annoyed at the usual liberal media double standard for these things. You know, the suddenly inoperative "Whoopi Standard."

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

A. Yeah, Kerry saying that was dumb. But people bitched about him being there with people telling dirty jokes.

B. I am not offended by Laura's jokes. Her delivery was kinda stiff, but the jokes were pretty funny, especially coming from a first lady. I just don't see why there was outrage over Kerry being around people telling dirty jokes but no outrage over Laura telling dirty jokes. Personally, I don't think people should be outraged by either.

One has to stretch --- MIGHTILY --- to describe her jokes as "dirty".

I'm not offended by the jokes, I'm offended by the hypocrisy.  However, the Coalition for Traditional Values has come out against Laura for the jokes.  I guess that's a liberal group.

No, just a brutally unfunny group.

-=Mike

..."Gee, why do politicians take themselves so seriously and make such bland statements in public?"

"I have NO idea. People NEVER bitch incessantly about jokes told at a gathering where they're EXPECTED to tell jokes..."

Whoopi Goldberg lost endorsements over this "offensive" joke:

That's why I'm here tonight. Because I love bush. But someone's giving bush a bad name. Someone has tarnished name of `bush.' Someone has waged war, someone has deliberately misled the country, someone has attempted to amend the constitution, all in the name of bush. The bush I know and cherish would never do such things. My bush is smarter than that. And if my bush is smarter than that, you can understand just how dumb I think that other bush is. And anyone who would wave to Stevie Wonder is not fully there. I will do whatever it takes to restore bush to its rightful place and that ain't in the White House. Vote your heart and mind and keep bush where it belongs.

The Bush-Cheney campaign has been making a lot of hay out of Goldberg's set at last week's celebrity gala at Radio City Music Hall, professing shock at her blue jokes.

Bush campaign manager Ken Mehlman called the event a "hatefest" that proves John Kerry doesn't "share the same values" as the rest of America.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/212784p-183225c.html

Thanks man that ^ was the best laugh I've had in awhile. :cheers:

Well somebody here doesn't read his own posts or else he'd have more cases of the giggles.

I just don't see why there was outrage over Kerry being around people telling dirty jokes but no outrage over Laura telling dirty jokes. Personally, I don't think people should be outraged by either.

Perhaps if Laura was talking about masterbating Kerry then I'd be offended. Then again, that might be kinda hot.

Then again, maybe not...

Whoopi Goldberg lost endorsements over this "offensive" joke:

That's why I'm here tonight. Because I love bush. But someone's giving bush a bad name. Someone has tarnished name of `bush.' Someone has waged war, someone has deliberately misled the country, someone has attempted to amend the constitution, all in the name of bush. The bush I know and cherish would never do such things. My bush is smarter than that. And if my bush is smarter than that, you can understand just how dumb I think that other bush is. And anyone who would wave to Stevie Wonder is not fully there. I will do whatever it takes to restore bush to its rightful place and that ain't in the White House. Vote your heart and mind and keep bush where it belongs.

I always found it hilarious everyone got offended that Kerry stood by comedians who told some "offensive" jokes. I've heard dirtier jokes than that from Rush Limbaugh (who, BTW, is actually quite funny a lot of the time).