TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Worked in 4 Feds...worked in only one fed

The current NWA World Title is -- and this is even arguable since Flair's brief run with the belt after WCW left the NWA fucked up the lineage --- can be traced back to Lou Thesz beating Orville Brown (by forfeit, I think) in 1948 to create the Nat'l Wrestling Alliance World Title.

-=Mike

Orville Brown was already named the first National Wrestling Alliance Champion when Lou Thesz was awarded the belt because Brown was in a car accident preventing him from defending the title.

Very True.

Orville Brown was in the Midwest Wrestling Association and was their champion at the time the NWA was formed. They kept him as champion, and just changed the name of the belt to the NWA belt.

The only WWF "lifers"(not counting OVW or any other feeder territory) I can think of, are ones that were trained by the promotion, like Orton, Angle, Rock, Brock...etc

Angle worked ECW, did commentary for Guido/Taz and walked out after the crucifixtion incident with Raven/Sandman....

I thought we only meant guys who wrestled in a promotion?

The only WWF "lifers"(not counting OVW or any other feeder territory) I can think of, are ones that were trained by the promotion, like Orton, Angle, Rock, Brock...etc

Angle worked ECW, did commentary for Guido/Taz and walked out after the crucifixtion incident with Raven/Sandman....

Yeah, I really don't think Angle's one appearance in ECW counts, since he was basically just appearing as a special guest and doing a little commentary, and didn't work any match, or even an angle really. That would be like saying Shane McMahon worked in WCW because he appeared at the end of the last Monday Nitro. Or on a similar note, Andre the Giant appearing on a WCW Clash of the Champions right before he died.

Guest jm29195

Lets expand it to include people who have had longer runs than a one shot appearance, to include guys like Rick Rude who were retired and working as managers/commentators when appearing in WCW/ECW?