TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dpac

Building a Web Page

I am looking to purchase a domain name, and I was wondering if anyone here could give me some good leads on how to go about building a site. I came across a few places that charge around 4 bucks a month for hosting. I also have Photoshop CS but not very good at using it. Basically I am kind of lost, and just looking for a little direction.

Thanks.

Learn HTML. www.htmlgoodies.com is a good site to learn the basics.

Learn some CSS. www.w3schools.com/css/ is a good site for that.

Once you get a good grasp at this, you may want to use a program that makes things easy for you. "Buy" a copy of Macromedia Dreamweaver and use it to compliment the knowledge you gained from learning HTML and CSS.

www.godaddy.com is where I buy my domains from. http://www.dreamhost.com/ and www.mediatemple.com are some good reliable hosts that I've used in the past.

I use Photoshop CS2, it's the hotness. When I first started out a few years ago, pages like www.pslover.com and www.teamphotoshop.com came in handy. Tons of tutorials on that site and tons of links to other useful sites.

Hope that helps. :-)

I also host my website with godaddy.com. It has been very reliable until now, and the plan is pretty good. I got 2 GB of space and 100 GB of bandwidth/month. The price is cheap too.