TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LooseCannon25

Most hard luck player on your favorite team

Habs fans would know, but Saku Koivu has the worst luck ever. Every season there's something wrong with him (would have had the Calder trophy if not injured; numerous knee and wrist injuries; cancer). Though the guy plays with tons of passion and thats why I think he's a great player.

He wasn't from my favourite team, but I remember Adam Keefe of the Utah Jazz always being terrible. He'd be the guy who misses open shots, fumbles passes or rebounds and just can't do anything write. Remember when Rip Hamilton dunked the ball and it hit his head, bounced out and didn't counted? Well, I was reading SI For Kids back in the day and I remember reading about how Adam Keefe did that a long time ago as well. The guy just couldn't get anything good done. And even though I hated the Jazz, I always still felt bad for him.

As a Jazz fan, I NEVER felt bad for him. The man was pathetic and getting way more minutes than the more deserving and talented Bryon Russell and Shandon Anderson. Guys like him, Greg Ostertag, and Greg Foster were perfect examples of everything wrong with the Jazz in the mid/late 90s.

I always felt bad for the great players that were stuck on horrible teams.

Aeneas Williams: made the all 90's team as a CB for the Arizona Cardinals. One playoff appearence in the decade.

Donnie Baseball: Stayed with the Yankees through the bad times before their resurgeance.

Walter Payton: Sure he won a Super Bowl, and held the record for most rushing yards, but the man was on horrible teams. Plus fricken William Perry scored a TD in the Super Bowl and not Walter!

Unless you're saying 100% of first-time riders get into a wreck, then there is an element of bad luck for Kellen.

No, but I would say that most 1st time riders don't buy the kind of motorcycle Winslow did and go do tricks with it. Actually you could say that he was LUCKY instead because the reports said that his helmet wasn't even strapped on and flew off when he fell. Dude is lucky he didn't bust his head open too.

Guest gthureson

Boston is not my favorite team, but I always felt bad for Gord Kluzak. Number one overall for the Bruins, and deservedly so. But bad knees plagued him his entire career. The guy put up with about 9 seperate major knee operations, kept toughing it out, played great when he could, but was still done after 8 seasons.

What coulda been....