TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

A possible new owner for TNA?

The NWA Ohio website has reported the following: "The Nelson Corporation and NWA Ohio has placed an offer on the table to purchase TNA's 71% from Panda Energy, He has recruited Hacksaw Jim Duggan and other legendary Wrestlers to work within his negotiations. This past week Dave met with Frank Richardson (sic), CEO of TNA Wrestling, and also with Jeff and Jerry Jarrett. It is uncertain of TNA's response at current, however with or without TNA the plans of building another Multimillion dollar wrestling company is in the works and with the assistance of Jim Duggan and three silent backers in this deal, the wrestling world can look forward to some ground shaking news in the months ahead."

-Dave Nelson, said to be in his late-40s, has been at all recent TNA events, just hanging out informally and having conversations with the Jarretts about what's been going on behind the scenes. There have been rumors for weeks that he was interested in buying controlling interest in TNA if Panda Energy decided they wanted out. Nelson and the Jarretts are said to be tight, while the relationship between the Jarretts and the Carter family who own Panda Energy is said to be showing signs of strain.

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_13333.shtml

Well, thank God! I was worried the Jarretts might lose their influence. Thankfully, if this goes through, we'll have more Jeff than ever.

interesting, thanks for posting that.

well somebody see's some potential in TNA.

Guest Desperate Housewife

Jeff Jarrett and Hacksaw Duggan (who, in his shoot interviews called working with Shane Douglas, Dean Malenko and Saturn an insult, and quit working with TNA the last time because Mike Sanders went over him) in charge of TNA.

TNA is FUCKED!

The NWA Ohio website has reported the following: "The Nelson Corporation and NWA Ohio has placed an offer on the table to purchase TNA's 71% from Panda Energy, He has recruited Hacksaw Jim Duggan and other legendary Wrestlers to work within his negotiations. This past week Dave met with Frank Richardson (sic), CEO of TNA Wrestling, and also with Jeff and Jerry Jarrett. It is uncertain of TNA's response at current, however with or without TNA the plans of building another Multimillion dollar wrestling company is in the works and with the assistance of Jim Duggan and three silent backers in this deal, the wrestling world can look forward to some ground shaking news in the months ahead."

-Dave Nelson, said to be in his late-40s, has been at all recent TNA events, just hanging out informally and having conversations with the Jarretts about what's been going on behind the scenes. There have been rumors for weeks that he was interested in buying controlling interest in TNA if Panda Energy decided they wanted out. Nelson and the Jarretts are said to be tight, while the relationship between the Jarretts and the Carter family who own Panda Energy is said to be showing signs of strain.

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_13333.shtml

Well, thank God! I was worried the Jarretts might lose their influence. Thankfully, if this goes through, we'll have more Jeff than ever.

I hope you are being sarcastic!

Anyway interesting to hear that Panda owns 71% of TNA stock. That right there shows who really has the influence in the company, when they put their foot down. Alot of people may have always said Jeff and/or Jerry really runs this company, well I dont think that's really the case more than Panda has ALLOWED them to run it.

The Jarretts are already wasting no time in finding new alliances to get back their power within the company, no surprise really.

To be honest, I would think if ever, Panda is going to stay right now. It would be foolish of them to pull out right now when the future looks brighter than ever for the company.

Guest Dale Earnhardt

But don't the Jarretts own the non-Panda stock in TNA?

If not, I'd laugh if Panda and the other owners told Jarrett to get the fuck out.

Anyway interesting to hear that Panda owns 71% of TNA stock. That right there shows who really has the influence in the company, when they put their foot down. Alot of people may have always said Jeff and/or Jerry really runs this company, well I dont think that's really the case more than Panda has ALLOWED them to run it.

Panda did let Jeff and Jerry run things, but they decided to be more hands on once they worked out that TNA was a vehicle to make Jeff a star.

Which, and I hate to bitch about it, has FAILED.

Jeff Jarrett and Hacksaw Duggan (who, in his shoot interviews called working with Shane Douglas, Dean Malenko and Saturn an insult, and quit working with TNA the last time because Mike Sanders went over him) in charge of TNA.

TNA is FUCKED!

That is exactly what I was thinking.

Which, and I hate to bitch about it, has FAILED.

I'm sure you do hate to mention it, since it's the only thing you post about.....ever.

Let's not turn another thread into a pissing contest between you two.

agreed.

I also agree that the Jarrett's need to stay as far away from the book as possible. I don't think TNA would benefit from this happening. I think Panda has wasted this much money, they may as well stick around to see if they might break even eventually.

Let's not turn another thread into a pissing contest between you two.

agreed.

I also agree that the Jarrett's need to stay as far away from the book as possible. I don't think TNA would benefit from this happening. I think Panda has wasted this much money, they may as well stick around to see if they might break even eventually.

Now is not the time for Panda to back out, especially with the direction being of TNA being, of sorts, on the up, what with better TV deals on the horizon.

For the love of god, of all people Jim FN Duggan.

Personally, If I had any sort of money, I'd buy it, without the wrestler contracts, tell Jarrett and his Daddy where to go, and take at least A YEAR off to study the wrestling business, and figure out what the hell to do with it.

More to the point, thats what any potential investor should do

^ I like the idea, but it'd be really bad to take a year off. A year is a long time in any profession, especially wrestling. Who says that the roster would want to come back after a year? You're risking Styles etc going to WWE, and you're risking losing your fan base, or people forgetting about you. I'd say a month or 6 weeks as an 'off-season' where you could hire people around you that know about the business and all its little tricks to be advisors to you as the owner.

Then debut Impact on a different station with an even different look to what it is now, hire some ROH guys, and keep Jeff Jarrett (and his daddy as a Road Agent), but reduce his role considerably.