TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Secret Agent

Smarkdown Comments Thread

Well I’ve done read the show, and it starts off okay, I guess. At least it sets up events in motion for the next show. Toxxic’s promo is just as sweet as always. Apparently he’s decided that he doesn’t care that much about the World Title anymore, meaning that we’re heading towards a Toxxic face turn. The reasoning is sound enough though; having everyone gunning for you constantly would have to be annoying after a bit and I guess Toxxic has decided to take a breather. Also noting that this would also seem to go against what Ejiro wants, which is another match so he can beat Toxxic again, and possibly more brutal. Hrmm…

Toxxic Vs Spike Jenkins is what it should be for the majority of the match – a no holds barred ass beating! Ejiro comes down which is not surprising, except for the fact its some what of a reversal of roles as usually the former champ is the one coming down to make the new champ pay. This works though. I don’t really have much to say about the match other than its certainly solid and it made Jenkins look really good, and I love the ending - chains rule!

I don’t think there is much to say about the Manson/Bryan Rodger’s squash, except it was funny.

A Maddix promo where Landon boasts about his big victory, how appropriate, I suppose. Toxxic interferes in the interview and I have no idea why he’d even be remotely interested in Maddix anymore. He’s done proved him wrong on several occasions and I think Toxxic would just blow off anything Maddix says anymore. Not to mention that if Toxxic has no interest in regaining the title right this second, or getting revenge on Ejiro Fasaki then why would he care about Landon? Oh well, lets see where this leads.

Danny Williams/Mak Francis is also an excellent read, especially if you’ve read the Danny/Mak Iron Man match before. I like how it use the past encounter to play into this one, it’s something you don’t see a whole lot of, and it certainly works to build this match. Mak even going for the cross armbreaker that won him the Iron man match was a high point too. I don’t have much to say about this match other than that and the fact that I like the AXE BOMBAAAAAAAH~!

The next match, Fasaki/Cortez Vs Lil’ Buck/Dangerous was partially mine, so I won’t really comment on it. I don’t think the portions I wrote was anything particularly outstanding as I was kind of in a rush when doing it and Drea seemed a little ho-hum about her portion so I guess it’s not the best from both parties. :/

Say, what happened to the Pretzler VS IL match for the Cruiserweight Championship?

Anyway, main event time, Arch Griffon challenging Jay Hawke for the International Championship!! I liked this match as well. I guess I’m just liking everyone’s stuff today, but that’s good. I like how this starts out by setting up Griffon’s frustrations as well as establishing the point that Hawke will do any thing to make sure he retains that title. I guess something got carried over from the Dangerous/Hawke rematch for the International Championship when I basically wrote Hawke willing to do anything.

So anyways, the match. I like how Griffon basically dominates the majority of the match with his strength advantage, forcing Hawke to resort to some desperate measures to regain control. The series of like 25 chokes was awesome, I loved it, and it is things like that that make Hawke an awesome heel. The DQ ending was appropriate as well as it comes back to the do anything, even though Hawke didn’t really didn’t cause the actual DQ, but more inadvertently. Good match.

Then we get the Sean Combs announcement where they basically gloss over Johnny Dangerous once more--almost as if it we’re intentional--for the World Title shot and give it instead to Lil’ Buck. It works though. Giving Buck a shot while continuing the bits that I have set up with Johnny. I think it would have made more sense if MVS didn’t pull my promo off the show though.

All in all good show; sorry if my comments suck, I’ve never really been too good at giving critiques or anything. :\

Toxxic interferes in the interview and I have no idea why he’d even be remotely interested in Maddix anymore.

I called him out a couple of weeks ago and then forgot about it, then remembered it again. That and the fact Maddix is and always has been everything Toxxic's ever hated, so he'll always enjoy stirring things up with him.

Plus, I wanted to laugh at Toxx for losing.

Say, what happened to the Pretzler VS IL match for the Cruiserweight Championship?

That's better left unsaid, but if all goes well the Replay Machine may be in overdrive on Storm...

That and the fact Maddix is and always has been everything Toxxic's ever hated.

Don't go over-selling yourself, sunshine. If you hadn't started up a stable set on taking him down he wouldn't give two shits about you. KIBAGAMI is and always has been everything Toxxic's ever hated, I thought I'd bludgeoned that into people's consciousnesses enough.

Hence why I said why is Toxxic still interested in Maddix. It looks more like Maddix would be a constant thorn in Toxxic's side, which would work, not the other way around. Not my charaters though so you can obviously play it however you wish, im just commenting. ;)

Come on, this is Toxxic. For all his slightly more chilled-out attitude now, he's not going to let someone run a stable that targets him without getting in their face when possible.

Not to mention you're still Card's protegé and Card still wants at Maddix.

EDIT: It's like that segment with McMahon and Austin at Survivor Series in 2003. They had nothing to do with each other, on different shows, but there was still history. Maybe Toxxic just happened to be to be walking by Maddix's interview.

Edited by King Cucaracha

Sign in to follow this