TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

SmackDown's 1st Draft Lottery Pick is...

LAME..

What are they going to do without a champion? The longer they go without one, the worse it makes things. I know that they can draft HHH/Batista anytime they want with the next 4 picks, but still.

Someone in the RAW thread said "JBL can go around with the old title now"(paraphrasing) and Im begining to believe that. They can't just up and create a new title again either.

Benoit becomes the first person since the brand split to be signed to a brand 3 seperate times... impressive.

He also managed to go his entire stay on Raw without having to give HHH back a PPV job and won their last encounter... also impressive.

Until more names are announced though it's just more of the same things from before he went to Raw... yeah he can have more matches with Eddie or Rey or Kurt... wait I'm making that into a complaint?

I do want to see a Benoit/JBL match.

If both picks stand as listed...

...for the IWC, plus for Smackdown, minus for Raw.

...for casual fans, plus for Raw, minus for Smackdown.

Of course, there may not be many casual fans left for Smackdown after it moves to Fridays anyway.

Guest QUP2CME

JBL doesn't have the old title anymore. Cena carried both when he beat him at JD.

I do want to see a Benoit/JBL match.

Seconded. It's definitely something new, rather than a feud with Eddie (not that it would be bad, though). Plus, there's potential matches with Rey, Carlito, and London among others. Although, the London match is basically only a dream since he rarely faces anyone other than the Cruisers.

It's not like Benoit was doing anything on Raw, anyway. It's fine with me.

If this is true then fuck WWE for never having the balls to pull off a Benoit vs Benjamin feud. I guess the entire roster complained that they would've went out there and made them all look bad.

Guest wildpegasus

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Benoit is finally "away" from HHH.

Does the Perfect Strangers Dance of Joy.

I knew it. Benoit was my pick to go over on Smackdown after I found out Cena had to go to Raw. Smackdown needed a big star but they couldn't bring over someone like Batista right away because it would make the draft look too fake.

Now, just bring Benjamin over.

Well we will have to see how it all plays out.. trades, other picks, etc.

Who knows, maybe Benjamin is SmackDown bound with the IC title?

That would be something eh? US and IC title on SmackDown and the WWE and Wolrd on Raw.

Guest QUP2CME
I'll take it.

But they'll probably end up doing a tourney of some sorts to crown a new champ.

Lame. You can't have three champs. One of the world title will end up back on SD.

Guest wildpegasus

Do you get automatically stripped of your title if you get drafted? Cena can't bring his title over from what I understand but what happens if he gets back on Smackdown before the month's up? Does he automatically get his belt back?

You know, I can see this going so they stick some of the nets favorite wrestlers (Benoit, Jericho, Shelton Benjamin) over on Smackdown and move the wrestlers over with the general populace (Cena, Booker T, Big Show) to RAW.

Its pretty bad that like 1/2 of Smackdown's roster on the SD Roster page are women, announcers or guys that have been out for a while.

Well that was quick... spoiler tags because people here aren't necessarily wanting to know full spoilers, I suppose:

Nevermind I apparently can't get the tag to work

Is it possible that Christian may win the WWE title sometime in the next three weeks, then gets traded or drafted to SmackDown? Vengeance also occurs before the final draft picks happen, I think, so it's entirely possible that, for example, the World Heavyweight Champ will be moved to SmackDown AFTER the Hell in a Cell. Having two championship matches on a RAW PPV may be their way of trying to spike a buyrate for a throwaway show. I could definitely see a double main event of Cena/Christian and the HIAC, then one of those champs moving back to SmackDown in plenty of time for the Great American Bash.

You know they're not going to leave both World champs on the same show, plus there's almost 7 weeks left before the next SmackDown PPV, plenty of time to get a champ back to that show. I'm sure we'll have an answer in the next couple of weeks, let's just hope it makes for some entertaining TV.

Let it be marked and recorded that Benoit's last RAW match was against Gene "Why is he still employed?" Snitsky.

In a garbage match.

That he won during the commercial break.

With help from The Dudley Boys.

Poor, poor Benoit.

My previously excited post was due to DrVenkman posting about a JBL/Benoit confrontation on SD tonight leading to a match between the two.

Guest Rrrsh
Is it possible that Christian may win the WWE title sometime in the next three weeks, then gets traded or drafted to SmackDown?  Vengeance also occurs before the final draft picks happen, I think, so it's entirely possible that, for example, the World Heavyweight Champ will be moved to SmackDown AFTER the Hell in a Cell.  Having two championship matches on a RAW PPV may be their way of trying to spike a buyrate for a throwaway show.  I could definitely see a double main event of Cena/Christian and the HIAC, then one of those champs moving back to SmackDown in plenty of time for the Great American Bash.

You know they're not going to leave both World champs on the same show, plus there's almost 7 weeks left before the next SmackDown PPV, plenty of time to get a champ back to that show.  I'm sure we'll have an answer in the next couple of weeks, let's just hope it makes for some entertaining TV.

There is not a fucking chance in hell Chrsitian is winning the World Title. Not a fucking Chance.

Well if you're all so open for entire show spoilers (since the damn tags don't work), Benoit vs JBL was announced for the show this week and was in my original post before I realized the tags had no effect.

Guest wildpegasus
Well if you're all so open for entire show spoilers (since the damn tags don't work), Benoit vs JBL was announced for the show this week and was in my original post before I realized the tags had no effect.

As Kermit from Kung Fu The Lengend Continues would say

"Oh Yeah"

I've decided that this is better overall for Benoit as now I can pinpoint exactly when he's on Smackdown whereas watching RAW in hopes of a Benoit match sucks because of all the shit you have to sit through.