TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Suggest meat

Flank steak is a good quality meat that you can get a relatively large amount for a good price. It is usually 2 pounds per pack and it is folded in half so when you take it out of the pack and unfold it is about 8"-10" x 6" Also you can do a lot with it like cut it up for fajitas or shiskabobs, or just throw the entire slab on the grill and cut it into three pieces, also it marinades very well.

Guest Brian
On swordfish, I heard you're supposed to avoid it because the mercury content is too high or something.

Just eat in moderation. It's hard to get usually and I think it's pretty pricey.

On swordfish, I heard you're supposed to avoid it because the mercury content is too high or something.

It's not just swordfish, people have been advised not to eat fish more then twice a week for a couple of years now.

Buffalo, eh? My uncles are hunters and such so I've tried bear, deer, moose (mooseburgers are fabulous) and venison amongst other assorted stuff but not buffalo.

Taste approximation?

Buffalo, eh? My uncles are hunters and such so I've tried bear, deer, moose (mooseburgers are fabulous) and venison amongst other assorted stuff but not buffalo.

Taste approximation?

Venison is nothing short of phnoomenal. It's a spicy kind of tender meat. It's tough to accurately describe.

Guest Brian

Taste approximation?

Game is hard to describe, and a lot of people are just naturally turned off by it. Buffalo is close to beef, but it's also leaner so you have to be careful with how you cook it.

They used to sell bear in Aberdeen but it's been close to fifteen years since I've had it.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Venison is deer. I've eaten plenty throughout my life, but it's not my favorite. I've never had bear, and I'd probably only eat it if I killed it.

You should make yourself some sloppy joes, fella.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Get a jalepeno Slim Jim. I've been eating the hell out of those lately.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Cook hotdogs over a big fire. That's always good.

Alternately, do beer brats or some kind of polish sausage.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

Vension from a freshly processed deer. There is no greater flavor.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I think it's pretty overrated. It's got a smell to it that rubs me the wrong way, no matter how fresh. I can see why some folks swear by it, though.

The mercury in fish gets worse the bigger the fish is (unless you're talking about a plant eater like a whale) because mercury is concentrated the higher you go in the food chain. For example, "Light" tuna is better for you, mercury wise, than "albacore" because the fish are a lot smaller. Ergo, they've eaten less and smaller fish, ergo less mecury.