TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

The dems are losing.

No mess for 40 years on Social Security?  Hmm...who controlled Congress for those 40 years?  Oh!  The Democrats!  Thanks for proving my point.  Heck, Social Security was in trouble by 1978 and was only saved with a payroll tax hike.

Except that it hasn't been in trouble. We've talked about it here before. All predictions on Social Security have been made on the assumption that the economy is going to fall in the future, however it's always done better. Now that it's sliding a bit, there's more alarm about a future problem. But the impartial accounting offices see it not happening for decades, even assuming that things continue on the path that they're on today, and there's no guarantee they will.

Look, I agree the Democrats have a very muddy message on Social Security reform, but there's no reason to need to slam the panic button.

Education is a mess even with NCLB (which if you remember was supported by the beakon of liberalism himself Ted Kennedy).

First, I'm not a fan of Uncle Ted, so whatever.

Second, everyone, Uncle Ted included, assumed that they would actually fund the program. Policy without funding is nothing more than discussion about how the world would be better if we only did _______.

Voters just didn't vote for the GOP by electoral college.

No, I'm simply promoting majority rule democracy.

What?  Are you trying to tell me that EVERY TIME the GOP wins power it has to cheat?

Nope. I doubt the 2002 race was fixed. I doubt the California recall was fixed. Heck, I don't believe there was some sabotage in the 2000 race, I think there was general piss-poor mismanagement. But, this most recent presidential race, where the guy behind in the polls came out ahead in states with voting machines that have no paper trail? Why, yes, I think there's enough of a mystery there for some idle speculation, moreso depending on how much of the "Bush and Diebold were working together" stuff you choose to believe.

That's not so much a "whiny liberal who can't stand that he lost the election" opinion, it's a "after the Enron debacle it doesn't seem so suprising if this was the case" sort of thing.

If that's the case then why haven't they been in power FOREVER?

Wait a minute, I swear that I remember something about Clinton fighting with some guys in Congress. And wasn't there a guy with a funny name like Newt or something?

NCLB is terrible funded or not. Abolish the DOE!

I think we need to get rid of exit polls period. I knew those exit polls were terrible when they had Kerry only losing Mississippi by three points. Give me a break.

Education is a mess even with NCLB (which if you remember was supported by the beakon of liberalism himself Ted Kennedy).

First, I'm not a fan of Uncle Ted, so whatever.

Second, everyone, Uncle Ted included, assumed that they would actually fund the program. Policy without funding is nothing more than discussion about how the world would be better if we only did _______.

No amount of funding is going to keep parents from letting their kids stay up until 1am playing PS2.