TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jm29195

Lesnar wants back in.....

I don't see how they'd get past the perception that Brock is a has-been who couldn't cut it in the NFL.

When Michael Jordan went back to the Bulls, did anyone think of him as a has-been who couldn't cut in MLB?

Brock Lesnar was a wrestler all through college before entering the WWE and is naturally going to be better at that then some sport he hadn't played since high school.

If they bring Lesner back, they should do it like they introduced him. Have him come out unexpectedly and just annihilate people.

Fuck yeah! :headbang:

I don't see how they'd get past the perception that Brock is a has-been who couldn't cut it in the NFL.

When Michael Jordan went back to the Bulls, did anyone think of him as a has-been who couldn't cut in MLB?

Wrestling isn't basketball.

Guest *KNK*

No one views Rock as someone who couldn't cut in the NFL nor do they with Bradshaw, Goldberg and Ron Simmons.

It's all about the perception they create as wrestlers.

And to counter your next arguement, They completely pushed that Rock couldn't get any interest in the NFL in his books and his countless interviews. They didn't hide that he came to WWF because CFL wasn't enticing enough and NFL passed on him. They choose to push that he was "member" of the Miami Hurricane National Championship team however glossing over the fact that 75% of that team got NFL roster spots.

It's very easy to push past that perception by letting him dominate the WWE.

No one remembers Jordan's stint with Baseball all that much. Brock's foray into NFL can just as well be protrayed the same because you are re-selling Brock Lesnar to the same market that he was already connected with.

It took some time and hesitant fans to accpet that MJ was still the MJ who ruled the world. All Jordan had to do was go and perform on the previous level and exceed it and for David Stern to properly promote his return.

It's up to Vince McMahon to do that end of the bargain.

Brock Lesnar was a wrestler all through college before entering the WWE and is naturally going to be better at that then some sport he hadn't played since high school.

did Michael Jordan have awful WWE "writers" booking his comeback?

More often than not, returning wrestlers (no matter what the circumstances of their departure) usually get a hero's welcome. And since WW_ doesn't really have a lot of guys on a par with his notoriety, I don't doubt that a returning Brock Lesnar, especially if it's a kayfabed surprise, would pop the crowd in a big way.

I for one would be joining them.

Guest QUP2CME

Brock Lesnar will return by WM 22. He needs the money (AKA job) and Vince never turns down money.

No one views Rock as someone who couldn't cut in the NFL nor do they with Bradshaw, Goldberg and Ron Simmons.

It's all about the perception they create as wrestlers.

And to counter your next arguement, They completely pushed that Rock couldn't get any interest in the NFL in his books and his countless interviews. They didn't hide that he came to WWF because CFL wasn't enticing enough and NFL passed on him. They choose to push that he was "member" of the Miami Hurricane National Championship team however glossing over the fact that  75% of that team got NFL roster spots.

It's very easy to push past that perception by letting him dominate the WWE.

No one remembers Jordan's stint with Baseball all that much. Brock's foray into NFL can just as well be protrayed the same because you are re-selling Brock Lesnar to the same market that he was already connected with.

It took some time and hesitant fans to accpet that MJ was still the MJ who ruled the world. All Jordan had to do was go and perform on the previous level and exceed it and for David Stern to properly promote his return.

It's up to Vince McMahon to do that end of the bargain.

I agree. Its all about how they present him. Its dumb to portray him as weak, given his last run. They just dont need to mention his football career and focus on the commenters saying H*ly Sh*t, its Brock Lesnar, one of the most dominant WWE superstars ever. Hence, I think they should have a surprise return and not a promoed return. I think the H*ly Sh*t factor will be stronger that way. Hell, they could play out my dream storyline of a character of a wrestler being portrayed as the saviour of the business.

Gets down on my knees and prays.

Have Brock end UT's streak in his return match.

Return match to what? :huh: IIRC, Brock never lost to UT and they finished their feud. Its not like Angles yearly best of 3 series thingy.

Return match to the WWE...

Ahhh, thanks. Thought the poster meant a return feud with the UT, but Brock has 3 PPV wins over UT IIRC, whilst UT main victory was in a horribly very overbooked handicap match.

I think the first time Brock/Taker was on PPV it was a DQ finish because Taker "wasn't feeling it." Then came the cell. What was their third match?