GreatWhiteNope

The OAO RAW Thread - 6/27/05

Rate this week's RAW - 6/27/05  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Rate this week's RAW - 6/27/05

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

You know, if they would trade both Batista and HHH to Smackdown Raw might be quite the joyous program again. I'm fairly sure on Batista being the main guy going but the 2nd? I dunno. Jericho makes sense due to him doing the Highlight Reel and Carlito is doing the Cabana, can't see room for both on Raw (unless perhaps they feud over this?). As I said, Shelton makes sense given that he's jobbed out of the IC scene and wasn't even on Raw tonight. HHH would be a surprise I have to admit, but I dunno about a show with both HHH and JBL.

It was nice of that old guy Cena to let those two young lions in Shawn and Hogan to have the spotlight. Way to push the younger talent.

Hell I almost forgot the WWE even had a couple of World Champions with the way last night's show was going...

Is SD being taped right now? I thought it was taped before Raw the past few supershows.

I think it depends on which coast they're taping on ... Eastern tapings have Smackdown first so Raw can be live at 9 EST; West Coast tapings have Smackdown after for the same reason.

I just Angle should be given a gold star for trying to hide Flair's weaknessess, but it was far too one sided one the goodness for me.

Uh...the match was Flair's match. Angle's role could have been filled by almost anyone.

Either I was really stoned or else Raw was pretty damn good last night, or maybe a little bit of both!

The picks were one of an obvious with Big Show (which is fine since he should be off Smackdown anyway) and the other caught me off guard with Van Dam. Not sure if its good to bad that he's on Raw though, I would think bad in a sense that I think he would have better chances to shine in the ring against workers like Rey. London, Juvy, etc on Smackdown but good in that they might try to get him over stronger on Raw to play back into the Mr Monday Night and such. However I'm obviously worried about the politics with HHH - maybe they will play into it and HHH will continue to surprise me and put over Van Dam in a program. Doubt it but you never know as I would like to think Vince would have some plan of action with Van Dam more than just doing a feud with Carlito.

Hogan coming out caught me off guard, I figured it would just end up being an announcement that he would show up next week. Honestly, I thought Rock was going to show up before Hogan. Still though, Hogan really works in small doses like this. Cena looked legitimately in mark mode during the whole Hogan thing.

Angle/Flair was good stuff for sure. My neighbor was not looking forward to the match (He thinks Flair should retire, etc) but both of us were into it by the end of the match. That could have/should have been a possible ppv match as it was that good. We got treated there for sure.

I'd just as soon we have Carlito get himself DQed against RVD whenever they do that match...RVD can beat him down but Carlito gets DQed and retains. Then move Van Dam on to something useful. Disturbingly enough I'd say an RVD/HHH feud would make quite a bit of sense, though I can't remember a really GOOD match they've ever had. Those matches are the epitome of HHH making an opponent look bad by insisting on doing stuff that isn't RVD's specialty (NWA style mat wrestling, long term selling of a leg, etc). If they had a wild no holds barred brawl where Van Dam could do his thing it might be good.

Actually, I think RVD's at the point where he could use another long IC run. With the injury, (and before that, the time on Smackdown,) he's gotten to the point where he's somewhat of a fresh product to the Raw audience.

They don't have to start him from the top, but they do have to give him lots of convincing wins. If he just cuts loose in the ring, doing whatever he can to get himself over against the likes of CCC, Masters, and Jericho, he could be back to his old level of overness in no time. Something like a 12 month IC title reign capped off with a World Title win over HHH at Summerslam next year could be awesome.

Ha, I'd like to see that too but RVD beating HHH for the title is like living in a fantasy world. And dude, there is no way in hell I want RVD dicking around with a black hole of heat like Chris Masters. With Jericho, what would RVD have to prove? He's already beaten Jericho about 100 times.

I can see giving a guy a midcard title like the IC to try and establish him, but RVD is already established and needs to move out of the division.